Twister...Ride It Out | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Twister...Ride It Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still love Twister. The problem is (like many UO attractions) they get old VERY quickly, especially when they're themed off a movie or TV show. Unlike Disney where they're instant classics and everyone knows them forever. For example when Jimmy Neutron first opened in 2003, everyone knew the cartoons in the ride because they were POPULAR and AIRING. Almost all of the cartoon characters in the ride were from the late 90s and early 2000s. But by 2011 very little people had interest or even knew who the cartoons were in the ride anymore (also Universal's contract ended with Nickelodeon), so JN closed.

If there's gonna be an attraction based off some sort of media, it has to be a well known franchise or be popular enough to live a long life.

Something like what? walking dead?

I check this thread daily. lol
Just difficult to imagine something fitting fitting the NY area theme Unless Twister is considered production central.

Nothing fits in New York, Twister and Mummy make no real sense there. They just ended up replacing two attractions that originally fit.

Personally I think mummy fits in great in NY since you enter through the museum, of course the story which places you on a film set in Egypt does not make sense; but then, maybe it is all a dream, you go to the museum, sit down on a bench looking at an ancient Egypt display and nod off imagine you are being chased by a mummy.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be cool if they were to bring back Ghostbusters!

Well, the Metropolitan Museum of Art does have one of if not the largest display of Egyptian artifacts in the world. There are a lot of mummies in Manhattan!

Fair enough, it does start as a museum that could be in New York but being in a movie set/tomb makes no sense after that. The ride isn't there because it's a good fit for New York lol.

I don't see why everyone is against a SNL show. An Improv comedy show like Second city could be really good if they actually got good comedians/talent. These shows are very popular Amoung tourists in NYC, Chicago, and LA

Fair enough, it does start as a museum that could be in New York but being in a movie set/tomb makes no sense after that. The ride isn't there because it's a good fit for New York lol.

Well, there are a lot of movie studios in greater NYC... Silver Cup studios is one of the older and where the classic Woody Allen films were shot! Today, there are magnificent new studios that have been built and are used for "The Good Wife" among many.

Want potter, I hand you The Cloisters.

Want Les Mis, I send you back to the Met.

Want Twister, I send you south to a certain area near Wall St.

New York has it all... it makes Epcot seem like Chuck E Cheese.

Ok, Volcano's and the Middle East is a bit of a stretch... but the Met does have some of the complete interiors from Pompeii and an incredible gallery of the arts of Turkey, Iran, Central Asia

Well, there are a lot of movie studios in greater NYC... Silver Cup studios is one of the older and where the classic Woody Allen films were shot! Today, there are magnificent new studios that have been built and are used for "The Good Wife" among many.

Want potter, I hand you The Cloisters.

Want Les Mis, I send you back to the Met.

Want Twister, I send you south to a certain area near Wall St.

New York has it all... it makes Epcot seem like Chuck E Cheese.

Ok, Volcano's and the Middle East is a bit of a stretch... but the Met does have some of the complete interiors from Pompeii and an incredible gallery of the arts of Turkey, Iran, Central Asia
Love the Egyptian display at the Met. You can get lost in that tomb.

Well I think we need twister in some way. If disaster is leaving we won't really have a effects demo anywhere in the resort anymore and while that may be a joy for some I feel like it's somewhat of a tradition at universal parks. I think the main problem we all have with twister and why it's on the chopping block is because of it's name. Twister is such a stupid movie that it's pretty much a guilty pleasure at the most for people. If they just changed the preshow film and renamed the show to "tornado encounter" I'm almost positive nobody would have a problem with it. It really doesn't need a movie tie in whatsoever and it's a shame that it has one

BLASPHEMY! lol Stupid movie? More like a fun b movie experience!

- - - Updated - - -

You replace Twister with anything less that a 250 Million dollar Z Ticket and I'm pissed!

LONG LIVE THE PAX!!

You tell 'em HTF!!!! Leave my Twister alone!!!

Last edited:
If they get rid of Twister and put some lame ass show with a guy from late night television I'll be pissed. What screams a more "Universal" experience? A Tornado attraction or a sit down and watch a TV host talk? I think we all are just so game for getting ALL new rides or attractions that we just start throwing random ideas out there. I feel like Twister has that same nostalgia feel of classic Universal attractions and is still to this day, a very original and different ride experience. It would very disappointing if this ride were to go before Disaster or a 3D attraction like Shrek. SMH

Last edited: