Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you do, I would highly recommend checking it out. Not only for the Death Eaters in the Wizarding World (yes, they have that during the event..) but for Trauma and what sounds like of the JHorror house; as Trauma from last year sounded incredible and JHorror also sounds incredible; even by one persons comments about it.
Have been thinking today about doing a last-minute trip to Japan in a couple of weeks, didn't even think about them doing HHN out there - quite tempted now!

And Biohazard (resident evil) is always a blast. Did it before and it was next level awesome as you got guns and stuff to use in the house

And Biohazard (resident evil) is always a blast. Did it before and it was next level awesome as you got guns and stuff to use in the house

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Biohazard is there this year (as it may of gotten replaced by the sequel to last year's NOES from Japan and The Exorcist)..

It's one of those things that I have heard well enough praise that has been given to it, although I am surprised to see it gone (although I wonder if the reason why it's gone is mainly contractual..).

Most likely the reason. Everything there is stipulated to contract which is why certain really popular things like Neon Genesis Evangelion come once every blue moon compared to Attack on Titan and Monster Hunter etc.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Most likely the reason. Everything there is stipulated to contract which is why certain really popular things like Neon Genesis Evangelion come once every blue moon compared to Attack on Titan and Monster Hunter etc.

Which makes me wonder if Godzilla is one of those more "Moby Dick" IPS (I say Moby Dick IP's much like Exorcist..).

I would then say to go. To be honest, this is the first year at any Universal Park that is offering Halloween activites for Potter, not just the Death Eaters but family offerings for the day plus specialty food and drinks. They also have the badass wand show that neither Orlando or Hollywood has..

Reactions: Frogki
Which makes me wonder if Godzilla is one of those more "Moby Dick" IPS (I say Moby Dick IP's much like Exorcist..).

I would then say to go. To be honest, this is the first year at any Universal Park that is offering Halloween activites for Potter, not just the Death Eaters but family offerings for the day plus specialty food and drinks. They also have the badass wand show that neither Orlando or Hollywood has..

Universal has multiple relationships with Toho regarding quite a few things outside the parks, same thing with Capcom and Shonen Jump so I'm sure Godzilla could come back easily if they wanted to but I think they wanted to capitalize on the film more so than anything.

Whoa awesome to go to bed and wake up mentioned on here!
If that mega video I did, here's some short best of moments.

That's the zombie cage escape show/experience where you are forced for protection into cage until zombies break in.

The J-Horror section combining religion and folklore.

Also image.jpeg
The cosplayers were amazing.

That's the zombie cage escape show/experience where you are forced for protection into cage until zombies break in.

Also View attachment 3038

That cosplay though is kinda offensive though.

Reactions: Blue

Also View attachment 3038

I love that Jason cosplayer that was seen..i'm not surprised about the large including of Sadako cosplayers though..

..that being said, i'll be moving this rumor from the Nintendo thread to here.

There are now rumors of Amity Village being removed for Nintendoland, instead of the cluster of soundstages west of the park (next to Space Fantasy); mainly due to the success of Universal Cool and it's Shonen Jump events..so,

thoughts on the rumor?

This news deeply upsets me. I hope that they keep the jaws area and lose the soundstage area. But I'm not a boss I'm just a guest.

Personally speaking, I would concur..if it wasn't for Diagon opening in Orlando.

Diagon Alley showed that even as is, it's sad to see Amity go but they have one of the worlds best themed environments within that plot of land. They made it feel like you steped right into the movies, in a way that Hogsmeade (really, for any version) can't do. It also makes sense when you consider that it sounds like the Shonen Jump, HHN, and Universal Cool events have done for the parks; giving enough of a reason to save those soundstages to use of those events..

That being said. Would I rather want it somewhere else in the park (that isn't neither of those two plots); yes, but it makes sense as it gives about 8 acres of land for the area. And with Nintendo probably going to act on the same level of control that JK and WB had; it may be a great move to promote a Japanese based IP in one of their parks as a full experience (much like how Hogsmeade is).

It's my two cents, but I am willing to see what they can do with that plot of land as it could be interesting to see what changes from the potential Orlando-based land..

Reactions: Mad Dog
Three notes..

• It seems that a day or so ago; with the launch of USJ's "Halloween Horror Night" for this year, the Death Eaters have now made their presence at USJ's Hogsmeade (Tweet from Takuya {Or 0905SoRA on Twitter).
  • Speaking of HHN, the event has started with many experiences based on Nightmare on Elm Street, The Exorcist, Ring, JHorror (Japanese Horror), Zombies and the sequel to last year's Trauma (an extreme house from what it sounds like).
  • and, from a reputable source on Orlando United; quinnmac000 has reported that Osaka's upcoming Nintendoland would not be taking over the cluster of soundstages west of the park (next to Space Fantasy and Hollywood Dream's turnaround element west of the park) but would instead be taking over Amity Village; the home to Jaws. The Rumor is due to the popular success that the Universal Cool, HHN, and Shonen Jump events that has come out throughout the past few years

Are you guys excited to see more word of mouth coming from USJs HHN? Are you guys potentially disappointed at Amity Village closing? Sound off below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Allia
Excuse the double post... Just found this video. I'm avoiding spoilers in the form of actual video / photos from the event, but this promo is incredible. Haven't felt this excited for anything in the industry for a long time!

Also @Yukendoit -- do you know if the death eaters in Hogsmede appear at set times, or the frequency they're there during the evening? Do you have to get a timed ticket for the evening or face missing out on it?

Last edited:
Also @Yukendoit -- do you know if the death eaters in Hogsmede appear at set times, or the frequency they're there during the evening? Do you have to get a timed ticket for the evening or face missing out on it?[/QUOTE]
I've tried to go twice, but both times I was twarthed by the rain. The first time I went for them yes I got a timed ticket in, which allows you access to the area for however long you want to stay in there, but when I went in they said the Death Eaters were cancelled. My plan was to go yesterday but we had a typhoon and today it was raining till about night. But I'm going to try to make it out to find out. In the next week!

Also @Yukendoit -- do you know if the death eaters in Hogsmede appear at set times, or the frequency they're there during the evening? Do you have to get a timed ticket for the evening or face missing out on it?
I've tried to go twice, but both times I was twarthed by the rain. The first time I went for them yes I got a timed ticket in, which allows you access to the area for however long you want to stay in there, but when I went in they said the Death Eaters were cancelled. My plan was to go yesterday but we had a typhoon and today it was raining till about night. But I'm going to try to make it out to find out. In the next week!

Ah, bad luck... I'm arriving a week today and so far the weather looks far from great, so I'm really worried I'll get spited and miss out on this as well as Flying Dinosaur and Hollywood Dream. My sort-of plan so far is probably to get one of the Express packages which includes an entry ticket for WWHP, which I assume allows you to go in whenever right?