Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Food Stand/Gift Shop in the parking hub is being renovated it seems. The food section has been gutted and they've moved the gift shop over by the wheelchair rental location.

The Food Stand/Gift Shop in the parking hub is being renovated it seems. The food section has been gutted and they've moved the gift shop over by the wheelchair rental location.

I think they're going to get rid of it to improve guest flow due to the metal detectors and scanners there.

I'm assuming everyone has already seen the airport style conveyer belt xray machines in the garage now? Surprised me today.

The food stand in the hub is removed too.

Last edited:
Having to get metal detected every time is bit of a hassle. But, man, if they just do this at the entry points to CityWalk instead of the park entrance for events like HHN it should make entry into the actual park itself way easier.

I believe these metal detectors are the ones they used at HHN which is why they were the only park to get so many out so quickly. I doubt they have them at the gates of HHN anymore, that would be silly.

Does hard rock have an outside extrance? Because that would explain the need for them there.

I believe these metal detectors are the ones they used at HHN which is why they were the only park to get so many out so quickly. I doubt they have them at the gates of HHN anymore, that would be silly.

Does hard rock have an outside extrance? Because that would explain the need for them there.
I think the need for them at Hard Rock Live is to provide extra security/security theatre (and legal reasons) to prevent something like what happened to Christina Grimmie down at The Plaza Live a few weeks ago.

Basically just to make guests and performers feel safe in the environment they are in. If something were to happen there and there was no security/metal detectors, there would be issues.

I think the need for them at Hard Rock Live is to provide extra security/security theatre (and legal reasons) to prevent something like what happened to Christina Grimmie down at The Plaza Live a few weeks ago.

Basically just to make guests and performers feel safe in the environment they are in. If something were to happen there and there was no security/metal detectors, there would be issues.
And to look out for recording devices, then, everyone has a smartphone these days which can record.

And to look out for recording devices, then, everyone has a smartphone these days which can record.
Eh, artists don't really care about recording devices anymore. I've been to 10+ concerts this year and taken my 4K camera into all of them without problem.

Eh, artists don't really care about recording devices anymore. I've been to 10+ concerts this year and taken my 4K camera into all of them without problem.
Some venues are more strict than others probably, as are some artists. I think Axl Rose used to demand security take away camera lol. But these days, everything ends up on youtube anyway.

Other thought, isn't hard rock completely independent from Universal, so perhaps they just go by their own security standards.

Some venues are more strict than others probably, as are some artists. I think Axl Rose used to demand security take away camera lol. But these days, everything ends up on youtube anyway.

Other thought, isn't hard rock completely independent from Universal, so perhaps they just go by their own security standards.
Yeah, they are independent. That's why I mentioned that it's likely for legal reasons.

Do the hotels have any kind of metal detectors? It seems like you maximize the utility of that security if every single entrance to CityWalk (hotels, garage, busses) have to go through security.