Universal Scrap Yard | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Scrap Yard

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
Does anyone know if Universal Orlando has a scrap yard? like disneys bone yard? I found the lot behind JPRA had tons of crap in it, such as this:
Screen_Shot_2013_05_01_at_8_58_37_PM.png

The picture above looks to be old JPRA Boats.

I also found a random boat sitting back there, which i think is from the old Dynamite Night Stunt Spectacular:
Screen_Shot_2013_05_01_at_9_00_48_PM.png

It also looks like another scrap yard behind MIB[[[/B]B][/B]. I found a pic of a red plane(cant remember where its from)
Screen_Shot_2013_05_01_at_9_04_15_PM.png

Are there any abandoned things on property? Or items left to rot?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Universal Orlando has a scrap yard? like disneys bone yard? I found the lot behind JPRA had tons of crap in it, such as this:
Screen_Shot_2013_05_01_at_8_58_37_PM.png

The picture above looks to be old JPRA Boats.

I also found a random boat sitting back there, which i think is from the old Dynamite Night Stunt Spectacular:
Screen_Shot_2013_05_01_at_9_00_48_PM.png

It also looks like another scrap yard behind MIB. I found a pic of a red plane(cant remember where its from)

They do have two bone yards on site, you found both of them. They also have an off site warehouse where they store things.

The plane is from the old Rocky and Bullwinkle show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newcrazyjoesworld/3306639769/

It also looks like another scrap yard behind MIB. I found a pic of a red plane(cant remember where its from)

That red plane was on display for a while in Kidzone. I think it was used in a parade when the park first opened and had Rocky And Bullwinkle riding in it. Hope this helps.

Edit: Opps didn't see the psot above me. I knew it had something to do with Rocky and Bullwinkle. :embarassed:

Last edited:
Well it does make a lot of sense but I think they use it as storage too. When they were building Gru's house for DMMM they stored the roof behind MIB from what I have heard.
Sorry took me to long to post this.

Last edited:
Well it does make a lot of sense but I think they use it as storage too. When they were building Gru's house for DMMM they stored the roof behind MIB from what I have heard.

Correct. While it is called a bone yard, it's not really the Disney style bone yard (things go in and never come out).

When ripsaw, blutos or JPRA go dry for their winter maintenance they take all of the boats and put them in the one over in IOA. When they pull things from the park for various reasons (HHN, Gradbash, ect) they store them there. When new things are going in the bone yards are a great staging ground. If your installing say a new coaster it's a great place to store some track.

It's primary function is temporary storage, but in theme parks temporary usually is some form of permanent. (Why so many theme park back of house offices are in "temporary" trailers)

Does anyone know what that boat is?

It's just a boat. They have several of them on property because of all the water. There is a boat launch behind Sky Trolley for the IOA lagoon. (The USF one is a little trickier because they have to back the boat trailer across a path.)

All of the old Dynamite Stunt boats are long gone.

Jaws was carefully taken apart and stored. If I recall correctly the plan is to donate some of it.

It's just a boat. They have several of them on property because of all the water. There is a boat launch behind Sky Trolley for the IOA lagoon. (The USF one is a little trickier because they have to back the boat trailer across a path.)

All of the old Dynamite Stunt boats are long gone.

I just thought that because they have several other flat bottom boats for maintenance etc. Why would they need a speed boat?

The boat looks like it can be this boat:
photo_4.jpg

That may be, that boat was not in the bone-yard when Jaws was still there.

^ what makes you think it is a speed boat? A boat can also be a tug if outfitted with large engines.

I'm just saying what do they need that boat for if it is not for an attraction. They do have other boats you know.

Last edited:
Are there any abandoned or things left to rot on the property? Like disneys old 20k ride subs?

Last edited:
Sometimes things go into those yards for longer periods of time, but there's nothing really old there. Space is at a premium, if it wasn't good enough to go to the warehouse reuse it or get rid of it.