Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

These newer, larger units fit well in NYC but haven't so far here. They might have done better if they went a little more studio tour theme than Hollywood.
I think it’s also the shape. The old round one fit well with the curved walkways. This one’s shape and position make it feel plopped down.

This is at the very least the fourth permanent outdoor vending stand that has undergone significant refurbishment at USF this year. Not sure if IOA is seeing any of this, but glad they're doing it at USF.

This is at the very least the fourth permanent outdoor vending stand that has undergone significant refurbishment at USF this year. Not sure if IOA is seeing any of this, but glad they're doing it at USF.

There are a couple at IOA that need to be relocated as they stand in the middle of some cramped walkways, but they weren't as outdated as the ones from USF.

Universal Orlando has set Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey to temporarily close for a day on June 8, 2023. @UniversalORL

Does anyone know why the parade gates in Hollywood have been missing for awhile? In a recent Bio photo you can see them lying on the ground next to the sprung tents

Does anyone know why the parade gates in Hollywood have been missing for awhile? In a recent Bio photo you can see them lying on the ground next to the sprung tents
I believe the hurricanes over in recent years specifically had not been kind to the gates from what I’ve heard.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Universal Orlando has closed Mel’s Drive-In restaurant at Universal Studios Florida for refurbishment.

Makes sense. It hasn’t seen a proper refurbishment maybe… ever? Also, Mel’s is as close to VillainCon as Minion Cafe so giving Mel’s a little update in advance of the attraction opening is a good idea. It’s an old structure so some of the restaurants guts probably need to be replaced.

Reactions: Grabnar
They are installing slides and a ball pit to accommodate all the kids and families that have taken over Horror Nights
My 4 year old will be thrilled, if we can get her away from playing with the scare actors…

On a serious note, any chance we get a new/upgraded menu with the refurb?

Just when you thought the park entrance couldn’t turn any more into a thematic mess than it already is

I like the classic characters, but the art style, and the gigantic “UNI VRS” signs, really bring this down for me. You have this, immediately next to the Minions Land sign, and immediately next to the classic Brown Derby hat shop

• Sad
Reactions: Andysol and Grabnar
Just when you thought the park entrance couldn’t turn any more into a thematic mess than it already is

I like the classic characters, but the art style, and the gigantic “UNI VRS” signs, really bring this down for me. You have this, immediately next to the Minions Land sign, and immediately next to the classic Brown Derby hat shop

Yeah it’s a bit CityWalk for me. Out of place in the park imo.