Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL-- From Defunctland:

67557189_2635478213129860_2312960122210484224_n.jpg

If they do a preview center it should be in city walk so the public can see without purchasing a ticket to the theme parks

Reactions: therock
I feel like the design for the hub is going to have some cool compass logo and the ground will look like an actual compass (and look really dope from above) and it will navigate you to your world. Idk. My brain is so over speculating at this point

Reactions: Magic-Man
I feel like the design for the hub is going to have some cool compass logo and the ground will look like an actual compass (and look really dope from above) and it will navigate you to your world. Idk. My brain is so over speculating at this point
That was one of my first thoughts looking at the teaser image. It looks like it could be a top down view of a compass themed water fountain or something. The outer part looks like a hand rail.

That’s probably not the case, but just one of the first things that came to mind to me.

We'll see where LOTR is in 10 years. :)

I'd rather Universal add to their existing "worlds" in Epic/Fantastic Worlds rather than adding another IP. Something like Luigi's Mansion in 2026.

If I were Universal, I'd start nailing down some IPs we could use long term which have lasting name recognition (something which will be around for decades), while building upon the existing IPs at the current parks.

In a better place than HTTYD

Universal: Let's barely give details on Hagrid until we're four months away from opening!

Also Universal: Let's tell everyone we're building a new theme park four years before it opens!
Joking, of course. I'm happy they're announcing something for a change.

Disney: Announce Dwarf Hill, and spend over 3 years building a small kids coaster.

That was one of my first thoughts looking at the teaser image. It looks like it could be a top down view of a compass themed water fountain or something. The outer part looks like a hand rail.

That’s probably not the case, but just one of the first things that came to mind to me.

Actually, this seems like a good opportunity to talk about the park's icon because, by replicating MK's hub & spoke design, that raises a lot of questions.

Honestly, i think the most interesting question to ask is less "what will the icon be" and more, "where will it be placed"? With every Universal park so far, the icon has been at the entrance. However, if it's gonna copy Disney's original design, it's gonna need it's version of Cinderella Castle.

Could this be the first time Universal creates an icon in the center of it's park?

Actually, this seems like a good opportunity to talk about the park's icon because, by replicating MK's hub & spoke design, that raises a lot of questions.

Honestly, i think the most interesting question to ask is less "what will the icon be" and more, "where will it be placed"? With every Universal park so far, the icon has been at the entrance. However, if it's gonna copy Disney's original design, it's gonna need it's version of Cinderella Castle.

Could this be the first time Universal creates an icon in the center of it's park?
It won’t be exactly like Magic Kingdom. There will be an icon kinda farther back than Cinderella Castle, and instead of Fantasyland, they’ll be a hotel behind it.

It’s looking like the lands will have entrances along the way to the hub/icon, rather than all at the hub.

Just chiming in here to say that "Universal's Epic Universe" (whether designating the park or the entire resort as a whole) is an almost unforgivably redundant and awkward phrase. "Epic Worlds" would be better, but "Fantastic Worlds" just seems to evoke something much more grand and exciting.

It’s looking like the lands will have entrances along the way to the hub/icon, rather than all at the hub.

So what will be drawing guests to the hub/icon if you don't need to go there (at least initially) to access the lands?

Status
Not open for further replies.