Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This stuff that Universal doing is just next level. I am a bit concerned how this park is going to handle big rain storms....hopefully once the park infrastructure is built out and finished....it will not be a problem.

Reactions: Ahmanet and GA-MBIT
2 observations -

HTTYD topper appears to be a working wind vain. Two different angles but it's still facing the camera almost head-on.

httydvain.jpg

And the second observation is the portal colors!

Wow, the Potter entrance is amazing ... wasn't expecting something so tall or fancy.

The portals could be their own merch line.
The portals have slight color variations with the center band being distinctly different. So far we have HTTYD with light or sky blue and HP/WW with a dark or forest green color. Can't wait to see what the other portals will look like! Monsters will probably be dark grey or maroon perhaps?

euportals.jpg

I would almost expect miniatures of each of these portals. And yes I would get absolutely get them as someone who doesn't buy a lot of merch. Plz Universal.

This stuff that Universal doing is just next level. I am a bit concerned how this park is going to handle big rain storms....hopefully once the park infrastructure is built out and finished....it will not be a problem.
Ride testing. Check. Extreme weather testing. Check. I expect opening day to go on without a hitch, rain or shine! :lol:

I'm actually impressed the carousel base hasn't flooded. I assume there is actually some infrastructure or equipment in place to handle the recent rains?

I expected a bit more from the Potter portal I won’t lie. I don’t hate it, feels sophisticated which this land will present as so, it makes sense. Hyped to see Nintendo’s, but Monsters so far wins for me.

With the Nintendo agreement, they may not have had much choice to plus the portal for SNW. The green pipe, though, ties in perfectly with the game and the movie as well. So, it is more iconic. Monsters portal is probably the most detailed, although I would have preferred two working Tesla coils instead of just the one.

Reactions: Ahmanet
With the Nintendo agreement, they may not have had much choice to plus the portal for SNW. The green pipe, though, ties in perfectly with the game and the movie as well. So, it is more iconic. Monsters portal is probably the most detailed, although I would have preferred two working Tesla coils instead of just the one.
They tried an outdoor tesla coil at Universal before. It failed miserably.

I expected a bit more from the Potter portal I won’t lie. I don’t hate it, feels sophisticated which this land will present as so, it makes sense. Hyped to see Nintendo’s, but Monsters so far wins for me.
I agree on the Potter portal. I’m thinking the arch after the portal will do the heavy lifting when it comes to theming.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Nico
Monsters portal is probably the most detailed, although I would have preferred two working Tesla coils instead of just the one.

They tried an outdoor tesla coil at Universal before. It failed miserably.

Yeah, while tesla coils are neat, the only ones I've seen that work fairly reliably are very small-scale ones. (eg, the one in Electro's scene in Spider-Man.) But BPB's Valhalla and HHN 14's Point of Evil showed that anything bigger just doesn't work in a theme park.