Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Executive Leadership Changes

My only mild “concern” stems simply from a current lack of knowledge about who will fill the leadership roles, how long that will take, and what impact that might have on the speed of post-EU projects getting developed and built.

I don’t think Universal offered this on Monday and they took it Tuesday. I’m not certain but I imagine this has been in the works for a bit and just now they’re announcing their two weeks.

The impression I'm getting is that it is NOT a negative for either party.

So there's that.

Same.

Creativity should be able to grow. I saw the kids (I'm 57 and retired to I can say that) who where lead on the JW coaster and they did an amazing job. Let them grow.
Perfect example! It also helps to have people working on a project closer to the age of the demographic you're looking to attract. Older people (through no fault of their own) lose touch with the younger generations.

I always thought "I'll never be one of those people who loses touch with what's current", but the older I get the more I understand how and why people do lose touch. We all find things we like and stick to them, but the rest of the world moves on...

I think some people were trying to make parallels with Imagineering’s recent troubles. It’s definitely not the same situation where workers didn’t have confidence in senior leadership and felt the company was going in the wrong direction.

Like others said, this reads like a move to improve profits heading into an uncertain financial period. Boost stocks, reduce payroll, all kinds of stuff stockholders like to see. I don't think they are going to lose anyone they can't afford to lose. Those people aren't offered these deals. They get better deals to stay. Just because we don't know who is replacing these guys don't mean they don't.

“Universal Creative Creative Studio.”

I’m glad to see Universal’s knack for redundant naming includes internal departments as well. :lmao:

Two men with receding hairlines, there is a future for me in theme park management!
I don't know these men but I can't wait what kind of exciting things they are going to bring to the table.