Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices

Thanks Universal now Disney raised prices an just waiting for more parks to do the same. :'(

Universal raised prices AGAIN. A second time in a week. Now they too are $89 a day.

So much for Disney acting childish... This perception thing is that valuable? "I have dreamed of visiting the WW for three years, but now that Universal is a dollar cheaper than Disney we have cancelled our plans". Is is even possible this would happen? Really???

More information on the second price hike (from the Orlando Sentinel):

Universal Orlando this week tacked an extra $1 on to the price of a one-day, one-park ticket — matching the $89 base price set last week by Walt Disney World.

Disney's price increase had come barely a week after Universal lifted its one-day, one-park price to $88.

The two resorts had both been charging $85 for their base tickets before the new round of one-upmanship began.

"We keep pace with the market," Universal spokesman Tom Schroder said Thursday. Universal said it would keep its base price at $88 for tickets sold online.

Although it may seem a trifling amount on the surface, the additional dollar could be worth several million dollars a year in revenue for Universal, whose two theme parks drew a combined 13.7 million visitors in 2011.

I didn't think they would raise ticket prices again by $1 because it would just sound so ridiculous... but they did it.

Now Universal, get to work on why 2013 should be the year to be there too (and pay, most likely, $94 for a ticket).

Well if Disney wants to bite back first now they will have to take it to 90 dollars, which in perception looks a lot worse to people than 89. It is just the way brains function. And I am sure Universal wants them to do that as they remain at 89 dollars.

But in reality it is all more of "If they can get away with it..so can we"

People can call it childish all they want. This move is freaking exciting from my point of view. Shows that Comcast and Uni aren't complacent and fine with being little brother. They want to punch Disney in the mouth. That is a good thing.

People can call it childish all they want. This move is freaking exciting from my point of view. Shows that Comcast and Uni aren't complacent and fine with being little brother. They want to punch Disney in the mouth. That is a good thing.
well I have the AP so it's not bothering me to much but I think it's a little pricy for one park.

I'm not concerned either, and as Junglesjip said, this is a really good sign. In the past few years, I've begun to really trust Uni with their recent decisions. Just as long as they make the price worth it, they should be fine. Hell, look at the Magic Kingdom.

Oh, of course it's a little pricey for one park.

But as I said after the first round of increases, anyone who knows what they're doing is A) Not going to buy one day tickets and B) Are going to by tickets online when they're cheaper. The only people getting caught by these prices are the spur of the moment day trippers, and Disney/Universal want to get all they can from those people. I can't blame them for that.

I just think its great that these two companies are engaging in school yard antics. Makes for something interesting and fun to watch. Who is going to slap who down the most? Universal just got the last shot in and has delivered more blows to Disney the last two years.

Say what you will Uni is thanking Disney for the extra cash.

Because they can charge more they do and they are both greedy, it is my opinion and no one will change that.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to bother anyone hahaha

hjhjhj3.jpg

hjhjhj2.jpg

Scared for when parking goes up to $17.

hah yeah but if you have the AP it's not a big deal :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

If for some reason they do up parking down the road it's going to suck around HHN time unless they have some deal with the FFP this year.