Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 369 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
No. There's a lot of different information floating out there, but everything I've been told is to expect very, very little soft openings. Maybe a week before it opens. Maybe.

This makes sense. The ride has already been done twice, so there's no need for an extended Tech Rehearsal.

Actually I could be there on the 16th also, I'm currently scheduled to stay at the All-Star resorts over at Disney that week. But if there's a soft opening going on that might draw me over to Universal, lol.

This makes sense. The ride has already been done twice, so there's no need for an extended Tech Rehearsal.

Tech Rehearsals will still need more than a week. Even if they have done this before, there are team members to train and engineers that are new to this ride to train. I don't care how many clones are out there, tech rehearsals are more than just working the kinks out on the ride, it is also for employees to get used to everything before they get massive crowds from a grand opening date.

What exactly are soft openings? With a soft opening, the ride is completely finished, right? Or are they still working out the kinks? If so, what's the point in soft openings?

With a soft opening. The park can open and close the ride as it chooses. They can analyze the processes involved in its operation and make any necessary changes to it. It also gives the crew a little practice before the busy grand opening.

What exactly are soft openings? With a soft opening, the ride is completely finished, right? Or are they still working out the kinks? If so, what's the point in soft openings?

Both. Think of it as somewhat well-written rough draft for an English paper, it may be good but there is always something to be improved upon and it is also a time for feedback before turning in (opening) the final paper (ride.)

Tech Rehearsals will still need more than a week. Even if they have done this before, there are team members to train and engineers that are new to this ride to train. I don't care how many clones are out there, tech rehearsals are more than just working the kinks out on the ride, it is also for employees to get used to everything before they get massive crowds from a grand opening date.

On a ride like this they don't need to be, it would be hepful but a lot of the issues that come out of it are already known and fixed (weight distribution issues, guest entry and exiting issues, ect). By the time the get to that point every RV has been tested and signed off, the team is all trained and ready to go. They just need people to test the "how will the guests mess this up" factor. And in this case it's already known.

^Exactly. And most of the ride ops training can be done on Spider-man, such as when they flew Ride Leads over from Singapore to train. I would think that several TMs are coming over from Spidey to open this also. They don't need an extended soft open period.

Operationally, the only thing that is really different from Spidey is that there are dispatch enable consoles for the loaders.

I'll be in Orlando June 2nd-6th so I'm really hoping it's in softs by then. I believe that's the last week before on-site hotel prices skyrocket for the summer.

They're adding a faux column on the Shrek/Mels side to match up with the NYC corner columns they messed up.

From @OrlandoInformer

BGXaQ03CcAAsLUa.jpg

So we will be going to Uni this weekend, so I hope to get some pictures for you guys. We are mainly doing IOA, but hopefully I can get some pics of TF since that is where we will sit for the parade. I know, crazy insane crowds, but the kids need to go to a park. My daughter keeps saying Go Mickey :) We were in the car yesterday and she kept saying Mickey in a questioning way like are we going there? Hopefully the columns will be done and I can get pics of the finished product.

Hey so just a quick question. What is the steel structure on the top of the building on the corner across from Mel's for? Has it been discussed? Could it be supports for Bumblebee, with only Optimus standing at the entrance?

I hate to say it, but I agree too that it's just theming. If they were going to "hang" anything at all there, I think it would just be a bunch of pegs & steel supports sticking out from the nuilding, not that I totally wouldnt want a TF hanging there, that would rock!

Don't know if I'm still the only person freaking out about that white strip of paint that has yet to be painted on that singular support beam on the lagoon side.. is it just me?
Just that small lack of paint alone is KILLING me.