Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Singapore General Discussion

POV of the new Sesame Street dark ride in Singapore.

[video=youtube_share;w3pY7G-aZtY]http://youtu.be/w3pY7G-aZtY[/video]

UOR needs 2-3 rides of this size and thrill level in each of its parks. Really impressed with how well they did here.

POV of the new Sesame Street dark ride in Singapore.

[video=youtube_share;w3pY7G-aZtY]http://youtu.be/w3pY7G-aZtY[/video]

UOR needs 2-3 rides of this size and thrill level in each of its parks. Really impressed with how well they did here.

This looks great but too short. Take themeing on this level and make it a minute or two longer and we'll have a hit.

Obviously he had to turn the camera off several times so were missing portions of the ride. We are not going to debate that.

This looks great but too short. Take themeing on this level and make it a minute or two longer and we'll have a hit.

Obviously he had to turn the camera off several times so were missing portions of the ride. We are not going to debate that.

Not to mention it's a Fantasyland-style dark ride. Most of them are only between 2-3 minutes in length anyway.

The art direction/set design looks great, but man, some of those AAs are pretty shabby. Big Bird & Ernie/Bert are practically mannequins. The rest of it looks really awesome though, that launch sequence appears very (stylistically) convincing.

I'm quite jealous of Singapore! They have a few things I'd love to see over here. Guess I'll need to take a trip over there sometime at this rate though.

Looks like I will be going to Singapore, at chirstmas/new year time next year. I will be doing a cruise to Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Brunei. Then when the cruise gets back to Singapore we will be spending a few nights in Singapore before we return.

One question I was wondering about USS, do guests staying in the hotels in the Sentosa resort get express passes like they do at the onsite hotels in Orlando. I don't think they do but I couldn't really find any confirmation.

One question I was wondering about USS, do guests staying in the hotels in the Sentosa resort get express passes like they do at the onsite hotels in Orlando. I don't think they do but I couldn't really find any confirmation.

I had a room at the Hard Rock, and I don't recall any preferential treatment. I went in late summer, but crowds weren't bad at all. You shouldn't need an express pass.

I had a room at the Hard Rock, and I don't recall any preferential treatment. I went in late summer, but crowds weren't bad at all. You shouldn't need an express pass.

That sucks. Hopefully the crowds aren't bad but the cruise ends on the 29th of December and we will be going home sometime after New Year, so the holiday period. Which is what worries me.

I was just looking through the TPR forums, and found a article that had been posted, which talked about USS goals for the future. It said they are planning to open a ride in 2014. Has anyone heard anything about a new attraction or ride being announced or rumors of one, as I haven't heard anything about it until now, and I just know that this was released a few months ago.

Coasterbuzz is reporting The Battle Star Coaster(dueling) is reopen with 2 across seating.
I wonder if this might be something they consider doing in Orlando.
The lines of this coaster( Orlando's ) always seem to Short
I do not know if severely reduced ridership or this is just a people eater .(or both)
I further wonder if the reduced seating leaves room for plexiglass shields or something like that to let it duel.

What was the actual issue with the Battlestar Galactica coasters? They closed down for years at a time and I never understood why.

It looks like from the animation they used different track from Dueling Dragons.So I am making a guess that the track could not support the heavy Trains.
So they reduced the Train size/weight ?

Coasterbuzz is reporting The Battle Star Coaster(dueling) is reopen with 2 across seating.
I wonder if this might be something they consider doing in Orlando.
The lines of this coaster( Orlando's ) always seem to Short
I do not know if severely reduced ridership or this is just a people eater .(or both)
I further wonder if the reduced seating leaves room for plexiglass shields or something like that to let it duel.

This is actually to fix the structural problems with the coaster. There have been no reports of flying objects from Singapore. I doubt they'd do it in Orlando, especially since this reduces the capacity by half.