Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

I was really impressed with Universal's Cinematic Celebration, which has a lot to share in concept with World of Color. I saw it twice in December and thought that it was really heads and tails above the previous Universal lagoon show. This show was worthy of a Disney evening show. Very entertaining and so much going on with the wonderful projections in addition to the fountains and water screen scenes, that you really need to see it multiple times to get the full effect. I'm very much looking forward to viewing it when we go back in May.....Quick story...we were staying at Portofino and had a top floor full balcony on the bay. It was evening, a bit chilly and clear skies, but we were drinking wine out on the balcony with our winter coats on. All of a sudden we felt the ground vibrate with thundering sounds. I was puzzled at first, but then I realized it was the Cinematic Celebration scene with the Jurassic park clip playing over at USF. Now that's a pretty decent distance from the park to Portofino, but it illustrates the sound power of that scene. We have been at Portofino many times in the past and watched the fireworks from the former lagoon show. But never did we experience the vibrations from the music all the way over at Portofino....That's one hell of an effect.

World of Color has not changed. They are showing the same show as before, minus the villain scene being replaced by pirates.
I just remember everyone here saying there was a set of themes presented in World of Color that made it somehow have a story and connect better. I just saw it live and to me its just a bunch of clips. Maybe the pirates addition changed something. I get the emotions. It brought me back to my childhood and, therefore made it emotional. I don't see the difference in the two shows besides the World of Color being bigger and having more depth with non lined water screen projections, but they also have more room to work with. Note: I haven't seen the Universal one live yet. Still waiting to see it!!

I'm not saying I didn't like World of Color. I was just expecting something different.

Finally saw this for the first time back in August. It was ok. I liked the one that was before this one better. Its still a good show but I liked seeing all of universals movies not just the popular ones. Plus I absolutely despise trolls.

I just remember everyone here saying there was a set of themes presented in World of Color that made it somehow have a story and connect better. I just saw it live and to me its just a bunch of clips. Maybe the pirates addition changed something. I get the emotions. It brought me back to my childhood and, therefore made it emotional. I don't see the difference in the two shows besides the World of Color being bigger and having more depth with non lined water screen projections, but they also have more room to work with. Note: I haven't seen the Universal one live yet. Still waiting to see it!!

I'm not saying I didn't like World of Color. I was just expecting something different.

World of Color used themes of sky, space, under water, etc and then had film moments for each. PotC is the most filmy part (remove it disney) but the rest is pretty artistic or interpretive. Lots of new animation segments and such. Love the giant laser Zurg for example.

World of Color used themes of sky, space, under water, etc and then had film moments for each. PotC is the most filmy part (remove it disney) but the rest is pretty artistic or interpretive. Lots of new animation segments and such. Love the giant laser Zurg for example.

The show was built around elements, exactly. The original show we never saw was more firmly rooted in this, but the show that debuted in 2010 (with the full villain/fire sequence) was pure magic. They did slightly ruin it by removing that.

The show starts with water/ocean, works its way to sky/air, then earth/nature, then fire. Ending with a dash of magic.

Thanks for the update. I hope they work on the show some during this period too.
The middle projection needs work. Last few times I’ve seen the show, the outer projections have looked good, but the middle one is always hard to see. Not sure how fixable it is as it seems to be fuzzy from the water that is being shot up from the fountains.

The middle projection needs work. Last few times I’ve seen the show, the outer projections have looked good, but the middle one is always hard to see. Not sure how fixable it is as it seems to be fuzzy from the water that is being shot up from the fountains.

They might still be having issues with the projector housings.

Universal Studios Cinematic Spectacular - Visualization Animatic

This is a visualization of an outdoor video projection show now featured at Universal Studios Florida. This is a multilayered, outdoor video projection on 7 water screens and 4 background building projections.

ABOUT
Universal Studios Cinematic Spectacular
Epic Cinema Under The Stars

An epic new show is lighting up the night at Universal Studios Florida™ with a colossal celebration of music, water and light that transforms the park and takes you into the movies like never before.

As music from the world's biggest films fills the air, scores of shining, dancing fountains erupt. Massive walls of water blaze with incredible movie moments and powerful projections bring the entire waterfront into the movies. You'll see and hear roaring dinosaurs from Jurassic World, feel the adrenaline rush of high-speed cars from Fast & Furious, watch the mischievous antics of the Minions from Illumination's Despicable Me, and so much more.

Don't miss the amazing new show that’s making nights at Universal Studios™ brighter and bolder than ever.