Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Jaws ride opened at USF only three years after JAWS: THE REVENGE was released, and that's one of the absolute worst movies ever made. That didn't override the first film being a certified classic worthy of a theme park ride.

The original Indy trilogy are beloved adventure movies, and the ride at Disneyland is still one of the most popular in the park. There's absolutely a place for a "new" Indy ride at WDW.

... But at Animal Kingdom? We'll see how they justify it.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Great Jaguar.

Oh, there are absolutely ways to make it work. I'm skeptical Disney will make the effort, but I hope they do.

There were ways to make FROZEN actually fit in Norway, too, and they didn't bother.
Hey hey hey... you be nice to my Caribbean vacationing roaring shark. His banana boat attack is the reason why I said "NOPE" to riding one years ago as a tween on a family Disney Cruise

Did I mention he roars!?
The only good thing about THE REVENGE is what Michael Caine -- who couldn't personally accept his Oscar for HANNAH AND HER SISTERS because he was on location shooting the movie -- said about it:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

Not me having a total brain fart about whether or not his character died. But then I remembered he survived (....somehow.. kinda like Palpatine, only more believable)

now I'm curious to know which version others have seen of it... there are two cuts. One with Jake surviving & the other with him eaten (off screen)

Ugh... you got me sidetracked by shark. Back to the kingdom of animals

Reactions: belloq87
The only problem I see with this ip is that the kids don't care about it and the 2 last movies didn't do well. This ip is still alive with my generation but Disney needs something that get the kids to the parks. Kids like dino's for sure (non movie related or other whise) but Indie not so much. I'm sure if the attractio is cool and the story is fun it could be a hit.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Kids don't need an incentive to go to AK... they don't drive, nor do they have money.

Besides, the Disney characters strewn about the park for meet-n-greets is what entices them. Along with the animal sightings.

It's not like Indy is the only addition/replacement they allegedly have planned for the park. Not sure why anyone is against the concept of it. IPs don't have to be relevant, popular or successful to make a good ride/attraction/show. You can make bad rides/attractions/shows from a popular/relevant/successful IP (we've seen it)

The only problem I see with this ip is that the kids don't care about it and the 2 last movies didn't do well. This ip is still alive with my generation but Disney needs something that get the kids to the parks. Kids like dino's for sure (non movie related or other whise) but Indie not so much. I'm sure if the attractio is cool and the story is fun it could be a hit.
Crystal Skull was the highest grossing Indy film (unadjusted) at $786.6M Worldwide. It was a big deal in 2008. Dial of Destiny kind of came and went like a fart in the wind, however.

I agree with Wesker though… there’s plenty of IPs kids will like in the parks already and they don’t pay for the vacations. Gen X and Millennials are overwhelmingly the ones paying right now and the trilogy is looked upon very favorably and fondly with those generations.

Reactions: Wesker69
And not to mention, the ride system is already right there. Heck, even the layout. :lmao: With Disney's insane spending, it'll still be costly to re-theme but I can already envision where they'd hang vines and add rockwork to make this happen. They could do it in 18 months from closure Tiana-style if they get cracking.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Oh, there are absolutely ways to make it work. I'm skeptical Disney will make the effort, but I hope they do.

There were ways to make FROZEN actually fit in Norway, too, and they didn't bother
Them bringing Rhode back to teach a master class in immersive theming to imagineers tells me they may at least try. I think they recognize that Immersion is the one thing that AK has over every other park.

As long as we get quality theming, aka no Dinorama
Chester & Hester will be haunting you in your dreams. Followed by Donald with his Dino-Bash.

be prepared the lion king GIF

This is why I don't think Indiana Jones will ever replace Dinosaur, not saying it still won't be rethemed or replaced I just don't think it will be Indy related. Absolutely hilarious that the movie bombed THAT hard. I would feel bad but the movie was awful so, just gotta laugh. Lol

Nah. I mean Sleeping Beauty bombed so hard it cost Disney to lose money for the first time (company, not just the film). But they still built a walkthrough and the characters were always present in the park

And there it is. Essentially confirmation of real announcements/info at D23 this year rather than blue sky nonsense. Time to start marathoning Dinosaur.
The permits a few weeks back confirmed they were actually going to start work, but thankfully this is an additional confirmation that the piece of Blue Sky shared last year is the real deal. It was questionable if the Indy/Encanto project was even the final concept.

I'd imagine we'll get a Dinosaur closure confirmation soon with a "stay tuned to D23" announcement anytime now.

While I am coming around to the AK implementation (still enjoy Dinosaur but oh well), I still don't understand the "Beyond Big Thunder" expansion. The Magic Kingdom is the one park that does not need expanding right now. They should either eliminate the Indy Stunt show and expand DHS or go to work in a different area of DHS. Grow out DHS and AK and let MK's capacity issues resolve themselves while building attendance at the other parks.

While I am coming around to the AK implementation (still enjoy Dinosaur but oh well), I still don't understand the "Beyond Big Thunder" expansion. The Magic Kingdom is the one park that does not need expanding right now. They should either eliminate the Indy Stunt show and expand DHS or go to work in a different area of DHS. Grow out DHS and AK and let MK's capacity issues resolve themselves while building attendance at the other parks.
Yeah, I don't get it either. MK is busy, but it has a decent amount of capacity and if you don't want to wait in line there are multiple high-capacity theaters/attractions available. DHS doesn't have that luxury as just one single attraction closure can impact the entire park quite easily.

I love Dinosaur, but it's pretty much a walk on at the end of the day (same with DAK), so it's understandable that DAK will be the emphasis and the first to be worked on.

Also, I wonder how significant of a project Beyond really is. Wondering if they are planning on "shifting" the access canal to Seven Seas to provide even more space to MK?