Universal Studios Singapore | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Singapore

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Due to the pandemic, HHN Singapore is not officially happening this year, but USS Singapore did open up the Halloween Horror Nights Exhibition.

Plus, USS Singapore kind of has a Universal Monsters scare zone operating at night. Not to mention, the Universal Monsters are apart of the Halloween Horror Nights Exhibition. I would not be surprised if a Universal Monsters house is in the plans for HHN Singapore when hopefully officially returns in 2022.

Anyways, here is a look at the Halloween Horror Nights Exhibition at USS Singapore...

Posting this here, as I want to kind of..talk about this one.

Super Nintendo World and Minion Park Singapore is delayed again, as of the result of the continued delay of projects occuring at Resort World Sentosa. This will be the second delayment of work to commence for either project, and will mean the park will not of had a new addition since Puss in Boots.

Iconic Singapore resorts Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa are both expected to see delays in development projects, Business Times reported, though the extent of those delays is unclear.
Minister of State for Trade and Industry Alvin Tan said both Marina Bay Sands, which is owned by Las Vegas Sands Corp., and Resorts World Sentosa had indicated potential for delays in the completion of their expansion plans due to pandemic-related disruptions in the construction industry, the paper reported, citing remarks made in Parliament on Monday.

Both resort areas had announced expansion plans in 2019, BT said, noting that they included adding a fourth tower to the Marina Bay Sands development and a 1,500-seat entertainment area. Resorts World Sentosa, which is owned by Genting Singapore Ltd., anticipated adding Minion Park and Super Nintendo World to Universal Studios Singapore, as well as adding an oceanarium, the paper said.

The reason I bring this up, is the fact that this is the second time a delay for the large scale projects have occured. It's a topic that I am heavily interested of, especially given Nintendo's position and involvement. I wonder if they might force Comcast to go in and try to "provoke" movement to occur and commence. Either by gaining more control of the property through acquiring it by the percentages or completely buying it outright.

Posting this here, as I want to kind of..talk about this one.

Super Nintendo World and Minion Park Singapore is delayed again, as of the result of the continued delay of projects occuring at Resort World Sentosa. This will be the second delayment of work to commence for either project, and will mean the park will not of had a new addition since Puss in Boots.

The reason I bring this up, is the fact that this is the second time a delay for the large scale projects have occured. It's a topic that I am heavily interested of, especially given Nintendo's position and involvement. I wonder if they might force Comcast to go in and try to "provoke" movement to occur and commence. Either by gaining more control of the property through acquiring it by the percentages or completely buying it outright.

Its not in comcast interest to own this park at all compared to Japan...its 100% licensed (they make money and spend nothing on it) nor is it profitable to own like USJ as USS is sold with package deals to Sentosa resort. USJ makes a killing; USS makes less than USH.

I hope they take the time and go back to the drawing board on Minion Park in that case. Replacing an animatronic-driven dark boat ride with a 31-year old simulator is not the ride move IMO.

Reactions: malice
I hope they take the time and go back to the drawing board on Minion Park in that case. Replacing an animatronic-driven dark boat ride with a 31-year old simulator is not the ride move IMO.

Surprisingly, a motion simulator at that park wouldn't be the worst option. It only has Transformers and Shrek 4D as screen-based attractions.

They're probably going to spend more money adding in tired Minion Mayhem than if they would've rethemed the existing ride to Minions. Sad to lose an original ride for a clone and boat ride for a screen ride. RIP

Just visited this park for the first time this past weekend and it was interesting!

Out of the all the Universal parks I've been to (USF, IOA, and USH), I gotta say this is the prettiest. The theming and details were "Disney-level" (as much as i hate that term) and it trickled down into interiors of buildings, even restaurants. It was like IOA plus'd, especially how the lands flowed into each other (my favorite transition being leaving the New York section seeing an ad for cars of the future to end up in Sci-Fi city).

By far the highlight land for me was Far Far Away, it is crazy how that never made it out to the US. It has all the character from the movie sprinkled around the land, including adult jokes. It truly is the Wizarding World-esque land for Shrek fans. The Shrek Waffle was a fun snack and the restaurant called Goldilocks that had it also had a special kind of porridge (a fun easter egg) and the fairy godmother's potion (which came with a full on plastic potion bottle and cork). The junior dragon coaster was surprisingly really fun and it packed in so many characters from the movies as static figures and props (kinda Velocicoaster style). There was also Shrek merch which is hard to find out in USH (some fun, some typical). However, the low light of the land was unfortunately the Puss in Boots coaster, that ride's animatronics were awful (a theme I noticed with this park that I'll get to later) and the paint was chipping drastically on them and other props. It's a ride with an identity crisis, they should demolish it honestly. Another bummer was Shrek's swamp being closed for Minions construction (which demolition for was in progress but the Shrek swamp and the Madagascar ship and show building looked still intact).

Other highlights:
- The Cylon side of Battlestar Galactica. It's a very fun and smooth inverted coaster with a very fun launch that takes you by surprise. Riding it at night during HHN was a vibe. I also got duels.
- The Mummy exterior (such a tall building), land (they went all out honestly), and queue were amazing, definitely the best looking Mummy ride and area surrounding it. However even though the track layout is the same, I still think Orlando's is best with the upgraded in-ride elements, but Singapore's is definitely the scariest/creepiest. The restaurant in the land also had some shockingly decent Indian food.
- The menus around the park were fun and had cool food. Jurassic park even had a fun dino egg rice ball thing that came in a cool Jurassic Park happy meal-esque box.
- Sci-fi city is aesthetically a better tomorrowland than Disney's tomorrowland. There's so many little details everywhere too.
- New York and Hollywood areas were very pretty to look at. The New York section alley was closed for the HHN laser tag experience (the best horror thing I ever done honestly, I felt like I was in a horror shooter game), but it looked good.
- Meet and greet game was very strong for Halloween. Besides the typical Minions dressed up for Halloween, you had Shrek and Fiona and Sesame Street characters all in Halloween costumes. The HHN Dark Zodiac scarezone in New York doubled functioned as the Count's castle meet and greet lol
- Sesame street ride was a fun fever dream. Felt like the successor of E.T. in parts.

One thing that was just alright at this park was the Lights, Camera, Action show. It's not bad by any means, but I think Twister is more fun than just watching some fire on water and some things dropping into water.

Now for the bad with this park. The animatronics in all rides (except sesame street) seemed like they needed A LOT of help. You'd have rides with beautiful interiors, but really bad animatronics. The operations were also not the best all around as the park seemed to still be recovering from covid shutdowns with many restaurants and shops closed. Also some team members didn't seem to know when some things will be open.

Other lowlights:
- JP rapids adventure was closed :( The JP flyer ride doesn't give you much view of the ride either, it's not worth a long wait and single rider was closed (just a heads up).
- Battlestar Galactica Human side is a waste honestly.
- Transformer's screens in places looked not sharp and effects were broken. However some screens that are usually weird at USH were not at USS so that was nice. It's the same ride, just some proportions are different, however the queue was different and there were some fun things in there.
- Don't bother with treasure hunters unless there is no wait at the end of the day (only reason i did it). The theming is nice but the animatronics and ride itself is not good.
- No wait time boards.
- A jurassic park experience was shown in the app but didn't exist in real life. That whole area felt pretty dead with the rapids ride not operational.
- Late start and early close (I did stay for HHN so this didn't really bother me THAT much)

Overall, it's a fun little park (it is surprisingly small, you can walk across it in 5 minutes), but it needs some better ride upkeep, animatronics, and operations. More things to do wouldn't hurt either I guess, losing the Madagascar land seemed like a huge loss as what was still up looked awesome.

Last edited:
Just visited this park for the first time this past weekend and it was interesting!

Out of the all the Universal parks I've been to (USF, IOA, and USH), I gotta say this is the prettiest. The theming and details were "Disney-level" (as much as i hate that term) and it trickled down into interiors of buildings, even restaurants. It was like IOA plus'd, especially how the lands flowed into each other (my favorite transition being leaving the New York section seeing an ad for cars of the future to end up in Sci-Fi city).

By far the highlight land for me was Far Far Away, it is crazy how that never made it out to the US. It has all the character from the movie sprinkled around the land, including adult jokes. It truly is the Wizarding World-esque land for Shrek fans. The Shrek Waffle was a fun snack and the restaurant called Goldilocks that had it also had a special kind of porridge (a fun easter egg) and the fairy godmother's potion (which came with a full on plastic potion bottle and cork). The junior dragon coaster was surprisingly really fun and it packed in so many characters from the movies as static figures and props (kinda Velocicoaster style). There was also Shrek merch which is hard to find out in USH (some fun, some typical). However, the low light of the land was unfortunately the Puss in Boots coaster, that ride's animatronics were awful (a theme I noticed with this park that I'll get to later) and the paint was chipping drastically on them and other props. It's a ride with an identity crisis, they should demolish it honestly. Another bummer was Shrek's swamp being closed for Minions construction (which demolition for was in progress for but the swamp and the Madagascar ship and show building looked still intact).

