Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

Universal has never been accused of underselling things.

God I hope it's not the "Hub is Open for Everyone!" plan reappearing
Idc I’m happy and loved all the wording lol. We’ve also already heard how great it supposedly will be so I’m all aboard the hype train and may even conduct it lol, not feeling ashamed with this feeling today at least haha.

I personally think the huh is open at a certain time is a great idea personally but I do want to see the park design more.

Well now time to start saving for a BIG 2025 trip. I wanna be there for 2 weeks at least lol.

Last estimates before the pause were potentially for a summer 2023 opening.

They shut down work last June/July and now should be back up to full steam by this June/July. So hopefully that means they are only year behind and we see this for 2024.

But at this point I'm just ecstatic they're starting up again. If it ends up as 2025 then so be it.

...I'm intensely curious about where the hell this Entertainment center is.
Possibly connected to one of the other 2 hotels (not the one at the end of the park) have the entertainment center and rooms above everything? That’s my only theory unless that’s how they’re referring to the hub but I don’t get that vibe

My initial thought on entertainment center was they are adding a citiwalk. But after reflection it also says hotels, as in plural. The entertainment center could be a phase 2 deal as, as far as we know, there’s only one hotel in the opening plan.

with its proximity to the convention center, I think it’s dumb not to have an entertainment district of some sort.

My initial thought on entertainment center was they are adding a citiwalk. But after reflection it also says hotels, as in plural. The entertainment center could be a phase 2 deal as, as far as we know, there’s only one hotel in the opening plan.

with its proximity to the convention center, I think it’s dumb not to have an entertainment district of some sort.

If they're going a Beijing route, it could be possible that they launch with 2 hotels and not just one.

Universal Beijing Resort will be having their in-park hotel, and another being the NUO next to the parks similar to Hard Rock.

I never doubted it but I'm still get they start this soon. Great not to wait until every developer is ready for construction and prices go up. Smart move Universal. Now show us this can be done in just 3 years.

Let's try to move the talk over to the General Thread and just leave this for strictly construction updates going forward.

I just drove past the EU site on Destination Parkway on my way to and from Loews, and they are still working on the project along the perimeter, with a concrete pump truck pouring something today right near the "Public Road" construction entrance. The WESH 2 new crew was setup in the median across from the work, so it may show up on today's new broadcast.

It was really interesting to see what appears to be a nursery set up just to the north east of the giant retention pond, along the edge of the Shingle Creek nature preserve area. A variety of palms and other trees all planted in a little grove up there. It seems to be a recent addition since I've neve seen it before (and I drive past there a couple of times a week). I'll have to check Bio's recent aerials to make sure it's not just something I never noticed...

Would it be too hasty to do predictions for when we'll see the first steel beams go up? Ala Velocicocaster opening predictions?

I am hoping for some Bio flyovers soon, although I realize that there probably won't be any changes for a little while yet. In my mind, I was picturing a bunch of bulldozers and backhoes just running idly until the move to renew construction was made. Then, all of them would flow in an unstoppable way towards the construction site.

I really watched too much Tex Avery when I was young.