Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Awesome pictures! And my dad is a general contractor, they can be used to keep down the dirt as mentioned above and it is also used for the base of a concrete floor (ex. before a house is built, the basement is a stone floor)

I don't think this is for the floor though because it just seems like they are scattered around.

Wow, going on vacation really set me back on keeping up with OU. I can't believe how this thread has exploded and even more so that SS44 is down to the dirt since it was still standing last time I was on here. Dang. :lol:

This whole project is exciting. I am just dying to know what the meetings were like for this project. I have a feeling it was kind of exciting.

But my money is still on the haunt... unless someone else has some more information to share... please. lol

If it was just a haunted house would they really need to tear down the building? I mean a haunted house can be made out of almost nothing but an empty wherehiuse, which basically what it was. If they are rebuilding it must be because they need to accommodate a ride system of some sort.

Transformers seems like a sure bet considering the size of the building almost matches the area.

Seriously why would someone want a year round haunt over TF this ride looks beast a haunted is really only good for one walk through then you'll never go back through as for Transformers has the reridablity as Spiderman I mean seriously why would you say no to Transformers?

Seriously why would someone want a year round haunt over TF this ride looks beast a haunted is really only good for one walk through then you'll never go back through as for Transformers has the reridablity as Spiderman I mean seriously why would you say no to Transformers?

While I'd rather have the ride, I greatly disagree with your assessment of the year round haunt.

While I'd rather have the ride, I greatly disagree with your assessment of the year round haunt.

See I kinda figured peoples opinion would be diffrent on this but I just think it would be fun the first time and thats it not unless they update this thing constantly!!! But im more of a ride person than a show/exhibit kinda guy....

Heres why I don't think this is a year round haunt...

1) Why would they build it if it's not very popular in the Hollywood park? Does not make any sense! Besides, everyone knows about HHN!

2) I don't think they would be pouring a bunch of money and expediting something such as a haunt attraction. If they ever did add a haunt, I'm sure it would have been added by now and Universal surely wouldn't be doing all this!

They are obviously building anticipation and excitement. Remember, they are trying to appeal to the GP, not us nerds who care about the small stuff. A year round haunt would just be a "meh" moment. Just a little insight.

1) Why would they build it if it's not very popular in the Hollywood park? Does not make any sense! Besides, everyone knows about HHN!

2) I don't think they would be pouring a bunch of money and expediting something such as a haunt attraction. If they ever did add a haunt, I'm sure it would have been added by now and Universal surely wouldn't be doing all this!

They are obviously building anticipation and excitement. Remember, they are trying to appeal to the GP, not us nerds who care about the small stuff. A year round haunt would just be a "meh" moment. Just a little insight.

:iagree:

This, especially. And the shareholders as well. The shareholders would not want something cloned from one park to another if it isn't doing well in the park it originated from.

If it was just a haunted house would they really need to tear down the building? I mean a haunted house can be made out of almost nothing but an empty wherehiuse, which basically what it was. If they are rebuilding it must be because they need to accommodate a ride system of some sort.

Transformers seems like a sure bet considering the size of the building almost matches the area.

Years ago, I heard that it was badly damaged due to one of the hurricanes, and they couldn't use it for the public anymore...but never knew if it was true or not.

I don't nessacarily want to see a year round haunt. I think those get old really quick. Also I would rather it not be an opt to count as a Haunt for HHN every year. House of Horrors is sort of that way over in Hollywood.

However, I will take almost any type of experience over Transformers. I want something fairly unique that is not just what Spiderman did over again. Transformers is Spiderman with less practical effects.

On another note, why would anyone want to root for Transformers The Ride from Hollywood? They never had Spiderman and we have ours upgraded to the same standards of film and sound. It has been over ten years now since that type of ride came into the world and there are already two Transformers rides out there. I would rather them see push something new and innovative to the next step or a different twist. They did that with Forbidden Journey and it was a pretty big payoff even without the obvious Potter tie in to its success, it is a great ride and themed attraction.

Also, the plot is a tight squeeze with a big issue for an E-ticket if one were to go there that I don't see anyone pointing out. No service roads. E ticket attractions typically hug the walls of a park for a reason. They have service roads that can access the building easily behind them for a multitude of reasons.

The park's next big ticket is coming to the Amity area. I am not saying something is not possible but I would not count on getting another E-ticket there.

I don't nessacarily want to see a year round haunt. I think those get old really quick. Also I would rather it not be an opt to count as a Haunt for HHN every year. House of Horrors is sort of that way over in Hollywood.

However, I will take almost any type of experience over Transformers. I want something fairly unique that is not just what Spiderman did over again. Transformers is Spiderman with less practical effects.

On another note, why would anyone want to root for Transformers The Ride from Hollywood? They never had Spiderman and we have ours upgraded to the same standards of film and sound. It has been over ten years now since that type of ride came into the world and there are already two Transformers rides out there. I would rather them see push something new and innovative to the next step or a different twist. They did that with Forbidden Journey and it was a pretty big payoff even without the obvious Potter tie in to its success, it is a great ride and themed attraction.

Also, the plot is a tight squeeze with a big issue for an E-ticket if one were to go there that I don't see anyone pointing out. No service roads. E ticket attractions typically hug the walls of a park for a reason. They have service roads that can access the building easily behind them for a multitude of reasons.

The park's next big ticket is coming to the Amity area. I am not saying something is not possible but I would not count on getting another E-ticket there.

I agree with your reasoning 100%. That being said I also want this to be something unique. Persona
Ly with shrek and despicsble me right here I would love to see another height restriction free attraction here. A family dark ride or something.