Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially
Oooooohhh interesting! My biggest concern with the rumored KUKA system was that it would feel like just a reprise of FJ, especially if the ride is also being set inside of a castle. I'm glad to see they will be a little more ambitious.

With that in mind, looking at the plans, the building looks a bit smaller than FJ. Will there be enough room for something as ambitious as this? Maybe I'm misreading the blueprints? If we're dealing with a Kuka arm roller coaster, there's going to have to be enough space for the arm to clear the scenery without anybody getting hit while it's going fast. The only way I can see them executing this without having the ride be too short is that it will be probably 2/3 "slower" dark ride scenes at FJ pace, and 1/3 coaster scenes like Gringott's. Even then, I wonder what the loading will be like as I can't imagine having omnimover-style loading for individual robocoaster cars.

Also, the second ride will supposedly be a Creature boat ride?

Reactions: therock and jrn14
Also, for what it’s worth, i did see that the Metaluna Mutant and Mole Person we’re part of the UCMs that got funky pops (and hunchback wasn’t). Still think hunchback is more likely to show up on the ride than them (because he was in the hhn house) but honesty they’re all pretty cool

Is hotel blue sky or genuine rumor/speculation? (ps, was that hotel for each land thing people talked about a while ago based on rumor?general question for everyone)

thanks for being so rad btw!
I'd say not genuine because that plot is pretty small and not set up for public road access.

I'm guessing it's an expansion pad for a future ride.

The expansion pad literally says "Phase 2", not future expansion. So the future expansion is already locked into that area.
I wouldn’t say “locked,” but they know what they want to build there. It’s still early in the design phase though. Things could always change, but yea, it’s not just being left open to anything, they have an idea for it.

If I had a nickel for each phase 2 project that never happened...
Well of course, but its in the permits, so should I just ignore it then? We'll see if it happens but they've clearly built or set aside a specific set of land for something. If Monsters does well then id expect them to go ahead with it but the park doesn't open for 4 years so I'm just going off the permits and the articles I've read.

Well of course, but its in the permits, so should I just ignore it then? We'll see if it happens but they've clearly built or set aside a specific set of land for something. If Monsters does well then id expect them to go ahead with it but the park doesn't open for 4 years so I'm just going off the permits and the articles I've read.
I’m more excited for the phase 2 attraction than the main attraction. I’ll be fairly devastated if it gets canned I’ll tell you that.

I’m more excited for the phase 2 attraction than the main attraction. I’ll be fairly devastated if it gets canned I’ll tell you that.
I trust your gut on that 2nd attraction so man I hope it doesn't get cut. Spend your $$$ in the monsters area folks.

It'll certainly be interesting to see when the first expansion for EU happens after opening, and how they tackle expansions and additions in the other parks following the new park. I could see a scenario for the first 10 years of EU thru 2033 where all of the 3 main parks get something each year during that time. For instance: USF gets something for 2024, IOA for 2025, EU for 2026, etc. Should be interesting how they tackle their expansions, and how closely they open to one another. Adding the 3rd full theme park changes this resorts lineup entirely almost.

I trust your gut on that 2nd attraction so man I hope it doesn't get cut. Spend your $$$ in the monsters area folks.

It'll certainly be interesting to see when the first expansion for EU happens after opening, and how they tackle expansions and additions in the other parks following the new park. I could see a scenario for the first 10 years of EU thru 2033 where all of the 3 main parks get something each year during that time. For instance: USF gets something for 2024, IOA for 2025, EU for 2026, etc. Should be interesting how they tackle their expansions, and how closely they open to one another. Adding the 3rd full theme park changes this resorts lineup entirely almost.
I’m just hoping this situation is more like Flying Unicorn and Storm Force, and less like Beastly Kingdom. ;)

Which expansion do you think would be started first the Nintendo expansion (Pokemon right?) or this Monsters phase 2?

A Phase 2 not happening is not a "cut", IMO. History is littered with Phase 2s that don't happen. They don't happen more often than they do. And usually it's because a change in plans, not an unwillingness to spend money.

Beastly Kingdom not opening with DAK was a cut. Helicoptours not happening was a change of plans.
Which expansion do you think would be started first the Nintendo expansion (Pokemon right?) or this Monsters phase 2?

Nintendo. Outside partner they want to keep happy. A Monsters expansion could happen whenever as it's their IP.

Reactions: Magic-Man
*Gets on Soapbox*

I've been doing this for a long time so I'm just speaking from experience. I don't mean this as any slight, but just some observations.

First and foremost, can we worry about the actual damn park being built first before we get into expansion talk?

BUT since we're all focused on Phase 2 talk .... I'd need more hands to count how many times plans don't always work out; whether it be for budgetary reasons, change of direction, priorities shifting, etc. Just off Universal alone, I can give several examples. There's enough historical info out there that indicates that phase 2's, at best, happen in a highly modified fashion. Need I remind you that just a few months ago, we were talking about how Monsters might be the first one cut if budgets don't work out, and now we're talking about Phase 2?

And on the subject of rumor reporting - Alicia has incredible sources, no denying that, but we're reaching a very slippery slope when we start hyping up expansions of a yet to exist theme park. I get it, it's hard to not get excited when you hear an awesome, exciting rumor - but we're reaching a point where the hype machine outweighs the finished product; that what we're getting isn't good enough because of rampant speculation. Again, can't we get excited for a whole new park before postulating on how the 2nd attraction is better than the planned first one?

All I'm trying to say is we should be careful what we report, but also keep our expectations in check a bit. I know Alicia and I would've bet 3 years ago that Nintendo was going to KidZone. The only thing we know we know for certain is anything can happen, and history has shown that to be fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.