Transformers: The Ride - 3D | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They were still talking when I saw them in December, so I assume it's a scheduling or technical issue.
Forgot to talk about this, but I think it's indeed most likely a scheduling thing. Optimus was talking when I passed by him on my visit a couple days ago. Didn't see Megatron because he had a surprisingly short amount of appearances, which I all missed due to being in SNW. XP

So now seeing the rumors of where DK is going to go...I think this ride is safe for a few years but think the lower lot will be so much different in 10/15 years

I'm also down to just retheme this ride for Transformers Beast Wars but feel like by the time they get to this ride it will be time for it to go unless they are rebooting the movies again

Any word on if this ride is going to get a projector upgrade or refurb? The projector quality is nowhere near what it was on opening day. The image quality is discolored, blurry, and just really bad. I hope they prioritize giving this ride some TLC sooner than later.
Since Spiderman 4K is closing in Japan, I wonder if the tech from there could be ported over to USH? I think it was only upgraded in the last few years.

Transformers could easily hand around for a lot longer if they give it some upgrades.

I have no idea when this attraction is going down, if it's Nintendo themed then I have no doubt it will be as good if not better then this ride

Also would be not surprised if we do see some attraction from/using the same tech as rides in Epic Universe. At least at USH, it's been since DE attraction that I feel like we got a downgrade so I'm not too worried about it here, over in Florida they have more space so they can have more filler attractions that can suck but here, I doubt we ever get something like F&F Supercharge/Jimmy Fallen

One thing to keep in mind. An attraction replacement is sometimes a lesser quality attraction than it's predecessor. Orlando F&F is a perfect example. Disaster/Earthquake attraction and Beetlejuise show were much better than F&F. Be careful what you ask for.
Well I was on team “replace Transformers”, but I think it’s better it just upgraded. All I was saying is that the ride needs a really good projector upgrade. Ride would be the same though some small enhancements would be nice.

Well I was on team “replace Transformers”, but I think it’s better it just upgraded. All I was saying is that the ride needs a really good projector upgrade. Ride would be the same though some small enhancements would be nice.
Hard agree that this needs a projector refurbishment. Hopefully they can do them all at once unlike Simpsons, where it was a crapshoot if you were going to get actually clear projection

I know this kinda bleeds into armchair territory, but it would be nice if they could add a few practical effects on this ride as well a projector upgrade. I remember waaaay back when the ride was getting built that there was a rumor of a full-on Optimus Prime AA at the end. Wouldn’t that be great to add for the end.

The ride is good when it’s at its prime (Pun intended) but it’s one of the most poorly-aged rides in the park with its technology (Simpsons being the worst). The ride needs an upgrade.

Reactions: belloq87
I know this kinda bleeds into armchair territory, but it would be nice if they could add a few practical effects on this ride as well a projector upgrade. I remember waaaay back when the ride was getting built that there was a rumor of a full-on Optimus Prime AA at the end. Wouldn’t that be great to add for the end.

The ride is good when it’s at its prime (Pun intended) but it’s one of the most poorly-aged rides in the park with its technology (Simpsons being the worst). The ride needs an upgrade.
It was not a rumor. When the ride was announced, Universal said the ride would have “stunning robotics” aka Animatronics.

Here is the press release for the attraction in 2008:

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Oct. 20 -- "Transformers," the electrifying blockbuster celebrated for its multi-generational appeal, inventive storyline, spectacular action sequences and special effects, will now be developed as a new theme park mega-attraction in a partnership
between Universal Parks & Resorts, Hasbro, Inc. and DreamWorks Pictures.

The attraction will fuse 3D-HD media, mega special effects and stunning robotics with a ride system that will transform perceptions of theme park experiences. The rides are scheduled to make their debuts in early 2011, first at Universal Studios Singapore and then at Universal Studios Hollywood. In "Transformers," Earth's humans are caught in the middle of an intergalactic war between the friendly Autobots and the evil Decepticons, which are able to change into a variety of objects, including cars, trucks, planes and other technological creations.

