Turning Red (2022) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Turning Red (2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, if anything's going to happen, that's the most likely thing, but Disney/Pixar is going to be the better paid option and it would also be a big risk starting up a completely new studio and hoping you can find room in the marketplace to make money.
Of Course but at this point seems personal why the best Disney Studio is being forced to skip theaters and not even get extra money off Disney Plus....just help boost numbers that Disney can't do at this point over 2 years in and should just have more programs ready to go then take movies out of theaters for content.

No surprise here, but critics love it with a 95% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

What IS surprising, is the 73% audience score. Given that the movie just released today, I feel like this has the potential to drop even further once more people see it.

No surprise here, but critics love it with a 95% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

What IS surprising, is the 73% audience score. Given that the movie just released today, I feel like this has the potential to drop even further once more people see it.

While it definitely is family film, its definitely targeted towards females more with a large female cast. I thought it was a lot of fun though and a solid pixar film. I also love that is was set in the 90s so it was like seeing my childhood. Also even before the film came out, because they heard they would talk about puberty, a lot of not so friendly comments came out.

This was so enjoyable. The most fun I've had with a Disney movie in a while... and I loved the energy, music, and anime touches. A great allegory for growing up and could totally relate as I was in high school during this time period.

So as a Gay nerd who grew up in the 90's, this film hit a bunch of surprising notes. Like, I knew what kind of notes to expect from being a Furry and believe you me this film resoundingly hit those notes. Though what I didn't expect was getting unexpected flashbacks to Middle/High School since I know people who fit the cast to a T.

This is a delightfully different Pixar film, from the fun animation style that rolls with 2D/Anime effects and influences, the humor, the very brisk pace and editing, to the downright manic and messy tone which honestly captures the wild and weird feelings of growing up/puberty etc.

All in all, I really enjoyed this one!

Love the messages and animation but its just not a film I see myself watching again.

Soul and Luca are more my styles of films but in no way is this a bad film just not for me

Got around to watching it with family tonight and really enjoyed it. Imo, it's one of the more "fun" Pixar movies. Sure, it's targeted at a specific audience, but even as an almost 30-y/o Male, I can relate quite heavily to this movie having grown up as a big fan of the boy bands, but also like, whether you're a male or female, we all experience puberty, and with this being a coming-of-age film I think that most audiences can relate to this movie in one way or another.

Also, I love how just because the main character actually character actually came out and says "I'm growing up. I lie, Mom!" that it had people losing their minds. You'd think none of them have ever watched a Disney movie before. Disney characters lie to their parents all the time!

Well it looks like mommy groups and religious groups hated this film because of the content so expect that rating to keep going down.
The Rotten Tomatoes Audience score has actually gone up by roughly 10% since last week.

Also:

Reactions: Tobias
Got around to watching it with family tonight and really enjoyed it. Imo, it's one of the more "fun" Pixar movies. Sure, it's targeted at a specific audience, but even as an almost 30-y/o Male, I can relate quite heavily to this movie having grown up as a big fan of the boy bands, but also like, whether you're a male or female, we all experience puberty, and with this being a coming-of-age film I think that most audiences can relate to this movie in one way or another.

Also, I love how just because the main character actually character actually came out and says "I'm growing up. I lie, Mom!" that it had people losing their minds. You'd think none of them have ever watched a Disney movie before. Disney characters lie to their parents all the time!

The Rotten Tomatoes Audience score has actually gone up by roughly 10% since last week.

Also:

I am not a parent yet....and who knows maybe my brains will turn to goo when I do but if my kid isn't lying to me weekly I either have an alien who took my kids body or have zero rules in my house hold. Kids lie...they have to or else they will be subject to their parents rules and many of which make no sense and this is how kids grow up they have to find out what happens when you make mistakes.

Reactions: Nick