Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No, we won't get the late closing times throughout the year until people stay late and there's demand for them throughout the year.

Universal closes early because they have no incentive to stay open late.

When I was there the wait times really didn't go down that much in the evening. Not like the huge drop you get at MK. Transformers was still 30, Gringotts was still 40, etc. I honestly think during busy time periods they have long enough waits at night to justify staying open. They also need a better night time show to keep people. People stay at MK and lines don't drop until that first parade hits because people stay to see the parade, the celebration, and the fireworks. Even after the fireworks there was mass amounts of people going to the back half of the park (us included) to ride more and watch the second parade. If Universal had quality night time entertainment people would stay.

If the vast majority of Universal guests weren't coming for the first time now, I'd agree.

I just think Universal attracts a different kind of audience than Disney. They head out for dinner. They don't slave away at the parks for 12+ hours. Not saying Uni shouldn't have good nighttime shows, I just don't think the Uni crowd is one that wants to stay in the parks past 8-9 o'clock

I disagree a lot with that. Families don't stay out late and yet they do at Disney. Young people who like thrill rides love to stay out late, I see no reason why they would not come back into the parks after grabbing dinner if they could or staying in the park and eating dinner and then riding more. Also, I think they miss a huge AP crowd out there like me. I talk to people all the time when I come to Disney and I will say, oh we just got here at 4 and they will say, yep, we got her late too because we like the night time stuff. Do you know how many times I have had Dinner at a Disney park and then enjoyed the night time stuff? I NEVER have done that at Universal. In fact I have had a sit down dinner twice in a Universal parks and it was always at the end of the trip. We have a handful of times ate at City Walk, but normally just leave and east somewhere else that is cheaper. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on dinner at Disney parks and that was long before kids limited my Universal options. I talk to people all the time that do the same thing. Dinner, fireworks, and some rides. Perfect evening out. That is hardly ever an option at Universal. Heck, I have done that at Sea World. We do counter Dinner because my husband loves the BBQ place, but we go out at 3 PM to Sea World during their late opening hours (Halloween, Summer, BBQ, Christmas, etc) watch a show, grab dinner, ride some rides, catch the night time shows.

Universal should start with getting better night time stuff and then extending hours on the weekends. I think they would get more business than you think. People will change their patterns.

You know why UOR parks close early? They make bank off people renting out the Wizarding Worlds or the park. When there is a 7 or 8pm closing head out towards guest relations area turnstiles (behind GR) at USF and see if there are busses and groups of people.

Until that changes (such as curbing sales) the parks will close early.

You know why UOR parks close early? They make bank off people renting out the Wizarding Worlds or the park. When there is a 7 or 8pm closing head out towards guest relations area turnstiles (behind GR) at USF and see if there are busses and groups of people.

Do these events happen in both parks? I would think keep the one closed and the other open. That way you have your special event and still keep one park open longer. I know other parks do special events and still find times to keep the park open to 10 or 11 or 12, so not sure why Uni can't do the same. I have attended events at Sea World before, but during summer and special events they still keep the park open later.

Do these events happen in both parks? I would think keep the one closed and the other open. That way you have your special event and still keep one park open longer. I know other parks do special events and still find times to keep the park open to 10 or 11 or 12, so not sure why Uni can't do the same. I have attended events at Sea World before, but during summer and special events they still keep the park open later.

I can only speak for Diagon Alley but I know Marvel and even all of IOA has been rented out before.

good point...That I can believe. I've been at Portofino many times when they had a huge private party filling the Piazza, and then they had a fleet of water taxis taking them to one of the parks for another private party. I can just imagine how many RP conventions and such have the private inside the park food & attraction parties.....Izzy also makes a good point about keeping one of the parks, at least, open late....It will be interesting to see if hours change in 2017 with all the new stuff.

I can only speak for Diagon Alley but I know Marvel and even all of IOA has been rented out before.
I have been to events with all of the studios being rented out (pre Diagon) and Hogsmede rented out twice each. It is really something getting to be there with so few people around.

I rode a couple of days ago, they had a large amount of fog in the first room and it seemed like they improved the background lighting in a couple of locations, like the above photo.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
They must getting it ready for extended hours because of Kong. HA! You're not the only one getting nighttime safaris, DAK.