Tom Williams, Chairman and CEO, Universal Parks & Resorts, said: "'Transformers' will be a jewel in our collection of world-class rides based on great movies. We're thrilled to be collaborating with Hasbro, DreamWorks, director Michael Bay and the film's executive producer, Steven Spielberg, who has been responsible for so many of our signature rides and attractions." Steven Spielberg serves as creative consultant to Universal Parks & Resorts and has worked closely with the company in the creation of some of the world's most innovative theme park attractions. Those attractions include Jurassic Park-the Ride, a featured attraction at UP&R parks in Orlando, Hollywood and Japan, the E.T. Adventure at Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Japan, and the "War of the Worlds" sets at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Larry Kurzweil, President and Chief Operating Officer, Universal Studios Hollywood, said "'Transformers' represents a perfect match for our theme park: an exhilarating blockbuster with a great story, clever humor, non-stop action and flawless special effects. It has all the elements necessary to become one of the world's most exciting theme park rides and a centerpiece attraction at Universal Studios Hollywood, The Entertainment Capital of L.A."

"We are thrilled to be working with Universal Parks & Resorts and DreamWorks to create this 'Transformers' attraction because we believe it will deliver an ultimate one of a kind immersive 'Transformers' experience for our fans around the world!" said Brian Goldner, President and CEO of Hasbro, Inc.

Tan Hee Teck, Chief Executive Officer of Resorts World at Sentosa, the mega resort that is home to Universal Studios Singapore, said: "It is great that Asia will be the launch pad for the first Transformers attraction. Transformers was introduced in the United States in 1983 but traces its roots to Asia. Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron are familiar names to Asian audiences, who grew up with the robot toys and love the movie. When Transformers opens in Universal Studios Singapore in 2010, it will be the first of its kind in the world. We may see a surge of Transformers mania.

Director Michael Bay and Executive Producer Steve Spielberg presented "Transformers" in 2007. "Transformers" broke box office records on its way to gathering worldwide gross revenues of over $706 million -- the highest non-sequel gross of any movie in 2007 -- and three Academy Award nominations. The sequel, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," is scheduled to be released by Paramount Pictures in the U.S. on June 26, 2009.

"Transformers" is a Paramount release of a DreamWorks Pictures, Paramount Pictures presentation, in association with Hasbro, of a di Bonaventura Pictures production. Produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto, Don Murphy, Ian Bryce. Executive producers, Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, Brian Goldner, Mark Vahradian. Co-producers, Allegra Clegg, Ken Bates. Directed by Michael Bay. Screenplay, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci. Story, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, John Rogers. Starring Shia LaBeouf, Tyrese Gibson, Josh Dumael, Anthony Anderson, Megan Fox, Rachael Taylor, John Turturro and John Voight.

It was not a rumor. When the ride was announced, Universal said the ride would have “stunning robotics” aka Animatronics.

Here is the press release for the attraction in 2008:
A lot of the screen rides are aging poorly. Transformers currently is probably the best it’s been since 2013. There was a time in between where every scene had dead pixels or the image was blurry or something was wrong.
Idk. Upgrade wouldn’t seem worth it, I think they will let it run its course and it will naturally die. They redid the mural recently which is cool

Like the Mummy, I think these rides just are left as is until they get replaced

I have a feeling at least at Hollywood Transformers has 5 years or less in it

Isn't this attraction still quite popular? I understand wait times aren't the be-all or end-all of an attraction's viability, but Transformers is regularly one of the most queued-up-for attractions in the park. I'd be curious to hear from someone with Inside Information what kind of GSATs it gets.

