Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think you can use orlando pricing. It's going to depend on the market. You put Orlando parks at orlando prices in a lot of the country and they crash.
That’s why I asked what do you guys think is adequate pricing ?

I can see them doing what Legoland does. offer hotel packages and park tickets. I just did 3 days, 2 nights at Legoland fla with 3 kids and myself. It was 1,200.00 and well worth it. This is my second year doing this in a row. I have yet to take these same kids to universal because they like playing more than riding and I feel this park is perfect but I can see how a mid 20 year old with no kids could see how it's a waste.

I am tuned into the Frisco city council meeting to listen through some of the citizen input tonight, all focused on this project so far. The mayor said they are in process of scheduling another townhall with Universal management/execs to be able to provide a Q&A related to the project -- specifically including "what it is and what it isn't." Date isn't confirmed but they are looking at either Jan 30/31, ahead of the P&Z meeting to hear the request for their specific use permit on Feb 7.

The mayor is sticking to the story that the commitment from Universal to Frisco is the park is for the younger population. Also mentioned there will be height restrictions designated in their use permits to prevent any type of "bait and switch" tactics that the city and citizens are afraid of -- referencing the fear of "lets start small and then bring the big roller coasters in"

Last edited:
Also mentioned there will be height restrictions designated in their use permits to prevent any type of "bait and switch" tactics that the city and citizens are afraid of -- referencing the fear of "lets start small and then bring the big roller coasters in"
That's funny, because my theory was they were going to start really small, and then bring the kiddie coasters in.

Thankfully coasters don't have to have giant lift hills anymore to be somewhat exciting and enjoyable......but yeah, I don't think that the residents of Frisco need to worry about 200 foot tall coasters or drop towers.

Again, Legoland California. 20 years on, they have a Wild Maus, Vekoma Junior, and Gerstlauer Junior. Any coaster will probably be a modern variation with comparable thrills, possibly a Zamperla given their prevelance in the rest of the park.

Well, legoland is building this so. . .
316087183_565654772235240_1712767317283613205_n.jpg

i'll settle for one of these as well lol.

I wonder if this park will get some of the smaller rides that the other major parks have? I feel like this is the kind of park that could get Minion Mayhem/Super Silly Funland.

Also what are the chances they have a Shooting ride like the new Villains con ride? That would be really a good little ride for the park and hope they can bring in a mouse coaster, those are fun and small

Also what are the chances they have a Shooting ride like the new Villains con ride? That would be really a good little ride for the park and hope they can bring in a mouse coaster, those are fun and small
Even something like that is probably thinking too advanced for a park like this, although that would be the most cost effective way to get a small shooter into that park. But the park isn't likely to focus on dark rides in any capacity. I expect off the shelf everything themed to Universal IP.

Even something like that is probably thinking too advanced for a park like this, although that would be the most cost effective way to get a small shooter into that park. But the park isn't likely to focus on dark rides in any capacity. I expect off the shelf everything themed to Universal IP.
Fair
But space wise it would make a lot of sense...but maybe that will come in later years.

Honestly if the area's are cute, it has a water show/parade and the lines aren't that bad. I think I'll enjoy it when I go there after it opens

Fair
But space wise it would make a lot of sense...but maybe that will come in later years.

Honestly if the area's are cute, it has a water show/parade and the lines aren't that bad. I think I'll enjoy it when I go there after it opens

Remember, it's not just the purchase and construction price they need to consider but staffing and maintenance, too.

So like.. are we all still planning a visit to this at some point because it's "Universal"? Or is it too kiddie?

Never been to a Legoland either for that reason...

So like.. are we all still planning a visit to this at some point because it's "Universal"? Or is it too kiddie?

If you don't have kinds in the target age group there is no reason to visit.
I think it's very smart of Comcast to invest in this endeavor as it will make their theme park division much stronger and there is a huge market for it, but I'm not part of that market.

Ohhh I am

it’s a universal theme park in Texas. As long as the theming is good abs has some cool shows/parade to makeup for no big E tickets

also if they do heave a How to train your dragon area and Shrek area then I want to see those in person

Reactions: TheCodeMan95