Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 356 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured this has to either be a show or ride setting.

Permits for the show and MoM are separated , but buildings physically connected so if the height is in the permit it's not related the show building for the ride. I have been repeating my own narrative that Courtroom 10 could be the use of the theatre as it's at MoM in the movies, and could be a great set up for a show that's not a bog standard theatre more like Shakespeare's globe vibe.

Permits for the show and MoM are separated , but buildings physically connected so if the height is in the permit it's not related the show building for the ride. I have been repeating my own narrative that Courtroom 10 could be the use of the theatre as it's at MoM in the movies, and could be a great set up for a show that's not a bog standard theatre more like Shakespeare's globe vibe.
Totally agree!

With the land being, at least originally, set in Paris and based on FB, I'd say at some point it would have made sense to be based on the Lestrange Mausoleum.

One issue with both of those setups though is they are "in the round". With this almost certainly being a magic show, I'd think that setup may not be the best way to do it. Something with the show being against a wall where they can use the screen like the Bourne show would make it easier to do magic effects imo.

Another thought. If this is also the entry to the British MoM, making the show somehow be based on the Dumbledore/Voldy fight could make sense. That area probably would be 5 stories tall as well.

What if it's set up like Mission to Mars/Alien Encounter/Stitch, and it's two theaters in the round with 321 seats each (odd number for an ADA row)? More like 325/show with room for four wheelchairs/ECVs.

Edit: Also that would be double the capacity for each Stitch theater, which was 162/theater. Just an idea, but it's not impossible - we've seen them do a similar setup with Diagon's Olivanders.

Last edited:
I'm just overall less excited for EU now than I was. It seems like there's only one attraction that has the potential to "wow" people, and that attraction uses the same tech as Forbidden Journey.

Last edited:
I'm just overall much less excited for EU now than I was. It seems like there's only one attraction that has the potential to "wow" people, and that attraction uses the same tech as Forbidden Journey.
just as we shouldn't overhype ourselves for the park, we shouldn't underhype it either. at the end of the day, we know very little of what is actually going in the park and what things are really gonna look like. there's still 3 years until this opens.

just as we shouldn't overhype ourselves for the park, we shouldn't underhype it either. at the end of the day, we know very little of what is actually going in the park and what things are really gonna look like. there's still 3 years until this opens.

That is true. Everyone thought Pandora was going to be a soulless, cynical cash grab of an irrelevant franchise that wouldn't fit with DAK. Everyone thought Antarctica was going to be a masterpiece that would put Disney and Universal on notice and signal a new era of original attractions.

I mean, with what we think we "know" for rides, we have an AR MK ride, a short omimover, DK coaster, the hub coaster, FJ 2.0, the "newly underwhelming rumored" HP ride, and the "kiddie rides" in HTTYD land. I mean if you look at it that way, it doesn't sound too exciting for a park that should be Universal's flagship park.

But I say that fully knowing we don't really know everything planned or how the rides will actually ride. And it's also intentionally looking at things from the worst slant. Obviously it'll be better than that, but I get where the pessimism comes from.

I mean, with what we think we "know" for rides, we have an AR MK ride, a short omimover, DK coaster, the hub coaster, FJ 2.0, the "newly underwhelming rumored" HP ride, and the "kiddie rides" in HTTYD land. I mean if you look at it that way, it doesn't sound too exciting for a park that should be Universal's flagship park.

But I say that fully knowing we don't really know everything planned or how the rides will actually ride. And it's also intentionally looking at things from the worst slant. Obviously it'll be better than that, but I get where the pessimism comes from.
i wouldn't call Monsters just FJ 2.0, as it is supposedly moving away from screen domes. We really don't know anything about the HP ride so i'm not gonna make any assumptions yet. There's also a possibility the coaster in HTTYD land could be really cool to the degree of Hagrid's, we just don't know. This comment just fuels pessimism for no reason

i wouldn't call Monsters just FJ 2.0, as it is supposedly moving away from screen domes. We really don't know anything about the HP ride so i'm not gonna make any assumptions yet. There's also a possibility the coaster in HTTYD land could be really cool to the degree of Hagrid's, we just don't know. This comment just fuels pessimism for no reason

It (HTTYD coaster) sounds like it could be a bit too similar--I would've preferred a Vekoma family suspended. (I hope the sky fly stays, that sounds really cool!)

"kiddie rides*" of HTTYD Land

*Kids must be taller than 44"

This park, except for Nintendo, will be all new attraction concepts. Contrast that with Beijing, that, except for a couple attractions, are all reskined/renamed rides/clones of existing attractions. Shanghai pretty similar, except for a couple attractions, to all the other Disney Kingdom parks. Epic sounds pretty damn epic to me, as a new park, in comparison.

44" is like 6 years old.

But, again, my post is looking at the glass is half empty side.
It was a joke bud, the land is not the Kiddie land thats being assumed with a launch coaster that's likely 48" and Sky Fly at 51" .

I think everyone needs to chill with the heavy skepticism, you could reduce anybody's favourite park in the world to a sterile list of rides and state how unexciting they sound but a park is more than the sum of that ride list. As ive said previously youre getting an opening day park thats already the equivalent to a fully built out IOA. with room to grow by a further 50% in the following years. New Park, and a lot more room for growth at USF. The bright future that is ahead for Universal Orlando cannot be understated, especially in the awesome fact that in this forum we get to argue about what rides are coming, in other places theyre still arguing about whether a cool new ride should even be built in their precious park and wondering if the only other ride they have to look forward will ever be finished, that's an empty glass situation right there

Status
Not open for further replies.