Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, there's currently three snack stands behind walls and are completely gone behind the walls while Mardi Gras is going on. I'm guessing they are going to be giving updated looks to the snack stands along with probably improving the plumbing underneath while they have the time and maybe even do some concrete work behind the walls in those areas.

Yeah, same for the one across Spidey. Hopefully they add some new great savory options, Universal is not the best for snacking outside of special events.

Reactions: shiekra38
Love the stand, now I hope they could get rid of that smoking area so you can actually enjoy a meal sitting down
It’s the only smoking area left in the park so if it goes anywhere it’ll be when Universal (unsuccessfully) bans smoking altogether.

Going down to one smoking area per park has been a disaster imo and worse than having five or six since now people are just lighting up wherever they please.

It’s the only smoking area left in the park so if it goes anywhere it’ll be when Universal (unsuccessfully) bans smoking altogether.

Going down to one smoking area per park has been a disaster imo and worse than having five or six since now people are just lighting up wherever they please.

WDW has banned all smoking areas inside the parks and I haven't had a problem there yet, outside of the parking lots.

Reactions: tankart150
WDW and Universal draw two completely different crowds. Good luck trying to keep smoking to one smoking section during HHN.

HHN is a different animal, but Disney and Universal used to pull different crowds, it has gotten very similar in the past few years now. I don't think Universal should hold back from changing something that such a small percentage of visitors partake in.

At the very least, move the section somewhere else that's not at the dead center of a land lol

Reactions: Jake S
HHN is a different animal, but Disney and Universal used to pull different crowds, it has gotten very similar in the past few years now. I don't think Universal should hold back from changing something that such a small percentage of visitors partake in.

At the very least, move the section somewhere else that's not at the dead center of a land lol
The a good percentage of the Mardi Gras crowd loves to smoke as well and it's all over the park. Security has been cracking down but guests don't care.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Chorizo dog, you say?
Untitled-11.gif

Reactions: shiekra38
Laying out some positives from the past few weeks since I've been negative towards the resort this past year:
  • Mel's Drive-In has vastly improved in quality
  • Love all of the minor, yet wonderful, concrete work throughout the parks
  • MIB, while still needing a major refurb, has at least most of its effects back on now
  • Cat in the Hat has lots of effects working now, needs a touchup/deep clean, but nicer now
  • Parking is still a pain sometimes, but I've seen more managers there taking an active role in trying to figure out a solution to the crowds they've been receiving lately.
  • and the biggest shocker of them all... my ride on Rip Ride Rockit was pleasantly smooth... like smoother than Velocicoaster!?!?

The one thing still holding the parks back are staffing levels and security still being a pain when it's a breeze at WDW.

I think the roof/overhang is way too big and bulky. Does anyone have a pic of the stand that was there before?

These newer, larger units fit well in NYC but haven't so far here. They might have done better if they went a little more studio tour theme than Hollywood.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

These newer, larger units fit well in NYC but haven't so far here. They might have done better if they went a little more studio tour theme than Hollywood.
I think I prefer the older one, still have to see the new one in person and in action though.