Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Florida and Japan's versions of the rides have a lot more room for the boats to splash down after the landing, so there probably aren't any worries (even for a precaution) regarding boat crashes. Ours, on the other hand, is squeezed in to curve under that bridge and make its way back to the unloading area.

Reactions: JaySalahi
We actually do have a manually puppeted raptor, albeit a very small one. He's rarely used in any season but summer now, as part of a little streetmosphere bit with a little Jeep and typically a team of two folks dressed up as jurassic park rangers. I have pictures of it, I'll dig them out later.

^ is it that hard plastic looking raptor that only has the front of the body? If so, I've seen them use that one before, it's kinda lame cuz it looks like an oversized action figure dinosaur. Used to be used in Special Effects Stage sometimes. I have a picture of me controlling it somewhere.

USH really needs to invest in getting better JP dinosaur puppets like Japan and Singapore.

Florida and Japan's versions of the rides have a lot more room for the boats to splash down after the landing, so there probably aren't any worries (even for a precaution) regarding boat crashes. Ours, on the other hand, is squeezed in to curve under that bridge and make its way back to the unloading area.
^correct

Yeah, the old Splash was SO iconic. Made a gorgeous splash down!

Also, I've never heard about the boats crashing into other boats at high speeds at the drop....I feel like that'd be on the news haha. Not blowing your reasoning off, Ive just never heard that. Besides, the boats won't go through with the drop until the boat in the splashdown is safely away and closer to the unloading area. That's why boats get "stuck" so often right before the drop. Because the sensor won't let them go through.

If it was such a problem, wouldn't the exact same mechanism be changed in Florida and Japan as a precaution? I thought it was just changed to control the water during off seasons.

Either way, I miss the original ending.
Yea our splash down area is a lot smaller then any other of the parks. When i say high speed i dont mean enough to cause boat damage but enough to give a rider whip lash from the impact of being hit by another boat.

Ahhh gotcha. Well that's pathetic :( I mean it does allow controlled water effects in off season but that could easily be adjusted manually by having less water in the splash down, no?

Another way to restore the old ending is to give the boats more time to make that turn/curve into the station to give the boat behind you more clearance for the drop. That would increase the wait time slightly but I guess they went the cheap way

I kind of also thought that maybe they'd close Spiderman there and replace it with Transformers since Universal technically only has rights to the ride characters in the new contract in Orlando. Maybe it also applied to the ride in Japan. Either way, nice that it's staying.

Still curious how long BTTF will stay there and what would its replacement be....

I kind of also thought that maybe they'd close Spiderman there and replace it with Transformers since Universal technically only has rights to the ride characters in the new contract in Orlando. Maybe it also applied to the ride in Japan. Either way, nice that it's staying.

Still curious how long BTTF will stay there and what would its replacement be....
Maybe they'll just replace BTTF with Transformers.. but it's a bit too similar to Spidey to have them sitting right near each other. Why wasn't BTTF in USJ ever changed to The Simpsons Ride? Is it just an American thing?

Maybe they'll just replace BTTF with Transformers.. but it's a bit too similar to Spidey to have them sitting right near each other. Why wasn't BTTF in USJ ever changed to The Simpsons Ride? Is it just an American thing?
its just an American thing currently but i can see Japan getting it if they had the option but rights may be an issue.

Simple: Simpsons is simply not popular or well known in Japan. That, and BTTF The Ride was only 6 or 7 years old in Japan when the 14 and 16 year old USA versions closed. I think if they replace it, it'll be based on some anime property kind of like the Space Fantasy ride or some other property that's known in Japan. It won't be The Simpsons.

Transformers would make more sense than The Simpsons then, wouldn't it? I have a feeling guests would get tired of a redundant ride system, but if people are willing to travel across oceans just to see the new Transformers attraction, I say it'd be a good addition.