Other highlights:
- The Cylon side of Battlestar Galactica. It's a very fun and smooth inverted coaster with a very fun launch that takes you by surprise. Riding it at night during HHN was a vibe. I also got duels.
- The Mummy exterior (such a tall building), land (they went all out honestly), and queue were amazing, definitely the best looking Mummy ride and area surrounding it. However even though the track layout is the same, I still think Orlando's is best with the upgraded in-ride elements, but Singapore's is definitely the scariest/creepiest. The restaurant in the land also had some shockingly decent Indian food.
- The menus around the park were fun and had cool food. Jurassic park even had a fun dino egg rice ball thing that came in a cool Jurassic Park happy meal-esque box.
- Sci-fi city is aesthetically a better tomorrowland than Disney's tomorrowland. There's so many little details everywhere too.
- New York and Hollywood areas were very pretty to look at. The New York section alley was closed for the HHN laser tag experience (the best horror thing I ever done honestly, I felt like I was in a horror shooter game), but it looked good.
- Meet and greet game was very strong for Halloween. Besides the typical Minions dressed up for Halloween, you had Shrek and Fiona and Sesame Street characters all in Halloween costumes. The HHN Dark Zodiac scarezone in New York doubled functioned as the Count's castle meet and greet lol
- Sesame street ride was a fun fever dream. Felt like the successor of E.T. in parts.

One thing that was just alright at this park was the Lights, Camera, Action show. It's not bad by any means, but I think Twister is more fun than just watching some fire on water and some things dropping into water.

Now for the bad with this park. The animatronics in all rides (except sesame street) seemed like they needed A LOT of help. You'd have rides with beautiful interiors, but really bad animatronics. The operations were also not the best all around as the park seemed to still be recovering from covid shutdowns with many restaurants and shops closed. Also some team members didn't seem to know when some things will be open.

Other lowlights:
- JP rapids adventure was closed :( The JP flyer ride doesn't give you much view of the ride either, it's not worth a long wait and single rider was closed (just a heads up).
- Battlestar Galactica Human side is a waste honestly.
- Transformer's screens in places looked not sharp and effects were broken. However some screens that are usually weird at USH were not at USS so that was nice. It's nearly the same ride, just some proportions are different, however the queue was different and there were some fun things in there.
- Don't bother with treasure hunters unless there is no wait at the end of the day (only reason i did it). The theming is nice but the animatronics and ride itself is not good.
- No wait time boards.
- A jurassic park experience was shown in the app but didn't exist in real life. That whole area felt pretty dead with the rapids ride not operational.
- Late start and early close (I did stay for HHN so this didn't really bother me THAT much)

Overall, it's a fun little park (it is surprisingly small, you can walk across it in 5 minutes), but it needs some better ride upkeep, animatronics, and operations. More things to do wouldn't hurt either I guess, losing the Madagascar land seemed like a huge loss as what was still up looked awesome.
Thanks for the interesting review. We rarely see in depth reviews on this park.

They're probably going to spend more money adding in tired Minion Mayhem than if they would've rethemed the existing ride to Minions. Sad to lose an original ride for a clone and boat ride for a screen ride. RIP
Actually the Madagascar A Crate Adventure show building is going to be torn down and the USS version of SNW will go there.

Minions are very popular, and they don't require viewers to speak English, so they play well globally.

English is an official language of Singapore. Everything is pretty much English first there.

Last month there was concept art provided in a Genting Group PowerPoint for Minion land at USS. It is now slated for a late 2024 opening.

This is concept art that has already been circulating

Reactions: Nico
1692223084188.png

Is Minion land taking that entire space or just part of it? I know they're building the Minion Mayhem show building in the upper right.

View attachment 19508

Is Minion land taking that entire space or just part of it? I know they're building the Minion Mayhem show building in the upper right.
I would say the entire space. The Singapore SNW will go in place of the Madagascar showbuilding for the area where you walk into and explore and the Mario Kart building will expand outwards into what is currently retail and dining.

According to Dejiki, it looks as if the Elmo theater show that they do in the Pantages building is being replaced with a show called Trolls Hug Time Jubilee

Interestingly, Shrek 4D is temporarily unavailable. With the Waterworld closure that leaves very little in the way of sit-down entertainment.

Take this with a grain of salt, but ScreamScape is claiming that they are talks of USS expanding by taking over one of the golf courses next door
'IF' that turned out to be true the golf course next door has a bigger acreage than USJ ie it would be a massive expansion space.

I highly doubt it though.

oh dear god it's the USH Golf Course talk now on a global level
The difference here being that I believe Sentosa own the golf course so could decide this if they wanted to.