Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the broom ride. I believe this is the system they were looking at.

350116000000zqov3008E.jpg

It is group interactive, meaning you interact with the other riders.

In theory, they could literally make a VR Quidditch game. They could even put one in some of the major cities and start leagues and teams. Have the Quidditch World Cup in Orlando.

In theory, they could literally make a VR Quidditch game. They could even put one in some of the major cities and start leagues and teams. Have the Quidditch World Cup in Orlando.

Great idea for a Citywalk upcharge attraction. Idk about this being in EU.

The age range I addressed I already said was inaccurate, I guess what I read was highly wrong?

Didn't really deserve to be called out after I said I was wrong, but ok, lol.

Carry on.

The more I’ve thought of this I’m with others, I can see it but, it’s gotta be daaaammmnnnn good I think for this thing to really work. Part of me feels just VR being offered at such a public level alone is gonna be the draw but I think the VR itself has gotta be high tech.

I doubt it’s interactive enough to be quidditch. That would be an accomplishment. But it would take massive computing power and probably an hour long tutorial for guests

I doubt it’s interactive enough to be quidditch. That would be an accomplishment. But it would take massive computing power and probably an hour long tutorial for guests

I could see it being interactive enough for a game of quidditch but it wouldn’t be long enough for a decent game and playing with the technology inept would be a miserable experience, especially if you have an hour wait.

I could see it being interactive enough for a game of quidditch but it wouldn’t be long enough for a decent game and playing with the technology inept would be a miserable experience, especially if you have an hour wait.
The range of movement the seat would need to do to simulate on-demand for a quidditch game seems *really* unlikely.

The range of movement the seat would need to do to simulate on-demand for a quidditch game seems *really* unlikely.

If the seat is stationary, you can move the broom left, right, up and down for direction and put a grip on the broom to accelerate or slow down.

Trying to explain that to guests while simultaneously explaining the rules of quidditch is going to be a tough sell.

The VR element also sounds like a liability for accidents. People will be stretching out their seat to try and grab an imaginary object.

The bike ride being used as an example is a much easier sell as it's more relatable.

Come on... Battle of the Seven Potters ride.

Besides being a great idea, it does also solve the problem of not having to create an avatar for yourself.

Besides being a great idea, it does also solve the problem of not having to create an avatar for yourself.
Yep. Have any survivor from both it and Battle of Hogwarts (Ron or George, specifically) drop their memory into a pensive. The VR headset is themed as a “pensive shroud” or something similar, which allows multiple people to experience a memory at once. Viola. You ARE (a) Harry Potter, in one of the most significant moments in the series. Frame it as part of a research project by the Ministry to archive everything the Order did to stop Voldemort, and you have an attraction.

Someone didn’t watch my video. :tease:

EDIT: To be clear, half the video is just me talking about that Twilight attraction. It’s definitely the proof of concept for something like this.

Last edited:
I hope everyone's assumptions are correct, I just am afraid they can not hold there own against the other IPS being represented.

Like I have already said, I am not against the Monsters and hope everything pans out nicely, but there's a bug in my brain saying how this could be the first IP to get rid of or retheme later down the road in EU's life
Ummm 29's Monsters cast would like to say a few words..

If that was the route they were going, they could do league nights on Tuesdays or whenever it was dead. It's about guaranteed that groups of Potterheads would form teams for a VR Quidditch league.

There is NO WAY they can make the RV's look like brooms and ride as such. Brooms are already minimal in a sense.

That helped my argument. That is minimal. No place for restraint/seat belt. It's literally a 2 diameter bar with a very small bicycle seat placed atop. The average guest will be turned around even more than they do at Hagrids already.

That helped my argument. That is minimal. No place for restraint/seat belt. It's literally a 2 diameter bar with a very small bicycle seat placed atop. The average guest will be turned around even more than they do at Hagrids already.
I see a seat. I see handlebars. That means you can put whatever you want on a broom to make it more “bike” like. That means you can put a different sort of seat (and seatbelt) on a broom. And if they’re set up in a room oriented towards a screen, and a natural angle where all cues signal the correct direction to face, it’s not hard at all to orient guests.

A lack of creativity doesn’t mean something won’t work. TBH - I can visualize every aspect of a VR broom attraction pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.