TurtleTrek | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

TurtleTrek

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Orlando Theme Park News posted these pics of the facade

iKlKGSUOD18Ur.JPG

ibvqkhh2TLwhkW.JPG

iiUnQGxQkKi7C.JPG

iLWJlF0UWrlnL.JPG

Based on tweets It seems that SeaWorld is currently mixing/testing the TurtleTrek music with the componist Live in the dome.

Just with @JakeJackson at SeaWorld Orlando mixing TurtleTrek - a film/installation featuring my original score

Since the grand opening is slated for Friday, April 27, which is five days from now, I'd bet this week is an absolute given. :thumbs:

Great photo, btw!

I will probably have to wait a few years before my next Orlando trip so that I can.....

1) Save up for the cost of the trip
2) Be able to enjoy the multitude of projects currently under construction (i.e. Potter 2.0, Antarctica, New Fantasyland, Test Track 2.0, TurtleTrek, etc.)

^ Maybe by then a new Intamin mega coaster?? Oh please BGT build a air time machine with Intamin.

Well it does officially open this week. :lol:

We will be there to cover it. :thumbs:

:) I Know, I know. It's just fun to hope for soft openings even just a coupe of days before opening. It's the anticipation of something new at SW.

The guys at Attraction Magazine have created this Video of TurtleTrek. Don't watch if you want to go into this new attraction all blanc , as is shows the exibits and part of the movie

[video=youtube_share;qmm1ITaGezk]http://youtu.be/qmm1ITaGezk[/video]

And there is more marketing going on:
Jack Hanna in Scubagear, broadcasting from within the TurtleTrek aquarium
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1590190889001/

Last edited:
Here we go

ArfWqTNCIAEYu9W.jpg:large

Kids are invited up front to get a view of the turtles before TurtleTrek begins

ArfZ5sUCMAEeuqa.jpg:large

Last edited:
Just exited Turtle Trek and thought it was great. It's a solid addition to Seaworld and a full review is coming later today.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I experienced Turtle Trek today, and I have to say... WOW! This was so much more than I was expecting. The technology was amazing, the experience top notch.

I love how in the queue they first hold you in the Manatee viewing area, then they do the pre-show at the Sea Turtle viewing area, where they do a great job setting up the show... then they move you into the Dome... and let me just say I was so curious and wondering how they were going to pull off the 360 degrees domed projections, and I will say they are flawless.

WOW!

I am guessing they are the polarized plastic glasses because they are not as thick (?) as the ones used on Star Tours. More like the ones used for Mickey's Philharmagic and Shrek 4D but a different shape.