Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 558 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
So I guess those reports that Transformers was not bringing in the spending and attendance was wrong, just like most of us thought. Transformers did what it was supposed to do, drive attendance up even though people knew a huge project was coming the year after. Comcast really does know what they are doing.

Awesome news, this has to bode extremely well for the future.

I love this quote from the article
"It seems pretty clear that new attractions drive attendance," she said.
Anyone have TDOs email addresses?

Uni have hit on a great formula and are seeing great returns on their investments, just goes to show that they have plenty of money in the pot for all the rumored attractions, and some.

I'm personally very excited to be a universal fan and am looking forward to see what the future holds.

Awesome news, this has to bode extremely well for the future.

I love this quote from the article
"It seems pretty clear that new attractions drive attendance," she said.
Anyone have TDOs email addresses?

Uni have hit on a great formula and are seeing great returns on their investments, just goes to show that they have plenty of money in the pot for all the rumored attractions, and some.

I'm personally very excited to be a universal fan and am looking forward to see what the future holds.
You are sooooo right!

So I guess those reports that Transformers was not bringing in the spending and attendance was wrong, just like most of us thought. Transformers did what it was supposed to do, drive attendance up even though people knew a huge project was coming the year after. Comcast really does know what they are doing.

There was never denying that it wasnt bringing in spending, just that it wasnt meeting insane expectations :thumbs:

I think the fact that we weren't seeing huge lines at first had some people worrying, but I think that has to do more with the fact that the ride has a great capacity and the ride ops were working extremely efficiently.

My friend told me something very cool! In the queue video, on the Tvs, at the part where it shows the names on the side, two of the names are Hercules and Xena!

I think the fact that we weren't seeing huge lines at first had some people worrying, but I think that has to do more with the fact that the ride has a great capacity and the ride ops were working extremely efficiently.

Setting records, actually!

That's what happens when TM are properly trained. Contrast that to what is happening at DHS, DAK, and Epcot right now.

That's what happens when TM are properly trained. Contrast that to what is happening at DHS, DAK, and Epcot right now.

Speaking of staff at Epcot...a guy was allowed to come into the ride theater at Ellen's Energy Adventure with the lights off and the vehicles undocked. Doors don't lock?? If it weren't for us yelling at the guy to get the heck out for his own good, the CM wouldn't have noticed. Sorry, not necessarily on topic.

In guessing this is a Homage to Stage 44?
null_zpse630fd52.jpg

From WESH

ORLANDO, Fla. —Some guests on Universal Studios' “Transformers” ride got more excitement than they expected Saturday night.

Universal Studios spokesman Tom Schroder said the ride stopped at 7:45 p.m. following a “tech glitch.” Schroder said the ride's safety features stopped the ride when a problem is detected.

The company called the Orlando Fire Department to help remove about a dozen riders from the ride.

It took more than an hour before all the riders were safely evacuated from the ride. No injuries were reported

Schroder told WESH 2 News that Universal Studios will make sure the ride is safe before opening it to guests. He expects the ride to resume normal operation Sunday.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl.../23227958/-/qvhx9o/-/index.html#ixzz2mBqeafTd

In guessing this is a Homage to Stage 44?
null_zpse630fd52.jpg

Ha, looked like the news needed about 30 ounces of bull:censored: too?

Seriously the ride closed shortly before the park, and it should reopen the next day without problems, and this is news?

I love hearing the television news like the temp shutdown of a major attraction. It causes me to wonder why, how, elevators, powerful machines etc. It reminds me how complicated the programming must be to handle every instance, and wonder what instance has not been thought of yet.

Went on this for the first time Wednesday before Thanksgiving....man I was BLOWN AWAY....the heat from Megatrons missle, the fantastic 3D, the movements, going through the devastator was incredible!!! wow A+++ From me!