Uncharted (2022) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Uncharted (2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tom did really great acting in his latest Netflix film (name is escaping me), and showed he's got a lot of range. I think Spiderman shows that as he pulls off an American accent quite well, but I think dude just has acting chops. I believe he did theatre growing up as well, he'll be able to act out this role I think very well but all depends on the script, lot to work with here.
Was it The Devil All the Time? That was a great flick.
I like how he looks in Uncharted. It's disappointing the general public can't often see an actor in another role due to it's look and that role. But they are actors, they create the character that is needed (if they are any good).

Very much what I'm worried about. The director is mixed at best, as are the writers, and I really don't know about Mark Wahlberg as Sully.
I mean yes hahaha, writing is most likely NOT gonna be stellar but some actors can make a lot work with a script. Holland also shows great emotion on his sleeves, so I feel he can show the emotion of his character without needing words or hardcore directing.
Was it The Devil All the Time? That was a great flick.
I like how he looks in Uncharted. It's disappointing the general public can't often see an actor in another role due to it's look and that role. But they are actors, they create the character that is needed (if they are any good).
Yes! I admit I watched later at night with some wine... BUT, man Holland was good. Definitely not Peter Parker.

Pattinson is showing how good of an actor he is, as no one refers to him as Edward Cullen anymore, he's made the name for himself. Holland will be the same I think to some extent. Probably always going to be Spiderman, but honestly if he continues the trend he's on with these mid-lower budget streaming films, mid-large budget films w/roles that naturally come with depth, he's going to find a lot of success post Spidey. Holland's got a career infront of him in my eyes and NO ITS NOT JUST BECAUSE HE'S CUTE.

Reactions: Grabnar
Holland's got a career infront of him in my eyes and NO ITS NOT JUST BECAUSE HE'S CUTE.
It helps he doesn't look like Danny DeVito sure lol.
I hope the Uncharted story will, besides all the fun and action, have a real human story behind it. It glimmered trough in part 3 and 4 of the games but I think the movie could push this a bit further.

It helps he doesn't look like Danny DeVito sure lol.
I hope the Uncharted story will, besides all the fun and action, have a real human story behind it. It glimmered trough in part 3 and 4 of the games but I think the movie could push this a bit further.
I think there's a story there for sure to make a very compelling action film, and Holland at the lead helps but yeah pretty much all else about this production worries me. Can't help but see the potential here though

You guys have to remember this is a prequel story too, and with Holland being so young, if this movie is a hit, this could turn into a big franchise on the movie side for Sony and last for quite a long time. They have plenty to go with off the games to make as many movies as they want.

Reactions: alomar
You guys have to remember this is a prequel story too, and with Holland being so young, if this movie is a hit, this could turn into a big franchise on the movie side for Sony and last for quite a long time. They have plenty to go with off the games to make as many movies as they want.
Agreed. I think they just need to get more exciting directors for the next films. I'm not sure I'd be interested in seeing film versions of the game storylines though, especially 4, as that's already the best version of the story both cinematically and narratively.

I never played Uncharted, seems like a generic action movie. It doesn’t look like anything ground breaking but it doesn’t look bad to me based on the trailer, although I felt I saw the entire movie but this is Sony.

Surprised it isn’t a January release, but I bet that’s because of Spider-Man being a late December release.

Tom Holland does it for me looks wise, so I won’t lie I will be in attendance for this most likely. I’m rarely a person like that but, can’t help it here. Plus he’s a really solid actor. His American accent is really impressive.

Reactions: tielo and Grabnar
I never played Uncharted, seems like a generic action movie. It doesn’t look like anything ground breaking but it doesn’t look bad to me based on the trailer, although I felt I saw the entire movie but this is Sony.

Surprised it isn’t a January release, but I bet that’s because of Spider-Man being a late December release.

Tom Holland does it for me looks wise, so I won’t lie I will be in attendance for this most likely. I’m rarely a person like that but, can’t help it here. Plus he’s a really solid actor. His American accent is really impressive.
Tom has me sold as playing a younger Nathan Drake, but Wahlberg pulls me straight out every time I see him. This should have been Bruce Campbell hands down.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
The film will be a 6-7/10

Fine not bad....but if you have played the games written by some of the best writes around then they can't compare.

I have no idea why Naughty Dog seems to be helping out the last of us show but given up on this film

Reactions: Grabnar
It all went down with the ships hanging under helicopters and the swashbuckling. Sure the Uncharted games always had some silliness in the last chapter but this is just pushing it too far for me.

It all went down with the ships hanging under helicopters and the swashbuckling. Sure the Uncharted games always had some silliness in the last chapter but this is just pushing it too far for me.
Seems a bit too much like a recent F&F movie for my tastes. I just don’t think video game narratives are good at being condensed into a 2 hour movie. That’s what gives me hope for Halo and The Last of Us as streaming series’s next year.

The general consensus i've been hearing is if you're a big Uncharted video game fan, then you'll have a lot of problems with this movie and likely come away sour. However, if you're not familiar with the franchise at all, you'll probably enjoy it.

If I had to guess, this movie will take off once it hits Netflix with a ton of people discovering it for the first time. Netflix subscribers love mediocre action movies (see: 6 Underground, Red Notice, and plenty of others).

I think Sony and Playstation will want to make a sequel, but with this movie not likely to do all that well, I think it's possible we see Netflix finance a sequel (Netflix and Sony have shown to have a really good financial relationship) and I would hope that any sequel to this movie addresses the actual fans disappointments while continuing to do what worked in this movie.

$50M+ Holiday weekend is pretty healthy despite the extremely mixed/negative reviews from critics. The difference between critic an audience score is an astonishing 50% with the critic score being 40% on RT and the audience score being an extremely high 90%.

I was comping this to Jungle Cruise going into the weekend, but I think the audience (especially if this is to become a franchise) is more in line with Fast & Furious. Things that happen in the movie are ridiculous and gravity defining, exactly like The Fast Saga. But audiences have shown to enjoy that with that franchise. This is also the first movie to get a Chinese release date of the year (in March) as well.

Given its strong start domestically and strong international numbers, Uncharted 2 is pretty much a guarantee.

Last edited:
Its fine...maybe even a good movie

It just can't hold a candle to the writing of the games. Most people will enjoy it