Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a thought, but what if the second "launch" isn't a launch? It might just unlock the spinning for the second half of the ride.
If this were the late 80's to early 90's, you may have had a point but even for the basic reverchon spinning mouse , its literally a toggle piece on that track that is about 3ft long.

If this were the late 80's to early 90's, you may have had a point but even for the basic reverchon spinning mouse , its literally a toggle piece on that track that is about 3ft long.
I'm not saying that whole section of track unlocks the spinning. It could easily be a very short part of it. I'm saying that it might be enclosed inside a building to advance the story and hide it visually.

That looks a lot less extreme. Makes more sense.

Just a thought, but what if the second "launch" isn't a launch? It might just unlock the spinning for the second half of the ride.

the track goes back to ground level so it needs a second launch to get energy to finish the course and get back over the pathways, its gotta cover 1500ft (that we know about) of track, one low hill launch isnt going to cut it

the ride needs more block sections if it wants any kind of meaningful ride capacity for a D ticket.

the track goes back to ground level so it needs a second launch to get energy to finish the course and get back over the pathways, its gotta cover 1500ft (that we know about) of track, one low hill launch isnt going to cut it

the ride needs more block sections if it wants any kind of meaningful ride capacity for a D ticket.
If that's the case, I really don't get the design of this coaster. It's so short.

I wonder if it will come to a halt for a show scene before launching again on the second LSM section. Maybe even coming to a stop, launching backward up the bunny hump and then back forward again. Would work, just a question of cycle time/capacity they want.

Reactions: RFRees
I wonder if it will come to a halt for a show scene before launching again on the second LSM section. Maybe even coming to a stop, launching backward up the bunny hump and then back forward again. Would work, just a question of cycle time/capacity they want.

I'm gonna go change my Twitter password real quick

The shuttle back/forth theory is gaining steam.

It would make this coaster a bit longer without needing more track, so that’s good. But yea, capacity and all. Although capacity already looks pretty bad for this to me, no?

As short as it is, capacity is going to be bad regardless. You are going to be about through the whole thing before the next car is loaded. Add in a stop in the middle and sheesh. Station is same side load and unload and looks too short for continuous load. Maybe if they have a show scene right outside the station to kill some time and add another block, they could pull off a second scene/block at the midcourse launch. So maybe 1 car at load, 1 at first show, 1 at second show, 1 at unload. 20-30 seconds per block? 120-180 cars cycle per hour. Not sure what we are looking at for trains on this, but am assuming 1-2 car trains. So it's not going to be great, but could be not horrible.

The shuttle back/forth theory is gaining steam.

It would make this coaster a bit longer without needing more track, so that’s good. But yea, capacity and all. Although capacity already looks pretty bad for this to me, no?
45 second dispatch (80 X 16 person trains) gets 1280 theoretical, 1100 (50sec dispatch) being more realistic per hour, considerably higher than Donkey Kong.

There's room for 3 trains, one between launch on and brake run. One at unload one in the station.

20230129_201841.jpg

Myself and @Scott W. Are holding out hope there's more layout over the queue and they haven't done footers/track delivery yet.

Failing that....LOTS of trees
wildcard.gif

Idk about more footers, but that is a LOT of electrical conduit sticking up in bunches for not being inside a building.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 8.01.47 PM.png

Reactions: Suchomimus
I wonder if this will come to a full stop like Time Traveler before launching again

It would allow for a fun little show scene before the second half

I agree that the layout seems short, but, maybe they were worried about the spinning aspect