Reactions: Rideguy70
Isn't this attraction still quite popular? I understand wait times aren't the be-all or end-all of an attraction's viability, but Transformers is regularly one of the most queued-up-for attractions in the park. I'd be curious to hear from someone with Inside Information what kind of GSATs it gets.
We will see this year

It's not a bad ride but.....looks what it's next to and there are area's around it that could also be used for more theme park.....with rumors fo Spiderman becoming a Pokemon ride in Japan and both are on the same system....I'm just saying I wont be surprised if it's gone within 5 years

Lines for this on busy days is over an hour but on slow days its basically a walk on

Reactions: saint.piss
It's crazy how it's been nearly 12 years since the ride opened, though. My god where has the time gone? But it's at a point where if Universal were to announce it were getting the axe, I wouldn't be too sad about it. Especially with a decade-plus of technological advancements, a modern Transformers ride could be quite something, and while I think the IP still fits within the park even if it's not a billion-dollar box office franchise anymore, I just can't see Universal seeing value in either starting from square one with a whole new Transformers ride or gutting parts of the existing ride to give it a slick overhaul at this point when they'd definitely get more in the long run ripping it down to make way for something new, fresh, and exciting, like a land.

In just my spitballing observation, too, Transformers has always had a certain benefit being the lower lot alternative for people who don't want to get wet on Jurassic World and might be averse to coasters like the Mummy. Now that SNW/MK is here, it's vying for attention with the competition a stone's throw away, and when boundary-pushing lands/experiences are in again, I wouldn't even be surprised to see Transformers go before Mummy at this rate just so Universal can get to taking advantage of the space next to it.

It's crazy how it's been nearly 12 years since the ride opened, though. My god where has the time gone? But it's at a point where if Universal were to announce it were getting the axe, I wouldn't be too sad about it. Especially with a decade-plus of technological advancements, a modern Transformers ride could be quite something, and while I think the IP still fits within the park even if it's not a billion-dollar box office franchise anymore, I just can't see Universal seeing value in either starting from square one with a whole new Transformers ride or gutting parts of the existing ride to give it a slick overhaul at this point when they'd definitely get more in the long run ripping it down to make way for something new, fresh, and exciting, like a land.

In just my spitballing observation, too, Transformers has always had a certain benefit being the lower lot alternative for people who don't want to get wet on Jurassic World and might be averse to coasters like the Mummy. Now that SNW/MK is here, it's vying for attention with the competition a stone's throw away, and when boundary-pushing lands/experiences are in again, I wouldn't even be surprised to see Transformers go before Mummy at this rate just so Universal can get to taking advantage of the space next to it.
On the operational side, I think transformers is a people eater for the lower lot. Idk if you have been down there but if transformers goes down it’s horrible down there.

On the operational side, I think transformers is a people eater for the lower lot. Idk if you have been down there but if transformers goes down it’s horrible down there.
I mean, pretty much anything thats E ticket like goes down at USH and it changes the crowds

It's one of USH weakness and why I wish we got the Yoshi ride even if it uses the same system as SLOP.....USH needs more filler rides and people eaters to help when things go down because there are like 12ish attractions.
It's also why I would love USH to use the tram area since then we can add some more and not have to take anything away and add some capacity to the park

As much as I love SLOP, even it's slow ops, I'd hardly call it a people eater. I suspect even if we had it, from the crowds point of view, the effect would be negligible.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
As much as I love SLOP, even it's slow ops, I'd hardly call it a people eater. I suspect even if we had it, from the crowds point of view, the effect would be negligible.
If SLOP and Yoshi were made in ways that eat people like HM, Buzz and the People mover. You would notice, look at the Simpsons its line isn't long because of demand its because of the loading system is sooooooooo old and now poorly designed for the the amount of guests coming in thats why it always has some sort of a line even on slow days

Heck even Mummy and Jurassic Lines are many times almost double in length because of ride ops, many times they don't load two trains at once and that really slows downs the amount of people getting on the ride

If SLOP and Yoshi were made in ways that eat people like HM, Buzz and the People mover. You would notice, look at the Simpsons its line isn't long because of demand its because of the loading system is sooooooooo old and now poorly designed for the the amount of guests coming in thats why it always has some sort of a line even on slow days

Heck even Mummy and Jurassic Lines are many times almost double in length because of ride ops, many times they don't load two trains at once and that really slows downs the amount of people getting on the ride
Simpsons is 20 minutes minimum even without a line because of pre shows and the ride duration