Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Landscaping

^ Was it Forest Hills nursery on Pleasant Hill Road? I spent thousands of dollars there back in the day.

This was Elemental Bonsai & Tea Garden on Neptune. We were looking for indoor plants, it is a shop behind a home, rather neat. Almost started taken construction picks as there is this giant hole across the street w/ some crazy earth moving equipment!

Original JURASSIC PARK landscaping before Potter... weep and enjoy!

6GmhpwJ.jpg
slUiA3D.jpg
2KO5i4T.jpg
FvSLmKL.jpg
ZjujjzB.jpg
HmITzVT.jpg
21IjLK7.jpg
Gay9jtM.jpg

On the days that I took these pictures... it was the only reason I went to IOA. I was on a mission to capture it.

6GmhpwJ.jpg
slUiA3D.jpg
2KO5i4T.jpg
FvSLmKL.jpg
ZjujjzB.jpg
HmITzVT.jpg
21IjLK7.jpg
Gay9jtM.jpg

On the days that I took these pictures... it was the only reason I went to IOA. I was on a mission to capture it.
May it return as lush and beautiful as it was, so much of the land is in the landscape. Maybe we can get a couple of ponds along the way.

6GmhpwJ.jpg
slUiA3D.jpg
2KO5i4T.jpg
FvSLmKL.jpg
ZjujjzB.jpg
HmITzVT.jpg
21IjLK7.jpg
Gay9jtM.jpg

and....that's the wall (the first one in front of the Discovery Center by the lake) I used to take a quick mid day nap on. Now, I'd get run over by a coaster. :lol:

I never realized that there was a 2 year degree for this kind of work

I know I do not have a green thumb, but I do recall speaking w/ folks that truly know landscaping. I know there is a lot of knowledge to be had, but (to me) at the end of the day at a theme park, this stuff is true art in every sense of the word. He is an example that caught my eye in Epcot.

fp.jpg

6GmhpwJ.jpg
slUiA3D.jpg
2KO5i4T.jpg
FvSLmKL.jpg
ZjujjzB.jpg
HmITzVT.jpg
21IjLK7.jpg
Gay9jtM.jpg

I came across this thread while searching for info about Universal Studios Landscaping, Islands of Adventure Landscaping.

I participated in the landscape installation of Jurassic Park, and City Walk back in 1998. It looks like the landscape has changed in these photos from the original install; although, it would be difficult to remember exactly what was planted..... either way, the photos are quite nice and show that the design integrity has been clearly established. At the time, the Islands of Adventure Project was the largest construction project in the world! I was a 26 year old recent Landscape Architect graduate. I have many good memories working with other horticulturists and gardeners finishing this project.

I came across this thread while searching for info about Universal Studios Landscaping, Islands of Adventure Landscaping.

I participated in the landscape installation of Jurassic Park, and City Walk back in 1998. It looks like the landscape has changed in these photos from the original install; although, it would be difficult to remember exactly what was planted..... either way, the photos are quite nice and show that the design integrity has been clearly established. At the time, the Islands of Adventure Project was the largest construction project in the world! I was a 26 year old recent Landscape Architect graduate. I have many good memories working with other horticulturists and gardeners finishing this project.
There were several Norfolk Island pines that didn't survive the transition. The replacements will grow in.

Maybe I am becoming a grumpy old man, starting to prefer Nature to people or something. Anyway, I am really starting to admire UoR's use of plants and landscaping and all, so I figured I would start posting PICs of the vegetation around the Resort.

35285019860_bda4491107_c.jpg

34830888384_ca99edcc29_c.jpg

34830890054_9077a0b473_c.jpg

34830895954_008ea91d1d_c.jpg

34830894844_466f333c60_c.jpg

I was sort of kidding...my daughter is 12, so there is that ;-)

I honestly thought you were going to say early 20s :lol:

The landscaping really stood out to me on my last visit and I was feeling the same about it.
I’m only 24 and I’m already feeling this :lmao: :lmao: