Universal Great Britain | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great spot!!

They seem pretty rapid those buggies, that’s at the top of the north parcel in your photo I think.
It is indeed. The track goes into the wooded area and there is a metal gate out onto the road, I saw the three buggies drive into the wooded area, and the next time I passed they were parked up and empty by the metal gate. Intriguing.

New video from USGBU just dropped -

Just watched, was basically a close-up view of the trenches. Looks like the 'hole' in one of the deeper bits is a borehole for a geological survey. Also no signs of anything archaeologically significant.

Last edited:
Just curious, as if it was the Production Services logo the team on-site had probably borrowed some kit from a nearby Universal division so they can get around the site more easily. But if it's a Destinations and Experiences logo it suggests something rather more permanent than borrowing some stuff from a nearby part of the company.

IMG_1515.jpegIMG_1516.jpegIMG_1517.jpegIMG_1518.jpegIMG_1519.jpegIMG_1521.jpegIMG_1522.jpegIMG_1524.jpegIMG_1527.jpegIMG_1529.jpeg

The dark tarmac type area has definitely got bigger when I compare it to a photo I was sent back in March from someone else.

Also it looked like a zebra crossing or part of a road had been dug up and dumped in a pile. I turned over one bit and think it’s a cats eye or something. Added the photo lol.

Kawasaki’s were 73 plates, so maybe 6-8months old max. Not sure if that helps?

Archaeology surveys almost finished? | #UniversalStudiosGB #UniversalStudiosGB

A car arrived right at the very end of the video and someone actually got out... You could've investigated where they went if you'd caught it in time.

*edit* Over on towerstreet the big talk is the LOTR IP as the marquee land. I think more than anything having LOTR would be bigger than having or not having Potter. Just diving into the possibilities has me giddy like a little kid, you can make some utterly amazing places with the LOTR IP - Moria and Rivendell would have a wow factor that is off the charts.

As the images Steeb made earlier showed, LOTR would be some next level theming if they nail it. You also have the benefit of it being a one of a kind area (until Universal put it in the other parks) with a cultural pull that will make headlines worldwide.

I can see why they held off on putting it in the American Parks first. This is the sort of IP that a new park in a new market would need to truly put itself above the other competition and it being the first of it's kind is a huge factor. Then when you have established yourself you can go and put it in other parks that aren't requiring such a unique marquee IP.

Last edited:

Well then
Excellent news, will look forward to that. As I said earlier, New Line Cinema heading back to Middle-Earth, with the support of the new Tolkien rights holder, Embracer. Theme park rights to be encouraged next…?

Very positive news about the CPRE, never a bad thing to have environmental leaning bodies on-board even if they have no regulatory power. Also seems Universal will be releasing news about the public consultation sometime soon.

Reactions: pbin and yepthatguy
Very positive news about the CPRE, never a bad thing to have environmental leaning bodies on-board even if they have no regulatory power.
Definitely true. CPRE might not have regulatory powers but their general approval of Universal's project at Bedford does give extra political cover to the government of the day if they wish to give direct approval to Universal to proceed with the project. Any objection to this on environmental grounds would quickly elicit the response from the government along the lines of "well, the Council for the Protection of Rural England have welcomed these plans, so the government is confident that all environmental concerns will be fully address by Universal Studios".