Twister...Ride It Out | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Twister...Ride It Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they were smart they would take a more grounded and realistic approach. Make it an action drama. Maybe even base it on an actual tornado event. Focus on character development. Make the tornadoes extremely terrifying via perspective and build up. (ie the tornado in Man of Steel). Make us invested in the characters and the story. Don't make it another "Into the Storm". The true terror of experiencing tornadoes has yet to be properly portrayed on the big screen. Twister was the closest. If done right, it would be monumental....

If they were smart they would take a more grounded and realistic approach. Make it an action drama. Maybe even base it on an actual tornado event. Focus on character development. Make the tornadoes extremely terrifying via perspective and build up. (ie the tornado in Man of Steel). Make us invested in the characters and the story. Don't make it another "Into the Storm". The true terror of experiencing tornadoes has yet to be properly portrayed on the big screen. Twister was the closest. If done right, it would be monumental....
I have always dreamed of a storm chasing dark ride using the Spiderman tech

#BringBackTwister
You know what's funny is how hated this show was when it first opened. If Twitter was around #bringbackghostbusters would have been trending

Funny how things cycle back around

Sorry I created another topic in the movies games Thread I should’ve waited. But since they are rebooting Twister and it will be done by Universal this time I guess time will tell when they’ll reboot Earthquake it’s weird JJ Abrams was supposed to direct it back in 2008 or 2012 I guess the project was canceled? I didn’t hear anything about the project being canceled though that’s the thing the talk of this reboot movie just faded away. I think for Earthquake if they do end up remaking it JJ should do it good choice for director. Maybe disaster movies will make a comeback with the new Twister. I didn’t see the old earthquake movie with Charlton Heston is it worth seeing?

The page has been like this for about 10 or 11 years so I’m assuming it’s canceled at least the exciting news we already heard about Twister.

Morbidly, I think natural disasters are gonna be more on people's minds as (soapbox moment!) climate change gets worse. Last year, we had a run of big disasters like the massive wildfires in California and Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas. Who's to say how it'll look two years from now, when this movie gets released.

Stories of ordinary people banding together to save each other from freak weather are probably only going to get more resonant as time goes on.

The old EARTHQUAKE is not one of the better '70s disaster movies, but there's some fun stuff in there.
So you think since the 70’s Earthquake movie wasn’t that good with Charlton Heston you wouldn’t be surprised if they rebooted Earthquake? I see they’ve done a few earthquake movies like the Quake but it wasn’t done by Universal. Curious you think they’ll remake BackDraft? I think that’s a Universal movie too.

So you think since the 70’s Earthquake movie wasn’t that good with Charlton Heston you wouldn’t be surprised if they rebooted Earthquake? I see they’ve done a few earthquake movies like the Quake but it wasn’t done by Universal. Curious you think they’ll remake BackDraft? I think that’s a Universal movie too.
The miniatures were impressive but the movie was kind of blah

Twister is still a freaking blast to watch to this day

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Oh I understand I just think with the wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes we are still seeing happening around our world I guess what I mean we could still see more natural disaster movies.But your right Twister tops them all. I still miss the Earthquake ride though that was awesome. I was fortunate to experience the 90’s universal classics back in the day. I wanted to do Backdraft In Hollywood because I thought it was a awesome ride never rode it. But earthquake I remember water gushing through the tram and you feet were almost in a puddle if I remember correctly!

Last edited:
Oh I understand I just think with the wildfires, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes we are still seeing happening around our world I guess what I mean we could still see more natural disaster movies.But your right Twister tops them all. I still miss the Earthquake ride though that was awesome. I was fortunate to experience the 90’s universal classics back in the day. I wanted to do Backdraft In Hollywood because I thought it was a awesome ride never rode it. But earthquake I remember water gushing through the tram and you feet were almost in a puddle if I remember correctly!
Real talk, the beginning of the 90's was a time of relative peace and prosperity.

Disaster movies made a comeback strong in the mid 90's since there was really nothing to worry about honestly.

And then 2001

I feel like disaster movies just don't work in the 2010's or 2020's, but knock yourself out JJ Abrams haha

For reference, take a look at Independence Day and then watch War of the Worlds...Additionally, watch Batman and Robin and then watch the Dark Knight...Different times

Reactions: Mad Dog
Real talk, the beginning of the 90's was a time of relative peace and prosperity.

Disaster movies made a comeback strong in the mid 90's since there was really nothing to worry about honestly.

And then 2001

I feel like disaster movies just don't work in the 2010's or 2020's, but knock yourself out JJ Abrams haha

For reference, take a look at Independence Day and then watch War of the Worlds...Additionally, watch Batman and Robin and then watch the Dark Knight...Different times

Actually, a Twister movie in the style of the director's firefighter movie Only the Brave could really work. Slow-moving, sedate, mostly character drama, big sweeping shots of the American Midwestern Landscape, with two or three really big action scenes where they evacuate people from terrifying, up-close Twisters. That probably fits the glum mood of the moment a little better.

Then again, Only the Brave was a box office bomb so I don't think that's what Uni is going for.

Reactions: imagin78

And then 2001

I see I was just confused because with the earthquake movie it has been in development for 8 or 9 years but Universal Bad Robot hasn’t said it’s been canceled but due to the long delay does it mean that this movie is definitely canceled? I know this is about the Twister I will keep on topic. I think Twister will be a good reboot maybe they’ll do a F6 tornado if their is such unless it just goes to a F5 like we saw at the end of the Original.

Underrated director, too. FRAILTY is an excellent thriller, and THE GREATEST GAME EVER PLAYED is a very solid golf movie.

Wish he had directed more films.

Last edited:
Underrated director, too. FRAILTY is an excellent thriller, and THE GREATEST GAME EVER PLAYED is a very sold golf movie.

Wish he had directed more films.
We used to have some Frailty movie shirts in stock, but they're long gone..... What's funny about the movie memorabilia promotional stuff is that the Director's or actors rarely ever get the promotional
junk used to advertise their films and dvd's.
We've given Directors and actors stuff from their past movies and they're really appreciative.

Reactions: belloq87
We used to have some Frailty movie shirts in stock, but they're long gone..... What's funny about the movie memorabilia promotional stuff is that the Director's or actors rarely ever get the promotional
junk used to advertise their films and dvd's.
We've given Directors and actors stuff from their past movies and they're really appreciative.
I’d be interested in seeing what you have. Do you have an online storefront?

I’d be interested in seeing what you have. Do you have an online storefront?
Not anymore, but thanks for your interest. ... I was selling off existing stock since I was trying to close down the company since I'm now trying to be retired (I have various people working for us that contact show vendors and collectors) and then covid hit and sales went through the roof, with people paying ridiculous sums for slow selling stock that hadn't moved for years. Unbelievable how much disposable income is out there right now, since people have nowhere to go. ( Example....We sold six Alien 3 movie promotional T shirts for $ 200 to 500 each to different vendors and collectors....just crazy).

Last edited: