Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When they construct the park, people will complain that they are cutting restaurants. When they open the park, people will complain that there are too many restaurants and not enough rides.
Nah, as long as it sells unique drinks and tasty food, people won't care especially locals. It's not like people go to world showcase for the rides...

Investing in constructing more areas for well designed food stands is still a win even if they do cut restaurants.

Reactions: Jake S
Do we? Are we expecting the same thing they have done at hollywood and japan? based on the concept art, it seems more elaborate then the other 2.

I think ours is a exact copy of Japan's. We might have a little more room to spread out but the layout is supposedly the same.

Edit: looking at the video from Japan, there entrance doesn't have the stuff on top of the warp pipe like ours will

^ compare that. . .
Super-Nintendo-World-Entrance-Super-Star-Plaza-Sign-5573053-scaled.jpeg

to this. . .
Epic-Art-Nintendo-close-scaled.jpg

That does not look like it will be the same.
Didn’t @Alicia say ours would have an escalator inside the pipe or was that someone else?

Not talking about entry methods, more of the aesthetics, the way the design the portal

Last edited:
^ compare that. . .

to this. . .
That does not look like it will be the same.

Not talking about entry methods, more of the aesthetics, the way the design the portal

Possibly but keep in mind, when Universal released that concept art of the park they had not announced any of the "lands". So they were hiding a lot of Super Nintendo'esque iconography. Even the interior of the SNW in that art doesn't look like any version of the built SNW's. No blocks, or hills or clouds, or pipes, or Bowser's castle. Even the entry portal is a square arch as opposed to the round warp pipe.

Now you're arguing the semantics of the art lol. Bowsers castle is right there. Of course they will not include instantly recognizable elements in the concept art, just like with the texas park. All I am saying is I am expecting something similar to the concept art just like how what is being built for monsters is very similar to the concept art.

Thank you! lol lol
Ok, you win this round :p. My original thought still stands, I am more intrigued by the Monsters portal.

These portals are almost like the great theming Universal does for the front of the houses during HHN. Builds anticipation, very iconic and gives each land its own creative flair while still keeping the four lands structurally tied together.

Ok, you win this round :p. My original thought still stands, I am more intrigued by the Monsters portal.

These portals are almost like the great theming Universal does for the front of the houses during HHN. Builds anticipation, very iconic and gives each land its own creative flair while still keeping the four lands structurally tied together.
Monsters is really great. I am hoping there are sounds and effects to accompany the tower atop it too!!!

Monsters is really great. I am hoping there are sounds and effects to accompany the tower atop it too!!!
Same. Kind of like the feeling you get when walking through the Jurassic Park gates and the theme music is playing.

Same. Kind of like the feeling you get when walking through the Jurassic Park gates and the theme music is playing.
I’d love for them to use the rain/or even better lightning projections at night in the land. Use the effect that’s in the JP tribute store.

Last edited: