Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea I could see that. But I’m convinced it’ll be LED walls like Villain Con instead.
Since they'll be working with a space that presumably does not need to split with a HHN house space, the media portions of Luigis Mansion should be more akin to the fireworks scene from SLOP with practical set pieces flanking the screen(s) instead of the cheaper looking LED screens on VCMB.

I'm not a fan of most screen-based shooter rides, but I think it's a bit too early to write off this idea entirely. If the screens are integrated with elaborate sets, and especially if it contains some animatronics, then this has the potential to be a very solid attraction.

Nobody's saying don't use any projection technology. But the whole appeal of adapting Nintendo games for theme parks, to me, is to see them translated into three-dimensional, physical space. The characters and the environments.

I also think "There's no way to do this without a bunch of screen walls" both does not give Universal Creative enough credit and lets them off the hook for lazy impulses.

Nobody's saying don't use any projection technology. But the whole appeal of adapting Nintendo games for theme parks, to me, is to see them translated into three-dimensional, physical space. The characters and the environments.

I also think "There's no way to do this without a bunch of screen walls" both does not give Universal Creative enough credit and lets them off the hook for lazy impulses.
Nobody’s saying that either…

Stressing this point again.

I'm not a fan of most screen-based shooter rides, but I think it's a bit too early to write off this idea entirely. If the screens are integrated with elaborate sets, and especially if it contains some animatronics, then this has the potential to be a very solid attraction.

I think the best case scenario for a hypothetical Luigi's Mansion ride would be having it like SLoP at Hollywood in terms of the screens/sets. Another user pointed this out but unlike with Minion Blast, they're not confined to a specific layout/space like that attraction is because of Shrek. They have complete freedom to do whatever they want using all that space the expansion pad offers, which isn't a lot but is definitely enough for this ride. Honestly for me, I just want a traditional shooter ride that's basically Haunted Mansion mixed with MiB/Minion Blast/Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin for LM. I know Mario Kart is technically a shooter ride like that, but I consider it more of a dark ride tbh. The sets in that ride are awesome.

I think the best case scenario for a hypothetical Luigi's Mansion ride would be having it like SLoP at Hollywood in terms of the screens/sets. Another user pointed this out but unlike with Minion Blast, they're not confined to a specific layout/space like that attraction is because of Shrek. They have complete freedom to do whatever they want using all that space the expansion pad offers, which isn't a lot but is definitely enough for this ride. Honestly for me, I just want a traditional shooter ride that's basically Haunted Mansion mixed with MiB/Minion Blast/Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin for LM. I know Mario Kart is technically a shooter ride like that, but I consider it more of a dark ride tbh. The sets in that ride are awesome.

If they didn't do this, I was thinking that a wand-based shooter style for Harry Potter would be good. Spells could hit the ride vehicles from the antagonists that would cause the vehicles to spin/lurch while spells landed would increase points. They could make it a House Championship contest with the winner being declared House Champion (ride vehicles would be Griffindoor, Ravenclaw, etc.).

Yea hopefully they are mostly working on the interior by that time so the first impressions of the park won’t be this massive building under construction.
I believe that is why they are doing construction now, so that we won't see open construction on day 1. Even Luigi will be in an area will it won't be as noticeable for the guests.

Reactions: OrlLover
Finished exterior, but blank interior until they finish/give them time to figure out if they need the additional food or add more merchandise space?

Honestly surprised this is back in the cards, the park already has 7 QSR locations prior to this + the 2 table service options. USF has 6 (w/ Cafe La Bamba now closed), and IOA has 11 (w/ Thunder Falls, Pizza Preddatorria, Comic Strip Cafe, and Blondie's typically operating for lunch only).

I'm all for more dining options, but it seems like Epic is decently covered at park open.