Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I dunno how much we owe Bio, but it’s definitely a lot. The man is a machine and we’re going to have these pics for a long time. It’s cool as hell.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the coolest aspects of this whole project is we have awesome folks like Bio and @Alicia giving us in-depth photos, reporting and documentation all throughout it. It's something special since one, we don't often get a new major theme park of this scale built often over here and two, even with major parks being built overseas, we really don't get the kind of info and photos that are being provided here!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of the coolest aspects of this whole project is we have awesome folks like Bio and @Alicia giving us in-depth photos, reporting and documentation all throughout it. It's something special since one, we don't often get a new major theme park of this scale built often over here and two, even with major parks being built overseas, we really don't get the kind of info and photos that are being provided here!
If I ever meet Bio, or @Alicia I am buying you both drinks! You’ve made this much more an experience of anticipation I’ll never forget frankly. Not just cause of the Stella resort but I’ll always appreciate Alicia’s reporting on this and will forever associate the park with that coverage, in a very positive light.

Cheers to both of you!

Interesting how these two photos give a prospective on how different japan and orlando will be!

(from bio)
F7PNOV6WsAE9QcW

(from @imaiko02 on instagram)
super-nintendo-world-aerial-construction-universal-studios-japan.jpg

Between this actually being built, Cassini back to more than just an outdoor market, and Meteor Burger possibly becoming Meteor Astropub, suddenly doesn’t seem like they cut much anymore.
I noticed this to as I've shown in Bio's photo as you see a backstage gate and the start of a large building.
Thing is they need to hide HTTYD from the hub. One way is to plant large trees who later need to be removed again when the building that was meant to be in that place needs to be build.
Trees and the planting process isn't cheap and I think the cost they initially would save isn't as much as just building the building.

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico
I noticed this to as I've shown in Bio's photo as you see a backstage gate and the start of a large building.
Thing is they need to hide HTTYD from the hub. One way is to plant large trees who later need to be removed again when the building that was meant to be in that place needs to be build.
Trees and the planting process isn't cheap and I think the cost they initially would save isn't as much as just building the building.
May as well take advantage of the concrete plant on site while it's here.

What’s going on with Cassini?
I don't know, but the long wall they built doesn't match the current permitted plans at all. This looks much bigger, and yet, still not the same as the original plans.

Today was a good day as I road my first X-wing coaster and road this thing called Pixarus in Toverland.
The ride packs more of a punch than I expected as you feel different forces going up and down.
Did I spin? Hell no, talk to me when you are 57.
I didn't see many people try to spin and those did weren't very successful.

Fun detail, you can see boxes on the ground. They are fixed on the floor and are there to put in glasses, back-packs. hats and other stuff.
hq720.jpg

Bioreconstruct has awesome photo's of this ride at EU.
F7QxnEgXYAAZ_7w

Two photo's of an awesome boat ride. The views where great and it had a dark ride portion that was so much fun.
Mom (78) and I had a blast. (Please Universal, install a boat ride!)

boat ride.jpg
boat ride 2.jpg

I am very much a novice when it comes to theme parks ops, but doesn't this seem like it will have very low capacity?
Twelve riders per attraction times two is 24. This ride doesn't fit small riders, tall riders or anyone who is to "big" (hips/legs, belly). That will lower the group who is able to ride it. There is a lift off and landing movement where the whole arm lifts up and then the vehicles are set loose (so they can spin). Where I did the ride we did spin 6 or 7 times round. It didn't feel too short but it won't be a people eater.

Last edited:
Today was a good day as I road my first X-wing coaster and road this thing called Pixarus in Toverland.
The ride packs more of a punch than I expected as you feel different forces going up and down.
Did I spin? Hell no, talk to me when you are 57.
I didn't see many people try to spin and those did weren't very successful.

Fun detail, you can see boxes on the ground. They are fixed on the floor and are there to put in glasses, back-packs. hats and other stuff.
hq720.jpg

Bioreconstruct has awesome photo's of this ride at EU.
F7QxnEgXYAAZ_7w
Good to know! I'm getting to the point where I can't do the spinning as much anymore either, although I may have to do one spin when I ride just so I know how bad it its. I used to love the Intamin stunt pilot rides when they spun, but it was under my control a lot more with that one.

Reactions: tielo
Twelve riders per attraction times two is 24. This ride doesn't fit small riders, tall riders or anyone who is to "big" (hips/legs, belly). That will lower the group who is able to ride it. There is a lift off and landing movement where the whole arm lifts up and then the vehicles are set loose (so they can spin). Where I did the ride we did spin 6 or 7 times round. It didn't feel too short but it won't be a people eater.
Define tall...

I am very much a novice when it comes to theme parks ops, but doesn't this seem like it will have very low capacity?
I would think that it would have as much capacity as a Disney flat ride (Aladdin's Carpet, etc.). I don't think the ride will be more than a couple of minutes per group.

Edit: I take that back. Aladdin has 16 vehicles seating four each. Running at a minute and a half.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnHammondsCane
I would think that it would have as much capacity as a Disney flat ride (Aladdin's Carpet, etc.). I don't think the ride will be more than a couple of minutes per group.

The best case scenario is ~400ish guests an hour with no downtime. Maybe 500 if you get the Velocicoaster crew down here 1696270767785.png

Reactions: GA-MBIT