Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ministry ride in the Studios is dead. It was moved to FW just like SNW. I just don't see them *not* going with the most iconic and marketable of the Ministries for the big, new park.
They can take the entire ride concept and just rebrand, just as they have done many times in the past. London becomes Paris.

Reactions: jrn14
Not really in the same realm, but for Hogsmeade they didnt go with the iconic and most known dining location in Potter, The Great Hall. So its not like they're afraid to stretch limits a little bit. Paris Ministry is still beautiful as well.

They can take the entire ride concept and just rebrand, just as they have done many times in the past. London becomes Paris.

Sure, that would just be dumb.

Not really in the same realm, but for Hogsmeade they didnt go with the iconic and most known dining location in Potter, The Great Hall. So its not like they're afraid to stretch limits a little bit. Paris Ministry is still beautiful as well.

Yea, but they didn't build The Burrow instead of Hogwarts. That's like what we're talking about doing.

AFAIK the reason they haven't done the Great Hall is due to not being able to meet JK's stringent requirements.

But to add in, I think there's a fairly high chance we see them pivot away from FB to just general HP due to the public's lack of interest (largely due to the poor quality of the films).

Sure, that would just be dumb.

Yea, but they didn't build The Burrow instead of Hogwarts. That's like what we're talking about doing.
Not really though, this is a Fantastic Beasts Land and that takes place in Paris, so they'd do a Paris ministry. This is not specifically Potter movies.

Reactions: jrn14
Well, guess it'll be the Paris ministry then. Wouldn't make sense thematically to have 2 separate London's. I understand your point but they can still make it a Ministry ride and visit the London one, Alicia mentioned on her podcast a patent that makes you go up and down in circles on some kind of track, almost like you're going from room to room. I could see that for being a Newt's suitcase type ride, or a Ministry ride where you travel to all of them and its the shooter thats been discussed. We shall see!

I think you’re too hung up on London. Instead focus on the Potter locations over the muggle ones as they’ll advertise this as Wizarding World of Harry Potter - The Ministry of Magic, not “London”.

Not really though, this is a Fantastic Beasts Land and that takes place in Paris, so they'd do a Paris ministry. This is not specifically Potter movies.

I *really* don’t think it’ll tie as much into the FB series as many think. Even with the project numbers and such they might be pulling from the existing production crews for time and costs, not because they’re focusing on FB.

I just think not giving people the opportunity to actually explore the UK Ministry on foot a bit would be a huge missed opportunity. I just don't see any real *reason* to go with Paris. It was featured in a near-universally reviled movie in the fan community, and it would guarantee fans never get to really explore the one Ministry that they'd be dying to do so.

I get your thinking but adding another 'London' to a second park just seems crazy to me. I think you could still have it that you visit the MOM London, just via somewhere else, this is all about magic after all.

I think you also need to consider the fact that the movie might be 'reviled' (I'd actually say not well liked) but was the world that was created in the movie? I don't love the movie but I love the World including the French MOM.

Agreed that it would be weird having London in EU, in fact it would actually annoy me.

They could use the ministry for the ride but you’d have to enter the Paris ministry of magic/ or American ministry of magic and then go to the other one by floo powder.

I get that MoM at studios is dead but Do you guys really think they’ll do another London man area when we already have one? Seems illogical at best and downright ridiculous at worst.

I think the fact that the show building is so large is a clue that we’re getting what @Disneyhead said might be coming for the ministry months ago. The entry/queue could be the French ministry. The rides would be based on the patents for the Floo ride and that moving puzzle theater.

Edit: If the theater is a trial for Grindewald, the movement could be used to replicate the jump cuts falling action associated with memories/pensieve. We could start the ride with Michael Gambon Dumbledore, and the memory could use Jude Law Dumbledore.

Last edited:

Well, its heavily rumored to be. Doesnt mean it is but I'm just going off of what we barely know. Its not London officially either. If its rumored to be Fantastic Beasts, id assume Dumbledore will be involved as well to attract more strictly Potter goers. And again, if its Fantastic Beasts, id assume they'd stick with those film locations which was Paris, as the concept art looks like it anyways. Also the courtyard has to be some sort of town, so it can't just be "The Ministry Of Magic" because then we are no longer Muggles. Im not sure how the land will work at all, but based off the concept art it looks more like a town like Paris/London then you enter the showbuildings into "The Wizarding World". Who knows. Kind of like the London facade, but instead of entering Diagon you enter the Ministry.

Edit: Formatting

Let's just compile all the criticism here:
  • HTTYD is a dead franchise and did poorly at box office, just make it DW-land.
  • Nintendo is just a clone of the other Universal parks, and is arriving years late
  • Classic Monsters are not relevant in popular culture
  • Fantastic Beasts was reviled and bombed at box office and just make it London/Potter instead
If you believe the above, it sounds like they have an epic flop on the way.

Btw, making it a "general Potter" area wouldn't be that easy. Not only are the areas not the same but the time period isn't. If they're doing FB Paris, it'll be the 1920s. (I'm personally excited for a potential 20s themed Paris land, whether it's FB or not.)

If its rumored to be Fantastic Beasts, id assume Dumbledore will be involved as well to attract more strictly Potter goers.
This! Dumbledore is going to be a huge part of FB, and having an attraction dedicated to him would only be right. Plus you'd get a bit of star power (Jude Law).

Last edited:
Let's just compile all the criticism here:
  • HTTYD is a dead franchise and did poorly at box office, just make it DW-land.
  • Nintendo is just a clone of the other Universal parks, and is arriving years late
  • Classic Monsters are not relevant in popular culture
  • Fantastic Beasts was reviled and bombed at box office and just make it London/Potter instead
If you believe the above, it sounds like they have an epic flop on the way.

Btw, making it a "general Potter" area wouldn't be that easy. Not only are the areas not the same but the time period isn't. If they're doing FB Paris, it'll be the 1920s.

This! Dumbledore is going to be a huge part of FB, and having an attraction dedicated to him would only be right. Plus you'd get a bit of star power (Jude Law).
All this. I am shocked at the amount of complaints about what IPs are being used. They only have a certain amount, plus 2 other theme parks they still plan to work with as well.

Reactions: alias8703
Well, its heavily rumored to be.

Correct. But that doesn't mean it will be.

I mean, this is largely true. I don't know a Potter fan that has any love for FB

Assuming Jude Law would have any interest in doing so.

Reactions: Awakening
Status
Not open for further replies.