Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, would Comcast buy out all the hotels across Kirkman? The other option would be to buy out south and all the kitch on international drive.
Question becomes, would it be a connected resort; is that important to this overall project?

I think the most convenient way to have a "resort" is to buy the area around Kirkman and Major. Kirkman is an easier barrier to traverse than I-4.

As for connections, who knows. Could just use shuttles.

- - - Updated - - -

^ If I wanted control of destiny, I would buy all three colors. Easy to tear that stuff down.

Yea, I made that assuming they would buy all three. It's the only way they'd be able to do all of what is rumored.

Look for a visual of the Major Blvd. plots in a few hours similar to how I broke down the Lockheed/south extension plots a few pages ago. I might include more detail like existing hotel rooms, assessed values, etc. If you can think of any kind of data you would like represented (and that can be tracked down relatively easily), post it and I'll try to find a way to include it. It might be time to update the Excel sheet with the land values, as well.

Last edited:
Hiw much money would you guys guess it would take to buy out all those hotels, restaraunts and Walgreens? I really don't have a clue what type of leases these buldings have but there are some decent size companies your talking about taking over their locations on Major, Holiday Inn, Double Tree, Walgreens, Starbucks.

There would need to be demolition of the area in Major Boulevard. Basically below, red would be a theme park, blue would be a water park, and yellow would be a resort area. A complete guess by me, but it would work.

universalexpansion.png

Is there any way to divert that road?

Is there any way to divert that road?

They would have that part of Kirkman renamed by the city... probably Comcast Blvd. and then there would be a flying deck over the highway much like City Walk connector from the garages. As far as expense in buying out the hotels, they could negotiate the hotel chain (Doubletree) managing a new hotel to be built as part of the project. Comcast could just tell the other motels and businesses to get lost.

I don't see why they would want a water park. Yes it would be nice to have one on the property, but wet n' wild (which they own) is right down the street. Also, all four resorts on the property have large pools. If they advertise wet n' wild a little more they would be fine. One other thing, is there shuttles to there and back from the resort? If not then they should look into that.

They would have that part of Kirkman renamed by the city... probably Comcast Blvd. and then there would be a flying deck over the highway much like City Walk connector from the garages. As far as expense in buying out the hotels, they could negotiate the hotel chain (Doubletree) managing a new hotel to be built as part of the project. Comcast could just tell the other motels and businesses to get lost.

I'm Universal can get the government to pay for another walkway across Kirkman this time :lol:

I don't see why they would want a water park. Yes it would be nice to have one on the property, but wet n' wild (which they own) is right down the street. Also, all four resorts on the property have large pools. If they advertise wet n' wild a little more they would be fine. One other thing, is there shuttles to there and back from the resort? If not then they should look into that.

My personal opinion is that WnW is not up to the standards that Universal is going for right now. To me the place is downright ugly. I would rather drive a little further down and go to Aquatica, any day.

Wet 'n' Wild is fun, but nasty and unattractive. I can't wait until whatever Uni has going on with it ends.

My personal opinion is that WnW is not up to the standards that Universal is going for right now. To me the place is downright ugly. I would rather drive a little further down and go to Aquatica, any day.

I agree with this totally. Wet N Wild is from the old ways of doing things and seeing how things have evolved since then, I can't imagine what Universal could bring to the table with a new waterpark.

Have you been to Wet'N'Wild?

It certainly isn't up to the current Universal standard.

I see we are all in consensus about WnW :p ... Haters!!! :rofl:

I'm Universal can get the government to pay for another walkway across Kirkman this time :lol:

Funny you bring that up, because I remember one of their justifications was that it would enable so much new development, which would bring a lot more revenue and sales taxes for the city... But they really have only one more plot to expand into down there :lol: The big one would be buying the land out East, and that would mean a new bridge is needed :lol: That is, unless they close off Major Blvd. right at Kirkman (eliminating the section from Kirkman to Vineland), and make all that land into one big plot, with all "interior" roads. Who knows... many things could be done.

Last edited:
Hahaha I haven't been there since disco h2o opened. But I hear you on the standards for uni. I bet they'll drop wet n wild faster then I can snap my fingers if they open they're own wp.

I see we are all in consensus about WnW :p ... Haters!!! :rofl:

Funny you bring that up, because I remember one of their justifications was that it would enable so much new development, which would bring a lot more revenue and sales taxes for the city... But they really have only one more plot to expand into down there :lol: The big one would be buying the land out East, and that would mean a new bridge is needed :lol: That is, unless they close off Major Blvd. right at Kirkman (eliminating the section from Kirkman to Vineland), and make all that land into one big plot, with all "interior" roads. Who knows... many things could be done.

I dont hate WNW by any means. I love a good water slide and would probably go if one of my APs covered it :lol:

There would need to be demolition of the area in Major Boulevard. Basically below, red would be a theme park, blue would be a water park, and yellow would be a resort area. A complete guess by me, but it would work.

universalexpansion.png

Too bad the area in red has been earmarked by the City of Orlando for an overpass that connects Major Blvd. to Grand National Drive. But I guess if Universal REALLY wanted all that land, they could buy it. It would just likely cost them an inane amount of money.

GNDO.jpg

I dont hate WNW by any means. I love a good water slide and would probably go if one of my APs covered it :lol:

Oh, I'd also go a couple times a year, if it was free... :lol:

Too bad the area in red has been earmarked by the City of Orlando for an overpass that connects Major Blvd. to Grand National Drive. But I guess if Universal REALLY wanted all that land, they could buy it. It would just likely cost them an inane amount of money.

Hey there! How set-in-stone is this?

Indeed, I've not heard a peep about this.

I've got all the plots (well, I cut a few corners on multiple adjacent plots owned by the same company) labeled and outlined, now I just need to pull the assessed values for land and buildings (and any other data you want) and put that all together for you guys, and you'll have more info in one place on the Major Blvd. land than you probably care to have. :lol:

Hey there! How set-in-stone is this?

Indeed, I've not heard a peep about this.

It's a major part of the I-4 improvement plan. You can read about it on the I-4 improvement site. It's a long ways down the road though.

Here's an official rendering from that site:
I-4_Rendering_Kirkman_Labeled_900.jpg

But if Universal wanted that land, and was able to throw enough money at the right people, they could probably buy it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.