Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Woah. I feel like we just heard public rumblings a few months ago. I can’t believe it’s announced and already dropped concept art.

Really don't want to be here for the hissy fit if Secret Life of Pets gets announced for Texas and not Florida.
Unfortunately, its a business strategy to have small exclusives. They want you to travel to this park, they already have things to make people to travel to their other parks plus while SLOP would be great for that park they will give that park something else at the same level as SLOP I'm sure. While SLOP is a great fun ride, their are many IP's that are even more exciting that can use the same system

Rn, I'm going to just say they showed those IP for demonstration purposes. I feel like it'll be all DreamWorks because it'll be easier to market. If you make it a combo of Illumination and DreamWorks, you'll have to call the park something something Universal (or they could just not use Universal branding at all and just use a generic name, but I don't think that's going to happen). I dont think they should use the Universal branding, as separate branding will make sure people know this is its own separate thing.

It'd be really weird not to have Universal in the title for this park, but the concept art doesn't have an entrance globe, so who knows...

This could be an interesting way to build brand identity for younger kids. Get them into Universal regionally, then they want to go to the Hollywood/Orlando parks when they’re older.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Not to add to the chaos of today but there is a permit in here labeled as Illumination Studios Paris, with he specific service listed as “amusement park attraction and theme park services; live stage performances, namely, presentation of live show performances; providing waterpark services; providing recreational areas for entertainment and amusement”

mini-parks are the new thing aren't they?

Looking at the concept art, I appreciate that Universal finally figured out that children running around their lands should have lots of shade.

Not to add to the chaos of today but there is a permit in here labeled as Illumination Studios Paris, with he specific service listed as “amusement park attraction and theme park services; live stage performances, namely, presentation of live show performances; providing waterpark services; providing recreational areas for entertainment and amusement”

mini-parks are the new thing aren't they?

A Illumination park would be pretty surprising since their only big franchise is the minions/despicable me. Though maybe it'll included a super Nintendo world since their making the Mario movie lol

Rough area of the plot of land in Frisco:
View attachment 18127

And in relation to the Dallas-Fort Worth area (the red squiggly dot near the top of the photo):

View attachment 18129
Its about 30 mins with tolls and and hour without from the Dallas Airport.

Honestly a pretty good location in Texas for this.

I have family in Texas so for sure will be out there near the first year of this opening

This feels like an aggressive move from Comcast on a business front. Between them expanding in a major way in Orlando, Hollywood, to now expanding on regional offerings…

Comcast is going for the jugular in the theme park business across the board. I see no other way to look at this, and I love it!

Last edited:
Its about 30 mins with tolls and and hour without from the Dallas Airport.

Honestly a pretty good location in Texas for this.

I have family in Texas so for sure will be out there near the first year of this opening
man north tollway is going be a nightmare with that location wish they could of fit it in a little father south

I’m not thinking there will be a hotel built as part of this. Six Flags doesn’t build hotels for their parks. This is meant to attract everyone in the DFW region.

• Haha
Reactions: jarmor