Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Food Thread

Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
There doesn’t appear to be a good and drink thread for the Universal parks and resorts.

I thought this could be a good way to categorise some of the best meals and places to go from our trips along with new food and drink items.

To kick it off:

Last edited:
Best Meals,( though quite expensive)....The Palms at Hardrock Hotel
Best Pizza; Sal's at Portofino
Best, in the theme park, food: Mythos
Best Italian food; Vivo
Best bar food; Small plates at Strongwater Tavern
Best ambiance for a dinner: Mama Della's Ristorante with the strolling Italian singers.
Best, in the theme park food, quick service; Leaky Cauldron

There doesn’t appear to be a good thread for the Universal parks and resorts.

I thought this could be a good way to categorise some of the best meals and places to go from our trips along with new food items.

To kick it off:

FWIW - that is last year’s menu. Of course, there’s the chance it returns this year with no changes, too.

Wow, that Loaded Potato Webb from Finnegan's looks amazing!

My favorite things food wise from Universal:

Pad Thai from Mythos
Soda Bread Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce from Finnegan's
Fishy Green Ale

If you want to start HHN right (or any other time) see if Jan is working at Finn's and ask for liquid marijuana. Nectar of the gods

Accept no substitutes, the other bartenders will make one but it is not the same unless blessed by Jan.

Last edited:
Heard a rumor about a new crêpe place going across from Horror Make Up show. That’s a new menu item Universal currently doesn’t have (as far as I know)

Louie's is always my go-to for a quick bite when we don't feel like heading over to Potter or back to Citywalk. Surprisingly good stuff for what it is.

Haven't eaten at Louie's since all the way back in 2004, but I recall thinking their meatballs were pretty good back then!

I'm not sure I could justify a return when Diagon Alley and Fast Food Boulevard exist in the same park (plus the new crepe place that I'd like to try), but it's good to know it's still a decent quick option to keep in my back pocket.

Haven't eaten at Louie's since all the way back in 2004, but I recall thinking their meatballs were pretty good back then!

I'm not sure I could justify a return when Diagon Alley and Fast Food Boulevard exist in the same park (plus the new crepe place that I'd like to try), but it's good to know it's still a decent quick option to keep in my back pocket.
On that note, I haven't eaten at the Boulevard since it opened. What are people's favorite dishes there?

I've never eaten at Louie's. Quite honestly, it looks like a dive (which I'm sure is part of the NYC charm!). Is it just pepperoni and/or cheese slices sitting on a hot-rack? Can't really go wrong with that. What beers do they serve? I could see grabbing a slice and sitting at those tables across from the Gotham restrooms.

I've never eaten at Louie's. Quite honestly, it looks like a dive (which I'm sure is part of the NYC charm!). Is it just pepperoni and/or cheese slices sitting on a hot-rack? Can't really go wrong with that. What beers do they serve? I could see grabbing a slice and sitting at those tables across from the Gotham restrooms.
That's where I try to sit, assuming my party is small enough!
Here's the menu including beers, though I always just get a slice or split pies between people. Universal Orlando
So no clue about the rest of the options. It's not great but it's a decent option as a backup or when you're feeling lazy and just need some fuel.

Big fan of the table-side guac and the margaritas at Antojitos! :love:
Antojitos is at the top of my list of places to try. My oldest daughter went there and all she could talk about was the guac.
The pizza at Louie’s is so good it doesn’t even make sense
I think it's quite good for actual theme park pizza. Nothing will beat Sal's in my opinion and I'm not really a pizza fan.

I love the Harry Potter + Simpsons quick-services so much.

I’ve got to give a shout-out to Circus McGurkus. It’s a big tent and there’s a ride that goes through it! That place has always fascinated me and is one of my favorite Old Universal quick services