Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Legacy Store

I just saw an unconfirmed report that my dream has come true and the Horror Makeup Show Telepods have shown up in the retro store!

Has anyone heard the same?
I'm really interested in what happens to this space post new store opening

Rumors here have point to a new food location, but we'll see

I'm also very interested in confiscating several of the IOA models in the store.

I'm really interested in what happens to this space post new store opening

Rumors here have point to a new food location, but we'll see

I hope it at least hangs around until November. I would very much like to get a photo with the Telepods (I'm a big fan of both THE FLY and the original USF Horror Makeup Show), and the last time they were displayed (in what is now the Bourne exit shop), it was between trips for me and they'd been removed by the time I got back there again!

I've also heard that apparently the shop is installing some kind of video presentation of old attraction preshow films (!), but I've yet to see specifics of what this might entail.

Think this will be two stores: The Universal Studios Store and the Universal Orlando Parks Store? I get the vibe any replacements that involve major construction won't happen for a year or two, at least.
It seems kind of crazy that CityWalk would leave one of their biggest, most prominent retail locations empty that long. I would hope for some pop-ups for something in the mean time.

I hope it at least hangs around until November. I would very much like to get a photo with the Telepods (I'm a big fan of both THE FLY and the original USF Horror Makeup Show), and the last time they were displayed (in what is now the Bourne exit shop), it was between trips for me and they'd been removed by the time I got back there again!

I've also heard that apparently the shop is installing some kind of video presentation of old attraction preshow films (!), but I've yet to see specifics of what this might entail.
I agree, Universal acknowledging its park history is such a new thing to me, I'm savoring every moment of it being around

It really seems to me that they are setting the place up as a Universal Parks Tribute Store/EU Preview Ctr. I mean a model of EU would be thematically consistant in a store decorated with IOA models. Kind of a Universal Parks Past, Present, and Future store.

Sell past attraction merchandise like Kongfrontation, BttF, Earthquake/Disaster!, Dueling Dragons, Jaws, Hitchcock, etc. Current attraction merch like Skull Island, Velocicoaster, and RotM. Along with EU attraction merch like Bowser's Challenge/ Yoshi's Adventure, and some of the other EU headliners.

They should also work on some "Collectibles". A working Caro-Seuss-Sel music box, a resin IOA Lighthouse, ride vehicle replicas, etc.

Last edited:
So are we to expect a lot of retro merch in this Legacy store? I haven't paid a ton of attention to this project.

Looks like my article is already outdated. :lol: