Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Increases Ticket Prices

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's a great idea, but not really an option since we're using a timeshare week. But if we can't do everythingggggggg, it's okay. Two days should be plenty, it's just finding the right price.

honestly if you get a slow day you can do USF in a half of a day which gives you the rest of the time for IOA

It's happened again...

From Orlando Sentinel

Universal Orlando raises most ticket prices

Harry Potter has elevated Universal Orlando to yet another new height: The most expensive theme park in the land.

Universal has raised the price of an adult one-day, one-park ticket to $88 — $3 more than the equivalent ticket to Walt Disney World theme parks. It's also $1 more than the basic price to a theme park at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif.

The 3.5 percent increase was part of a series of price increases the resort enacted last week, as Universal continues to ride momentum generated by the $265 million Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which opened two years ago in its Islands of Adventure theme park.

"Our pricing reflects the high-quality entertainment experience we offer, while still providing great value," Universal spokesman Tom Schroder said Monday.

Orlando's theme-park resorts historically have raised prices almost in lock step with one another. But Universal had in recent years typically not acted until its larger rival, Disney World, moved first. When Universal raised its base price to $85 last year, it did so only about a week after Disney went to $85.

Most of Universal's other ticket prices also rose last week. The price of a one-day, two-park ticket — allowing access to both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida — also jumped $3, from $120 to $123.

Multiday passes rose by slightly smaller margins: A two-day, single-park pass, for instance, climbed from $135.99 to $139.99, an increase of 2.9 percent.

The price of a two-day, two-park pass rose from $155.99 to $159.99, up 2.6 percent. A three-day, two-park pass inched up from $170.99 to $172.99, up 1.2 percent. And a four-day, two-park pass climbed from $175.99 to $179.99, up 2.3 percent.

The price of Universal's most expensive ticket option — a pass offering unlimited admission to its parks, including the Wet 'n Wild water park, over 14 days — rose from $194.99 to $199.99, up 2.6 percent.

The prices of three- and four-day single-park passes remain unchanged — at $155.99 to $165.99 — suggesting that interest in those ticket options hasn't been as strong as others.

All prices reflect base gate prices, though various discounts are available. For instance, all tickets — excluding single-day passes — are $20 cheaper when purchased online. Discounts are also available for Florida residents and children.

Universal also opted — for at least the second year in a row — to leave unchanged the prices of Florida resident tickets when purchased online.

"Our multi-day tickets are popular, and we always work to provide value where our guests want it most," Schroder said. "That's why our Florida-resident online pricing and three-day and four-day base ticket pricing remains unchanged."

Bought my pass already Uni so na na na...

In all honesty this increase isn't all that terrible considering all of the Resort wide upgrades that have been occurring..I do think it is making them seem a bit expensive, but I'm not a financial guy really

your move Dis..

I was waiting for that..next will be parking. I now see in the future other parks increasing prices
glad I have the Annual pass lol

To be honest, one day ticket prices shouldn't be paid for anyway. If you're not going for 2+ days, you're doing it wrong.

And if you're a local without an AP, you're really doing it wrong.

And in all fairness, if you think this is bad in California Disney raised some of it's Annual Passes by up to 30%.

http://consumerist.com/2012/05/disneyland-hikes-ticket-prices-as-much-as-30.html

Yeah, I don't think this is such a big deal after that Disneyland ticket hike fiasco, but they have to pay for Cars Land somehow. :lol: I'm actually glad to see Universal not playing Follow the Leader for once and it's not like they're not adding more value to the parks as well.

I am honestly bothered a thousand times more by the parking rates than the ticket prices :lol:

I cut USF a bit of slack on the prices... those garages are expensive to maintain. Disney... they just plow the forest and asphalt it. Most airport tourists never incur the parking fees. And parking across Kirkman is a cinch if you want to save $15.

I cut USF a bit of slack on the prices... those garages are expensive to maintain. Disney... they just plow the forest and asphalt it. Most airport tourists never incur the parking fees. And parking across Kirkman is a cinch if you want to save $15.

And at Disney you can just park at DTD, take a bus to a resort, and then go to a park. :look: