Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am honestly bothered a thousand times more by the parking rates than the ticket prices :lol:

I remember when it used to be 10...since I have the AP it's free parking but when HHN rolls around it's pricy unless it's after 8. I'll probally just get to the parks early

Let's analyze:

I will say it again, I will never be in favor of price increases.

Well duh, no consumer ever is. Universal spent a good amount of money on a new nighttime show, a new attraction, the demolition of an attraction and area, a reworking of an attraction, etc. How do you expect them to pay for it while keeping profits steady? If they don't keep profits steady, stocks go down, and you'd see the resort suffer.

Interesting. Hmmm. How long before the complaints that Universal is greedy and it is pathetic how greedy they are in this economy?

See my above statement. They're not greedy, they're a completely logical business.

I do like that they're keeping their AP's and FL Residents happy. Bravo, Universal. I'm happy they're realizing that they're more of a local park than Disney is and need to keep the locals happy or they'll see their profits suffer.

Well duh, no consumer ever is. Universal spent a good amount of money on a new nighttime show, a new attraction, the demolition of an attraction and area, a reworking of an attraction, etc. How do you expect them to pay for it while keeping profits steady? If they don't keep profits steady, stocks go down, and you'd see the resort suffer.

I agree and disagree. I think they can justify it simply in the sense of, we have the arsenal, you guys like our arsenal, you're going to pay it anyways. But they're already in the Black. They're fine, Harry Potter is the reason why they're in the black, and being in the black is why we're getting all these new additions. Product increases are completely necessary, and I don't really mind it too much. I just think that it's for no other reason than that they know consumers will pay those prices.

I sure love my annual pass in these situations.

Same here. But beside that, I truly appreciate that they honor the locals. Not even Disney does this anymore, which is one of the main reasons that my trips to WDW are far fewer than my trips to Uni, where I can afford to hold an AP.

I agree and disagree. I think they can justify it simply in the sense of, we have the arsenal, you guys like our arsenal, you're going to pay it anyways. But they're already in the Black. They're fine, Harry Potter is the reason why they're in the black, and being in the black is why we're getting all these new additions. Product increases are completely necessary, and I don't really mind it too much. I just think that it's for no other reason than that they know consumers will pay those prices.

Agreed. And it really doesn't make me a happy camper.

Agreed. And it really doesn't make me a happy camper.

It's part of Capitalism. If you're on top of the market and you have a great product people will pay. Apple has used this model, Disney Park division does as well, Starbuck's, etc. There might be competitors who will offer a similar experience or product to the consumers for cheaper (think Sea World in this scenario) but it's not the top of the line.

Yeah, but stocks are all percentage growth, not necessarily just staying in the black.

Yeah, but stocks are all percentage growth, not necessarily just staying in the black.

I can agree with that. I'm intrigued about how stock holders are going to react to a lot of Universal's films so far this year. 5 Year Engagement hasn't made nearly as much as expected, Battleship was a short coming despite being profitable. Lorax knocked it out of the park, and American Reunion put up a good amount of money. I think Snow White and Bourne Legacy are going to need to make some major money.

Now that me and Ryan have analyzed Universal's stocks. Ticket prices. :lol:

I can agree with that. I'm intrigued about how stock holders are going to react to a lot of Universal's films so far this year. 5 Year Engagement hasn't made nearly as much as expected, Battleship was a short coming despite being profitable. Lorax knocked it out of the park, and American Reunion put up a good amount of money. I think Snow White and Bourne Legacy are going to need to make some major money.

It's still all about percentage profit on all aspects of the business, but sure. :lol:

I'm ok with ticket increases for reasons stated above. I'm fortunate enough to not have to worry about them, but I understand concerns and frustrations with such raises.

It's part of Capitalism. If you're on top of the market and you have a great product people will pay. Apple has used this model, Disney Park division does as well, Starbuck's, etc. There might be competitors who will offer a similar experience or product to the consumers for cheaper (think Sea World in this scenario) but it's not the top of the line.

I get why they did it, but with the economy the way it is, I don't find myself skipping for joy over this particular aspect of capitalism.

Universal will probably do gangbusters with both Bourne Legacy and Snow White and the Huntsman, as well as Les Misérables...

[video=youtube;EnLSG5t_dc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnLSG5t_dc8[/video]

I get why they did it, but with the economy the way it is, I don't find myself skipping for joy over this particular aspect of capitalism.

I think if they genuinely thought it would affect their attendance they wouldn't have done it. People will still vacation and if you've put aside 3 or 4k for a vacation the extra couple $$ you might spend seems minimal.