Universal To Start New Advertising Campaign | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal To Start New Advertising Campaign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Very well done, but needs more Suess and SpongeBob IMO.

That was really beautiful! :smiley: I always love slow mo :thumbs:

Very well done, but needs more Suess and SpongeBob IMO.

Maybe in future ads? They need to show some toddlers and parents too, with wonder in their eyes. Get on that demographic at least a bit. This seemed to focus a lot on Potter and thrill rides, with just a quick glimpse of the Minion dance party. Like going for pre-teens and up. Though I guess that's UOR's main demo right now.

Maybe once the Simpsons spinner is in, plus another JP family-friendly ride, and hopefully a KidZone refresh too, then they can have a really strong set of rides/attractions to feature for the smaller guests. Kidzone needs help fast, in the form of rides. Too much show and play area. It needs a ride that's slow and colorful, like an omnimover type ride. I might even go as far as suggesting to move or remove the Woody mini coaster, which is neither here nor there, plus it's too short of an experience. But I'm going off on a tangent... What I'm getting at, is that hopefully the next few years will see more smaller-kid friendly HQ attractions to get more of that demo and business :thumbs:

I wonder if the line "Don't just take it" line is a subliminal dig at Disney, and lack of new stuff and ever increasing price?

Last edited:
I wonder if the line "Don't just take it" line is a subliminal dig at Disney, and lack of new stuff and ever increasing price?

I bet it is. The whole thing is done in a very Disney style, but comes off better to the GP since it actually includes attractions built in the last 5 years.

Last edited:
Great commercials, Uni. I really enjoy the "real" look about everything, as past commercials have been full of CGI that was pretty distracting.

Great commercials, Uni. I really enjoy the "real" look about everything, as past commercials have been full of CGI that was pretty distracting.

I agree about the real life shots and phantom cam usage to capture he emotion, it's very powerful.

"Like You Mean It" definitely seems to be the key slogan of 2013, at least based on the new panels of the front page of Uni's site.

iRlVkpAzYfIFe.png

il6oKhEXpyOCR.png

iKD80Fjv8AAug.png

ieJiPHscGq2be.png

ibcQWv0MWaQr4s.png

iltUqEBgqcZCz.png

Last edited:
It's like a semi-less cheesy version of a Disney advertisement - only better... I like it a lot, feels strange to see something like this coming from Uni. But hopefully it'll encourage more families to come and see what they have to offer.

Seems like Disney thinks they are a big battleship. I think they are more like a famous old Oceanliner that they just rearranged the deck chairs on.

It's a very good tag line, and it fits the company's current mantra well. They are certainly building up and improving their parks like they mean it. Bravo!