Universal Great Britain | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Labour are investing money in HS2 and Great British Energy. Both of which will cost hundreds of billions. So theirs no chance they will invest in this as well.

Not true.

Any government will invest where they think they’ll get a decent return. HS2 was the previous government’s white elephant too.

Reactions: Mike2024
Not true.

Any government will invest where they think they’ll get a decent return. HS2 was the previous government’s white elephant too.
I thought they'd cancelled HS2, and sold off the land? I haven't been following the news though. I just remember the fallout when they cancelled the northern routes, a few months ago.

HS2 cost so much because of the ridiculous amounts of tunnels that are being constructed to please nimbys.

This project wouldn’t cost the government anywhere near as much. With much lower risk.

Reactions: Mike2024
HS2 cost so much because of the ridiculous amounts of tunnels that are being constructed to please nimbys.

This project wouldn’t cost the government anywhere near as much. With much lower risk.

Ask yourself this. Would a labour government support new housing or a theme park?

Ask yourself this. Would a labour government support new housing or a theme park?
Without turning it political, or expressing a bias, this Labour Party's pretty unorthodox. They've made a song and dance about being pro-business. So I couldn't say for sure. Time will tell.

I think this is a disingenuous over simplification of the issue. The money to fund infrastructure improvements and houses (Which are largely privately built) come from separate budgets as I think you know

Try not to get pulled into anything Doug says. One minute he claims it 100% isn't happening because cars are being banned, and then the next he states it's happening but it's going to be based on movies that don't exist yet.