Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Have any of the actors been confirmed for the current ride? I thought Imelda Staunton (Umbridge) was. Do we know any others? I don't think they will ever get the main three back. Maybe Arthur Weasley.

Snape, Dumbledore, Voldemort and Belatrix would be out in this timeline if this takes place after the movies.
Imelda Staunton as Umbridge could probably carry an entire dark ride by herself. She was outstanding in the movies.

There was an attraction planned (but canceled) so there is a budget and intention to have something opening there asap. I don't think it will take years. It wouldn't surprise me if they start building it straight after the opening of Epic Universe (if they find the right attraction for it).
Wouldn't surprise me if they went for a Dance Macabre (Efteling) kind of ride (2 copies for guest flow) and maybe some additional additions to the ride to make it unique.

They put in that extra pump house (complete with pumps) in volcano bay in anticipation of a phase two. Still haven't seen progress there.

Just because the building and infrastructure is there doesn't mean it's coming any time soon.

The only thing that makes me apprehensive about that ride coming to universal, especially in a potter section, is that it would heavily rely on screens to really convey the characters and story.

Unfortunately a screen base attraction is required for this kind of set up, its not a space issue like some situations,

You could have every scene have animatronics of the characters instead of screens but creative would probably prefer to put money into a more exciting ride vehicle (the scoop)

however considering the rumoured plot has a detail that sounds very similar to the party piece scene of the new JW attraction in Beijing Where the Dino chases the ride vehicle as a full size animatronic though in HP this would probably be the Rino thing from FB

Still lets put it on the bright side, this ride would be a hybrid dark ride if using screens in the first place

In a park where every other attraction is physical based 1 hybrid dark ride is acceptable

and if they balance it right people wont even notice or more likely care about the screens

Especially if the ministry is taking a page out of ROTR with the scale of certain sets

They put in that extra pump house (complete with pumps) in volcano bay in anticipation of a phase two. Still haven't seen progress there.

Just because the building and infrastructure is there doesn't mean it's coming any time soon.
I have now knowledge of the pump house at VB. I base my observation on the fact the CEO of Comcast mentioned the only regret he had was not continuing EU construction during covid and the fact Universal sees a growing number of visitors. It would be logical they want to mature EU as fast as possible to accommodate their guests by offering them rides to go on. But you are right, it's not a sure thing.

Is it less likely Universal would hold off on the second HP attraction for phase two, meaning it would open along with the rumored Black Lagoon ride as an example and/or other park enhancements? Or could they really want to have the land not seem incomplete for too long and build sooner than later?

Is it possible at this point they might even simply wait to see if it’s needed? I doubt the average guest would say it’s incomplete if they have no knowledge there was supposed to be another ride as it currently stands.

Not a big fan of the track colors....but we'll see what the final results are.
It’ll look great when the colors and theme of the central hub come in I’m sure.

They are slapping those coasters down as if it was nothing, LOVE IT!
Now it's waiting for the Classic Monsters track, I'm shivering in anticipation.
They have added a handful of new footers over the last week, but I don't believe Monsters coaster track has been imported yet. Maybe it was bundled in with one of those "137th delivery of amusement ride proj" shipments, who knows

At this rate Epic might beat Tron to opening a new coaster.

All kidding aside, imagine all the coaster testing they will have to do with this park (and I am not forgetting non coaster ride testing).

Reactions: Darko and Coolbfitz
They've done a LOT in the past few weeks. I drove by the other day and I saw a bunch of new stuff that went up recently, including something that looked like Mount Beanpole framing but it was in a different section of the park. DK is getting enclosed and the Universal Blvd hotel is VERY vertical. It's insane.
Yea I notice in the recent bio shots how everything is starting to really take shape. So many buildings have made huge progress.

Oh my!

20221209-085439.jpg