Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

There isn't enough space for an exact replica in the Jaws spot, and the Japanese theme park market in general seems to have no trouble dropping a lot of cash, but I take your point, it would be massive... but also awesome.
Giant, themed/hidden box == huge serotonin for theme park fan.

There isn't enough space for an exact replica in the Jaws spot, and the Japanese theme park market in general seems to have no trouble dropping a lot of cash, but I take your point, it would be massive... but also awesome.

Even the Japanese parks are likely facing a crunch right now. I expect COVID to keep Jaws alive for a few extra years.

Since the ride uses launches and drop tracks, it wouldn't be that hard to change the ride to fit inside a multi-story building. It would still have to be a really big building.

Just having ridden this outside, I cannot imagine it being indoors. Maybe this is “my experience bias”, but I can’t imagine it. I mean I can, it’d be a nighttime ride all the time, but it being actually outside makes it feel more real. I got an afternoon and early evening (dusk) ride, both were great. Indoors eh, but maybe I’m too biased haha.

After further review, it pretty much fits on the Jaws spot. Reconfigure the queue and drop buildings and they should be able to make it fit fine.

hagride.jpg

I'm against it. Getting rid of the lagoon which is utilized for way more things than just Jaws for a strongly themed attraction creates long term issues. It seems UP&R is thinking of USJ as a US park forgetting that its huge growth and popularity wasn't just due to Potter but other things. Expanding Potter into the Lagoon will create logistical challenges that will cut their ability to do some of those special things.

I'm against it. Getting rid of the lagoon which is utilized for way more things than just Jaws for a strongly themed attraction creates long term issues. It seems UP&R is thinking of USJ as a US park forgetting that its huge growth and popularity wasn't just due to Potter but other things. Expanding Potter into the Lagoon will create logistical challenges that will cut their ability to do some of those special things.

Who's to say though that it is cutting into the main lagoon of the park? Or are you referring to the lagoon that the boats for Jaws traverses from?

After further review, it pretty much fits on the Jaws spot. Reconfigure the queue and drop buildings and they should be able to make it fit fine.

View attachment 13794

Don't forget that the pathway and entry plaza to Super Nintendo World already took over a bit of acreage from the Jaws back forest and I don't see that leaving anyhtime soon so the available land is not that big...

Daily ops will ALWAYS win out over a special event. HHN stuff can and will be relocated if need be.
Buddy, at USJ, aren't daily ops and special events basically synonymous? Once you go from Cool Japan to HHN to Holidays, how much normal park time do you have left?

Buddy, at USJ, aren't daily ops and special events basically synonymous? Once you go from Cool Japan to HHN to Holidays, how much normal park time do you have left?
Those are still special events. I'm talking about attractions. If they are basically green lighting a ride, they aren't going to say, "oh wait, we can't because we use the space for xyz". A new ride wins the day.

Plus, Jaws is a very expensive ride to run.

Checking, most of the mazes for HHN are over at the left side of the park, over where T2, Space Fantasy, the 4D Theater, and the Hollywood Dream Overbank are.