Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
thanks!

using (seems ancient now) a Canon eos 70D w/ a zoom lens (55-250)
I have an even older early 00s EOS from before DLSRs were fashionable. I have thought about taking that with me on my upcoming trip just to get some from Icon, i suspect my Samsung phone Camera is better though

Can see the footers started on the BOH offices, probably management ones, there on the left. thats a three storey building theyre putting there
here are a few more that I found interesting

View attachment 16087

I have an even older early 00s EOS from before DLSRs were fashionable. I have thought about taking that with me on my upcoming trip just to get some from Icon, i suspect my Samsung phone Camera is better though

Can see the footers started on the BOH offices, probably management ones, there on the left. thats a three storey building theyre putting there

not sure why I did not take some pics with my phone (nor why I did not bring another lens with me). I not really a fan of 'electronic' zoom that phones seem to use. I also wish I hadn't gone on a Sunday as I would rather have observed a work day.

not sure why I did not take some pics with my phone (nor why I did not bring another lens with me). I not really a fan of 'electronic' zoom that phones seem to use. I also wish I hadn't gone on a Sunday as I would rather have observed a work day.
I have the Samsung 21 Ultra and the 10x optical lens is good for 2-3 miles but I'd rather have nicer photos. So definitely considering bringing that camera. I'm impressed by the views from there.

Looks like you found yourself a job as our reporter on the ground haha

Reactions: Ahmanet
Is that new drop tower on I-Drive even taller than the wheel, ha?

Gonna have to drive by the work site before my next Dock Side check in for sure.

This looks like forms for tilt-up construction of this BOH building:

It's fascinating to see so much different construction across various portions of the project.

Yeah, tilt up is the way to go on the warehouses, and with them having a concrete plant on site, makes sense to pour them on site. I could see them using that method on some of the ride buildings honestly.

Reactions: Suchomimus
If some of the Back of House functions on the original campus are moving to Epic ... maybe could mean room for expansion at Studios / IOA.

At the least I hope they could optimize HHN house locations / structures.

Reactions: MI1287 and RFRees
If some of the Back of House functions on the original campus are moving to Epic ... maybe could mean room for expansion at Studios / IOA.

At the least I hope they could optimize HHN house locations / structures.

Some could move, some might need to be duplicated, some might split between the new and old campus. Probably a mix.

Just speculation on my part, but while I'd imagine they'll have a building similar to B-2 (general purpose building for some BOH divisions that also houses TeamCare and TM ID processing and training rooms/conference rooms) I don't see very many TMs with UOR scope moving over there.