Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying, when you look at Nintendo's properties, the rides are obvious. They stare you right in the face. Everyone dreams of a real Mario Kart race, a Donkey Kong mine cart coaster, a Pokemon safari, etc. There aren't *obvious* rides that jump out at you when it comes to Lord of the Rings. There are things that you could probably make work. But there's nothing in the fiction that make people think "I've always dreamed of that ride!"

I literally never said LOTR doesn't fit for a theme park.
I was trying to paraphrase, not direct quote. But if you feel that LOTR fits great for a theme park, then I apologize for misinterpreting and then paraphrasing it incorrectly.

Eh, because 'Epic' is a stupid, trendy name. So much so that we've been making fun of it/it's become a meme on this forum for a good part of a year now.
But now that it could potentially be the name, we're supposed to pretend like it hasn't been a joke/meme? Ok.

I feel like the word "Epic" has been used to emphasize something big and exotic as long as I can remember... an Epic Adventure, an Epic Jouney, or like an Epic groundbreaking television series or movie... Just because people starting making Epic Fail compilations doesn't mean this is some kind of urban dictionary made up slang like "Bodacious" or "Lit" ... Epic has been used to describe marvelous things forever... it's not new and trendy. /rant

I feel like the word "Epic" has been used to emphasize something big and exotic as long as I can remember... an Epic Adventure, an Epic Jouney, or like an Epic groundbreaking television series or movie... Just because people starting making Epic Fail compilations doesn't mean this is some kind of urban dictionary made up slang like "Bodacious" or "Lit" ... Epic has been used to describe marvelous things forever... it's not new and trendy. /rant
I agree with you. Epic isn't used as much as it used to be and gives more of and adventurous and broad tone. Tbh I could see it either Fantastic Worlds or Epic Worlds coming as long as it's not Epic Universe so I can point and laugh at TPU.

I feel like the word "Epic" has been used to emphasize something big and exotic as long as I can remember... an Epic Adventure, an Epic Jouney, or like an Epic groundbreaking television series or movie... Just because people starting making Epic Fail compilations doesn't mean this is some kind of urban dictionary made up slang like "Bodacious" or "Lit"
Agreed on all accounts. Although, wouldn't you agree that making everything "Epic" in recent years could diminish the impact of the word?

Again, it was a meme on this forum for a solid year. Why would that be if it weren't viewed negatively or in a joking manner?

Maybe they should've went with Prodigious Worlds. ;)

Reactions: jrn14
Agreed on all accounts. Although, wouldn't you agree that making everything "Epic" in recent years could diminish the impact of the word?

Again, it was a meme on this forum for a solid year. Why would that be if it weren't viewed negatively or in a joking manner?

Maybe they should've went with Prodigious Worlds. ;)

Fair enough... I can only speak for myself I was never that down on Epic to begin with though I know it was a "meme" here

Though I feel like "epic" has had a bit of an uptick in popularity over the last 5-8 years I really feel like that has been dissipating lately and it will lose that "trendy" tag... Ala "Awesome"

Reactions: Andysol
I can see them having epic universe as their tag line for the expansion. Something along the lines of “4 parks, one EPIC universe” I just think universe is too easy to be confused with universal as a whole but is a good play on words for a tagline or marketing campaign.

Any idea where universal would shoe in a preview center in the parks. Maybe retrofit one of the sound stages?
A while back, someone (I think Alicia?) suggested the passholder lounge since they said it would only be temporary, but it seems like they're keeping the lounge for a while now.

Reactions: Alicia
Any idea where universal would shoe in a preview center in the parks. Maybe retrofit one of the sound stages?

A preview center would make sense since they did it before for Islands Of Adventure. If i had to choose where it would go, I'd place it in one of the MIB tents after HHN 29. Once the next Horror Nights comes around, move it to Islands of Adventure.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Putting it in MCO would generate tons of traffic that’s for sure. I love preview centers too bad universal is so shy about announcing projects.

Universal: Let's barely give details on Hagrid until we're four months away from opening!

Also Universal: Let's tell everyone we're building a new theme park four years before it opens!
Joking, of course. I'm happy they're announcing something for a change.

Reactions: RFRees
Universal: Let's barely give details on Hagrid until we're four months away from opening!

Let's wait until we get approval from third party license holders (who always drag their feet)!

Also Universal: Let's tell everyone we're building a new theme park four years before it opens!

We don't need to wait to share our proprietary information!

Reactions: Coasted and Grabnar
Status
Not open for further replies.