Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Food Thread

Not sure this is the right thread, but I’ll ask anyways.

Aunt is (surprisingly) going next week. She’s a big wine drinker, does anyone know what brand and types of wine, specifically white wines, they sell inside IOA and USF? They aren’t going to Volcano Bay.

figured I’d try and ask! She asked me and I was unsure.

Not sure this is the right thread, but I’ll ask anyways.

Aunt is (surprisingly) going next week. She’s a big wine drinker, does anyone know what brand and types of wine, specifically white wines, they sell inside IOA and USF? They aren’t going to Volcano Bay.

figured I’d try and ask! She asked me and I was unsure.
I suggest the Tarima White Blend at Mythos and Fire Road Sauvignon Blanc at Confiscos

I'm unsure about quick service locations

Do they still make Pad Thai from mythos there? I love it so much. Tbh, when I went to Universal for the first time, I've gained some weight, lol. I even had to buy smart scales here https://www.vont.com/product/smart-scale-bathroom-scale-weight-scale/ that would tell me regularly that I’ma fat ass, lol. Anyway, that food is really worth it. It’s super delicious. I guess if I go to Universal next time, I should do morning runs a month in advance. Anyway, guys, keep the thread updated. Thanks for sharing your favs

Last edited:
Tried La Bamba's new menu, very very good. I love Mexican food, and the queso was arguably the best I've ever had. The burrito was just ok. The service is great, I hope the setup is utilized at the other quick service locations.

Definitely in a test and adjust period at the moment. Was very quiet on a busy Presidents' Day with a handful of tables occupied during the lunch rush. They still have the area roped off with a VIP Experience sign outside that either was left intentionally out to prevent a rush of crowds or... Universal's lack of communication between departments strikes again.

Tried La Bamba's new menu, very very good. I love Mexican food, and the queso was arguably the best I've ever had. The burrito was just ok. The service is great, I hope the setup is utilized at the other quick service locations.

Definitely in a test and adjust period at the moment. Was very quiet on a busy Presidents' Day with a handful of tables occupied during the lunch rush. They still have the area roped off with a VIP Experience sign outside that either was left intentionally out to prevent a rush of crowds or... Universal's lack of communication between departments strikes again.
I'm very excited to try this out - the menu is right up my alley.

What’s the current status update on places like Mythos, Finnegans, Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldron, Lombards? I know last few years restaurant workers have been forcing places to struggle, but I may be planning a trip soon and am curious if the quality is still there for these places and how far in advance reservations are recommended for places that take them.

Same goes for Vivo and Toothsome at Citywalk. Thanks I’m advance!

What’s the current status update on places like Mythos, Finnegans, Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldron, Lombards? I know last few years restaurant workers have been forcing places to struggle, but I may be planning a trip soon and am curious if the quality is still there for these places and how far in advance reservations are recommended for places that take them.

Same goes for Vivo and Toothsome at Citywalk. Thanks I’m advance!
I can't comment on all of them, but we went in September and Vivo is just as good as it's ever been. I think I made Vivo reservations a month or so out.

We did Leaky Cauldron for breakfast and it was still solid!

Just a minor posting.....Universal AP group is sharing a story that 'Cathy's Ice Cream Stand' is now open at Toon Lagoon. Lots of people in line. In all my trips to Universal,
I didn't even know this existed, let alone it being open. :lol: I recall the large Cathy cut out, but never realized it housed a working ice cream stand.....I know Wimpy's is an on again/off again stand,
but Cathy's is a hidden surprise to me. ....Anyone here ever get an ice cream there?

Just a minor posting.....Universal AP group is sharing a story that 'Cathy's Ice Cream Stand' is now open at Toon Lagoon. Lots of people in line. In all my trips to Universal,
I didn't even know this existed, let alone it being open. :lol: I recall the large Cathy cut out, but never realized it housed a working ice cream stand.....I know Wimpy's is an on again/off again stand,
but Cathy's is a hidden surprise to me. ....Anyone here ever get an ice cream there?
I never got anything there, but I feel like I have definitely seen it open at some point!

I want to try Wimpy's so badly lol

Cathy's Ice Cream has been open pretty much everytime I've gone to IOA since the beginning of this year which is crazy because before that I very rarely saw it open.