Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know if the Simpsons ride projectors were ever upgraded to new 4K ones? Its been so long and I cannot remember if the old Sony projectors were replaced with new Sony UHD's or Infitec's 4k's. Another thing I'm wondering given the 2M dollar price tag someone found could this be a test project?? They have 2 theaters and with this ride it is possible to tinker with one while the other is under the knife. Hmmmm....
Good point on the theaters. They can do the work without closing the attraction if they want. With Disaster closed & Twister & Kidzone to follow, they probably don't want to shutter any other attractions until they bring the new stuff online

Does anyone know if the Simpsons ride projectors were ever upgraded to new 4K ones? Its been so long and I cannot remember if the old Sony projectors were replaced with new Sony UHD's or Infitec's 4k's. Another thing I'm wondering given the 2M dollar price tag someone found could this be a test project?? They have 2 theaters and with this ride it is possible to tinker with one while the other is under the knife. Hmmmm....
Last time I was at USF, Simpsons was at half capacity because (according to the TMs) one dome was having its projector upgraded. Don't know if it is done yet or what the change was.

When did this sign get added?
22556105923_37b935bb1e_b.jpg

Reactions: *Q*
3D hasn't been announced (but is very likely, basically a 99% certainty, just a question of when), an improvement to the locker situation is very welcome, but losing the Castle tour for Express would suck, but I'm not too surprised that it is finally coming (if true).

Reactions: awhen
3D hasn't been announced (but is very likely, basically a 99% certainty, just a question of when), an improvement to the locker situation is very welcome, but losing the Castle tour for Express would suck, but I'm not too surprised that it is finally coming (if true).

I have heard nothing about Express.

Reactions: awhen
I'm guessing "Castle Tour" is either referring to the castle maybe still being open during the refurb as just the queue tour (while the ride itself gets work), or a new option making the Castle Tour more apparent and easy to access.

Also, will Universal actually announce this refurb in advance for once? Only announcing a refurb of quiet possibly the biggest draw in the entire resort (the "main Harry Potter ride" inside Hogwarts Castle) a few weeks in advance is just asking for a guest services disaster.